Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify steals focus Mac + Cmd-tab + multiple desktops

One of the latest versions of Spotify on my Mac all of a sudden steals focus when I cmd-tab to it. I use multiple desktops (spaces?) and always leave Spotify on Desktop 1 on my Mac. I usually do work in some other desktop, say Desktop 2. In my settin...

• Regular
  • One of the latest versions of Spotify on my Mac all of a sudden steals focus when I cmd-tab to it.   I use multiple desktops (spaces?) and always leave Spotify on Desktop 1 on my Mac.  I ...
  • lptotti
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Playlist doesn't stretch to full resolution of monitor

On my work mac Spotify doesn't seem to stretch the playlist columns as I adjust the size of the window. Please see attached image. This also happens on my PC desktop at home. The zoom-in, zoom-out feature doesn't "fix" this either.

• Casual Listener
  • On my work mac Spotify doesn't seem to stretch the playlist columns as I adjust the size of the window.  Please see attached image.  This also happens on my PC desktop at home.  The zo...
  • aznfoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Year In Music is showing me wrong stats

I think the "Year In Music" application COULD be great, but for me it seems like the whole thing is just completely off. My top artists and albums (according to "Year In Music") are ones I've never even heard of. I even looke it up and listened to th...

• Casual Listener
  • I think the "Year In Music" application COULD be great, but for me it seems like the whole thing is just completely off. My top artists and albums (according to "Year In Music") are ones I've never e...
  • hjalleirutan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

can't login via Facebook

I opened the app to listen to music and it logged me out so I went to re login using Facebook like I did before when I signed up. I have a huge playlist that I don't want to remake plus I have Spotify premium that I'm already paying for everytime I h...

• I opened the app to listen to music and it logged me out so I went to re login using Facebook like I did before when I signed up. I have a huge playlist that I don't want to remake plus I have Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify turns black after opening

Since this morning, spotify turns black after opening. It asks me for login every time I open the app, then it loads. but it comes black after a few seconds.

Screenshot 2015-12-05 05.59.28.jpg
  • Roadie
  • Since this morning, spotify turns black after opening. It asks me for login every time I open the app, then it loads. but it comes black after a few seconds.  
  • SteveJobs
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Exclusively Unavailable Features

The folks over at Spotify are 100% dedicated the satisfaction of their customers, and as such have lovingly removed the following features from their Mac OS client. - You used to be able to click on the album art thumbnail of the currently playing tr...

• Regular
  • The folks over at Spotify are 100% dedicated the satisfaction of their customers, and as such have lovingly removed the following features from their Mac OS client.   - You used to be able to ...
  • Valerian
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists won't go into secret mode

Help! I've tried multiple times to hide playlists by right clicking and choosing "make secret" however they still all show up publicly (except the ones I created after I chose the default private playlist option under settings). When I go back to eac...

• Casual Listener
  • Help! I've tried multiple times to hide playlists by right clicking and choosing "make secret" however they still all show up publicly (except the ones I created after I chose the default private p...
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Using my dev port causing conflict

Spotify has gone rogue and has started to listen to my local development port (8099) which means I can't listen to spotify while working locally. How did this happen and how do I fix it? Ideas localhost:4381 (LISTEN) localhost:4371 (LISTEN) localhost...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has gone rogue and has started to listen to my local development port (8099) which means I can't listen to spotify while working locally. How did this happen and how do I fix it? Ideas local...
  • jardineworks
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is killing my MacBook

Recently, every time I start Spotify, my MacBook comes to a comlete stand still. No other apps respond and I keep getting that Chrome error of unresponsive pages. It literally takes me minutes just to successfully force quit Spotify. As soon as I for...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, every time I start Spotify, my MacBook comes to a comlete stand still. No other apps respond and I keep getting that Chrome error of unresponsive pages. It literally takes me minutes j...
  • crofootn
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash Report MAC OS X 10.11 Beta

Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2 (Macbook Air 13")System Version: OS X 10.11 (15A178w)Kernel Version: Darwin 15.0.0Processor Name: Intel Core i5Processor Speed: 1.4 GHzNumber of Processors: 1Total Number of Cores: 2L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KBL3 Cache:...

• Casual Listener
  • Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2 (Macbook Air 13") System Version: OS X 10.11 (15A178w) Kernel Version: Darwin 15.0.0 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz Number of Processors: ...
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

delete

delete  

• Roadie
  • delete   
  • jporter2021sgis
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't launch Spotify

I've been subscribed to Spotify Premium for a couple of years now. When I tried launching spotify today, I got a window with the following message: You can’t open the application “Spotify” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. Tried d...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been subscribed to Spotify Premium for a couple of years now. When I tried launching spotify today, I got a window with the following message: You can’t open the application “Spotify” becau...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing part of song

Hi, I was listening to Soulwax's song "Krack" from the album "Nite Versions" and I noticed part of the song was missing. During the intro, there's supposed to be a high pitched beat but for some reason all there is on the Spotify version is the voice...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I was listening to Soulwax's song "Krack" from the album "Nite Versions" and I noticed part of the song was missing. During the intro, there's supposed to be a high pitched beat but for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Troubles with Pubs

DescriptionSpotify stops playing music, after playing certain pubs (e.g. Coca Cola, Telenet). A detailed description1. Music is playing2. Music stops playing, pub is playing3. Spotify freezes, can't click play, next, previous, etc. My Operating Syste...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Spotify stops playing music, after playing certain pubs (e.g. Coca Cola, Telenet).   A detailed description 1. Music is playing 2. Music stops playing, pub is playing 3. S...
  • bandesdepub
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SOLUTION: iPhone app is skipping in 10 sec increments - I logged out and back in and it fixed itself

I had a weird problem today and wanted to share how I fixed it. I'm using the iPhone app and it started skipping. It plays 1 second and skips 10 seconds (e.g., 0:01 > 0:11 > 0:22 etc.). I was using it yesterday and it was fine. I didn't see a recent ...

• Visitor
  • I had a weird problem today and wanted to share how I fixed it.   I'm using the iPhone app and it started skipping. It plays 1 second and skips 10 seconds (e.g., 0:01 > 0:11 > 0:22 etc.)...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Song doesn't exist on my Spotify but it is online

I'm looking for KSI's new song keep up and it's definitely on the Spotify data base because if I look it up online without an account it comes up but when I go on the app the song doesn't exist could that have to do with me not living in the U.K.? Wi...

• I'm looking for KSI's new song keep up and it's definitely on the Spotify data base because if I look it up online without an account it comes up but when I go on the app the song doesn't exist could...
  • aznfoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline storage for phones

Hey there, I was wondering where my music cache for spotify would be stored for offline mode on my phone. I have storage space issues and I have more music saved on spotify than I do on my music app from apple, and I don't know if it's saved directly...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I was wondering where my music cache for spotify would be stored for offline mode on my phone. I have storage space issues and I have more music saved on spotify than I do on my music app ...
  • frostmasterlol
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

music plays 1:30 then stops

I have a premium spotify account and have never had problems before until a couple of days ago. Out of nowhere my music will only play for a minute and 30 seconds then stop playing the audio. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it but it didn't help...

• I have a premium spotify account and have never had problems before until a couple of days ago. Out of nowhere my music will only play for a minute and 30 seconds then stop playing the audio. I've de...
  • Jcandhugo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

limit of number of songs in a playlist?

Spotify have notified that my starred playlist is now improved but have split it in two. I cannot add any more to the bigger one. Is there a limit?

• Regular
  • Spotify have notified that my starred playlist is now improved but have split it in two. I cannot add any more to the bigger one. Is there a limit?
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File sync causes 98%+ CPU usage

Mac OS X 10.11.1Spotify 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e Starting with a fresh install of Spotify, on a machine with iTunes folder on external HDD1) Open Preferences2) Select iTunes folder3) Watch as CPU spikes to 98%+, hanging computer

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 01.55.39.png
  • Regular
  • Mac OS X 10.11.1 Spotify 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e   Starting with a fresh install of Spotify, on a machine with iTunes folder on external HDD 1) Open Preferences 2) Select iTunes folder 3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes