Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Cannot access charts section

Hey there, I'm a premium user and wanted to listen to any playlist within the section "charts". When clicking on it, the spotify window literally "flashes" in white color for half a second (feels like it hangs although music keeps on playing) and not...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I'm a premium user and wanted to listen to any playlist within the section "charts". When clicking on it, the spotify window literally "flashes" in white color for half a second (...
  • DringoMan
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My favourite music keeps disappearing

Hi, Today suscribed to Spotify. I started saving artists and albums, but almost half of the albums I saved disappeared after I re-opened the app (this happens in both my Mac and my iPhone). I tried saving them again twice, and the same thing happened...

• Hi,  Today suscribed to Spotify. I started saving artists and albums, but almost half of the albums I saved disappeared after I re-opened the app (this happens in both my Mac and my iPhone). I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

a track without sound

DescriptionIt looks like the track spotify:track:6ql61jITHSnZhwN4PUkszRwon't play because empty.Precision : the track isn't dimmed in grey, so it should play A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. I played all others in the list, ok2. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description It looks like the track spotify:track:6ql61jITHSnZhwN4PUkszR won't play because empty. Precision : the track isn't dimmed in grey, so it should play   A more detailed descr...
  • Homocevensis
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

1.0.6.80.g2a801a53 killing my battery life on MBP Late 2013- forcing gpu to switch on

It's forcing the system to turn on the high performance gpu. There used to be a setting in the preferences that allowed users like me to turn this functionality off. Anyway we could get that back? I've listened to 1 album and lost 1/2 of my batter li...

• It's forcing the system to turn on the high performance gpu.    There used to be a setting in the preferences that allowed users like me to turn this functionality off. Anyway we cou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is Classify?

I was incredibly upset, upon restarting Spotify to get the new update, to see that Classify does not exist anymore. I've seen that apps have been discontinued - but seriously!!! There is no rational reason to justify this! Classify was a unique thing...

• Casual Listener
  • I was incredibly upset, upon restarting Spotify to get the new update, to see that Classify does not exist anymore. I've seen that apps have been discontinued - but seriously!!! There is no...
  • Edmar
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 17 likes

Bug in "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature

Glad to see that the "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature has made a return. However, there is a bug. Steps to reproduce: 1. Start playing a song in a playlist2. Skip to the next song (ideally with shuffle on)3. Click the a...

• Visitor
  • Glad to see that the "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature has made a return.   However, there is a bug.   Steps to reproduce:   1. Start playing a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums disappeared

Hey, All my Saved Albums and Songs have disapeared on the desktop version. If I login to play.spotify.com they are there aswell as on my OS devices.I've tried too remove Spotify from my mac and reinstall it but it's the same. Can someone help? I use ...

• Hey,   All my Saved Albums and Songs have disapeared on the desktop version. If I login to play.spotify.com they are there aswell as on my OS devices. I've tried too remove Spotify from my ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not connecting in one simple shot as previous version

With latest update for Spotify on OSX 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53 and iOS (don't have in front of me but latest as of today), Spotify Connect seems to not connect as smoothly as previous version did. With speaker device on standby, in past, I could start Spot...

• Gig Goer
  • With latest update for Spotify on OSX 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53 and iOS (don't have in front of me but latest as of today), Spotify Connect seems to not connect as smoothly as previous version did...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with 'Albums' & 'Artists' on mac

A few updates ago, I suddenly couldn't open my albums and artists from the sidebar. When I click it, the window turns white for a few seconds (I can still see the sidebar) and then returns to the home screen. The same thing happens when I try to see ...

• A few updates ago, I suddenly couldn't open my albums and artists from the sidebar. When I click it, the window turns white for a few seconds (I can still see the sidebar) and then returns to the hom...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! One playlist is empty!

Hi!I opened up Spotify today just to see one of my beloved playlists were empty. One one and it's one of mine so its not Starred or something like that. All other playlists are fine. I thought i might have deleted it all by misstake but nothing happe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I opened up Spotify today just to see one of my beloved playlists were empty. One one and it's one of mine so its not Starred or something like that. All other playlists are fine. I thought i mi...
  • MadMaster
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Build 1.01.1060.gc75ebdfd queue does not refresh properly and is unresponsive

I recently installed Mac Desktop build 1.01.1060.gc75ebdfd and after I found the new location of the Queue (it took a little while), I was dismayed to find that the play queue is now extremely unresponsive. Many times when attempting to move an item ...

• Regular
  • I recently installed Mac Desktop build 1.01.1060.gc75ebdfd and after I found the new location of the Queue (it took a little while), I was dismayed to find that the play queue is now extremely unresp...
  • HStidsen
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Playback stuttering

Streaming on the Mac desktop client is proving extremely impossible lately. Tracks are streaming really slowly to the point where it's basically unlistenable. I have to save playlists/albums offline to listen to a song without it stuttering/buffering...

• Casual Listener
  • Streaming on the Mac desktop client is proving extremely impossible lately. Tracks are streaming really slowly to the point where it's basically unlistenable. I have to save playlists/albums off...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files replacing actual ones

I have an album on Spotify, I also have local files with the same song names as the ones on the album (at some point I might have used Spotify to listen to the local files, before the recordning of the album, dont really remember). Today, listening t...

• I have an album on Spotify, I also have local files with the same song names as the ones on the album (at some point I might have used Spotify to listen to the local files, before the recordning of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I do not want notification of earning kudo points

I really don't need to be sent emails when I achieve a new kudo title from Spotify. Is there a way to stop these notifications?

• Roadie
  • I really don't need to be sent emails when I achieve a new kudo title from Spotify.   Is there a way to stop these notifications?
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Banner Ad Blocking Tracks

A new issue has popped up on my Spotify app on my laptop recently where the banner ads on the bottom of the page cover the last 3 tracks in a playlist. In the screenshot I attached, you can see that the last 3 tracks are still visible underneath the ...

• A new issue has popped up on my Spotify app on my laptop recently where the banner ads on the bottom of the page cover the last 3 tracks in a playlist. In the screenshot I attached, you can see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Recent searches disappear

Since earlier this week, my search history hasn't been saving on my Mac app... every time I close the program and relaunch it all of my recent searches are gone. I've tried logging in and out, rebooting my computer, two clean reinstalls... basically ...

• Roadie
  • Since earlier this week, my search history hasn't been saving on my Mac app... every time I close the program and relaunch it all of my recent searches are gone. I've tried logging in and out, reboot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search for artists in desktop app, but can in web player

This worked yesterday, but this morning is broken. I can't search for any artists in the desktop app on my Macbook Pro, but can in the web player. When I search for an artist on the desktop app (Ver. 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53), I get a message that somethin...

• Regular
  • This worked yesterday, but this morning is broken. I can't search for any artists in the desktop app on my Macbook Pro, but can in the web player. When I search for an artist on the desktop app (Ver....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift Card not working?

Hi Community! My friend recently purchased a 6 month spotify gift card and i entered the code XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and it wouldnt work!? i tried multiple times failing everytime!

• Hi Community!   My friend recently purchased a 6 month spotify gift card and i entered the code XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and it wouldnt work!? i tried multiple times failing everytime!
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TheFatRat - Xenogenesis won't play.

The song ''TheFatRat - Xenogenesis'' starts playing but doesn't make a sound. It works on my iPhone and iPad but not on the Mac. I have tried resyncing the song but it still won't work. Is there anyone who knows any workaround to this? since it's ver...

• The song ''TheFatRat - Xenogenesis'' starts playing but doesn't make a sound. It works on my iPhone and iPad but not on the Mac. I have tried resyncing the song but it still won't work.   Is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't sync local files to phone?

With the new update, my phone doesn't show up on the sidebar to click on and allow me to sync the local files that are unavailable from spotify directly. I'm sick of this premature update.

• Visitor
  • With the new update, my phone doesn't show up on the sidebar to click on and allow me to sync the local files that are unavailable from spotify directly. I'm sick of this premature update.
  • Hostpik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes