Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

CTRL+F missing latest update

I have the latest update with no CtrL+F bar.1.0.6.80.g2a801a53 System Version: OS X 10.10.3 (14D136) Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac13,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 tried complete reinstall. nothing still.

• Roadie
  • I have the latest update with no CtrL+F bar. 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53   System Version: OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)       Model Name: iMac   Model Identifier: iMac13,1   Pro...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Tab Freezes

Device: Mac OS X 10.10.2 I'm using the most recent Spotify update. You know, the one where they removed the Control+F search with no explanation why? While I wait for TIDAL to come out with a desktop player, I'll continue with this broken one. I have...

• Roadie
  • Device: Mac OS X 10.10.2   I'm using the most recent Spotify update. You know, the one where they removed the Control+F search with no explanation why? While I wait for TIDAL to come out with ...
  • ChadR
  • Gig Goer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify replaces tracks

Hello! I have seen that many others are experiencing the same as me, but I haven't seen any sort of explanation or solution yet. I have also asked a few of my friends, and everyone I have asked have experienced it on at least one occasion. The issue ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have seen that many others are experiencing the same as me, but I haven't seen any sort of explanation or solution yet. I have also asked a few of my friends, and everyone I have as...
  • damdam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files issues

Hello! I am not sure if many of you have experienced the same as me but I have experienced the following things: Cant add files from folders on computer directly to local files or a playlistCant change the information about the songs in the local fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!  I am not sure if many of you have experienced the same as me but I have experienced the following things:   Cant add files from folders on computer directly to local files or a ...
  • Kimrt91
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New problems with cover art

After the last updates of Spotify we have experienced some new issues with the cover art for local files. The cover art for the local files we are playing doesnt show on the Mac version of Spotify, but it shows the cover art of the previous played so...

• Casual Listener
  • After the last updates of Spotify we have experienced some new issues with the cover art for local files. The cover art for the local files we are playing doesnt show on the Mac version of Spotify, b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution New Update is terrible (1.0.4)

The amount of features removed/slowed down in this new update is beyond terrible. Here is a list of features I noticed removed/slow down so far in this terrible Spotify update. Removed Local Files features. Can't right click track to edit it's inform...

• Regular
  • The amount of features removed/slowed down in this new update is beyond terrible.  Here is a list of features I noticed removed/slow down so far in this terrible Spotify update.    R...
  • cochrane
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes

"FRIENDS TOP TRACKS" WOULD BE AWESOME IF IT WORKED!

I've been able to go into this "Friends Top Tracks" playlist for several months, but there's nothing there, no tracks. Sometimes there's a few tracks by 1-2 friends. But on my side-feed, I can see that many of my Spotify friends are listening to lots...

• I've been able to go into this "Friends Top Tracks" playlist for several months, but there's nothing there, no tracks.  Sometimes there's a few tracks by 1-2 friends.  But on my side-feed, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My music keeps disappearing!

Hi!I use Spotify mostly on my desktop Mac and my music keeps disappearing : For example, I'll add Rihanna's whole discography and check the next day, it's gone from "my music"!I've made the test with several different artists and can't find an explan...

• Hi! I use Spotify mostly on my desktop Mac and my music keeps disappearing : For example, I'll add Rihanna's whole discography and check the next day, it's gone from "my music"! I've made the test ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound just stops mid-song on Spotify Mac Desktop App

After about 10-20 minutes of listening to something on Spotify, the audio just stops, usually mid-song. I go into the app and the song is still playing (by the bar at the bottom), but there's no sound at all. It is not on mute or anything like that, ...

• After about 10-20 minutes of listening to something on Spotify, the audio just stops, usually mid-song. I go into the app and the song is still playing (by the bar at the bottom), but there's no soun...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Mac desktop playlist does not play correct songs

I have a playlist that consists of songs saved from within Spotify -no local tracks. I dont know what happened but I think in the last update now when I try to play songs by double clicking them it plays something else in my playlist. If I try and cl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist that consists of songs saved from within Spotify -no local tracks. I dont know what happened but I think in the last update now when I try to play songs by double clicking them it p...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio / Add to queue

Since these past couple of updates the new client to me is just JUNK / Garbage. I have a few questions that I am not sure if anyone can answer but if they can't be answered then I expect a fix / update to correct these issues. 1.)When playing from th...

• Roadie
  • Since these past couple of updates the new client to me is just JUNK / Garbage.   I have a few questions that I am not sure if anyone can answer but if they can't be answered then I expect a f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search history not saving

Since yesterday, my search history hasn't been saving on my Mac app... every time I close the program and relaunch it all of my recent searches are gone. I've tried logging in and out, rebooting my computer... basically everything short of a clean re...

• Roadie
  • Since yesterday, my search history hasn't been saving on my Mac app... every time I close the program and relaunch it all of my recent searches are gone. I've tried logging in and out, rebooting my c...
  • beachdude42
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artists/Albums/Songs not saving to My Music

Recently I've noticed that when I Save an album that it will show up under My Artists when I originally save it, but after closing the Program, nothing shows as saved when I reopen it. This is also happening on my iPhone so I'm wondering if this is s...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I've noticed that when I Save an album that it will show up under My Artists when I originally save it, but after closing the Program, nothing shows as saved when I reopen it. This is also h...
  • Ryanozella
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile, Your Music and Recently Played Artists not updating when I play songs.

My profile currently looks like I like I only played 1 artist from the 1 time I listened to that Sia's song. I am playing Spotify, but my profile is not updating to reflect the artists I am currently playing: Likewise in "Your Music" it is not updati...

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.00.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.02.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.07.13 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My profile currently looks like I like I only played 1 artist from the 1 time I listened to that Sia's song.    I am playing Spotify, but my profile is not updating to reflect the ar...
  • tashdane72
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat an ads twice each time (ASIA region)

Hi, I am an user from Hong Kong using free version. Since the last weekend, an milk formula ads were flooding my Spotify desktop version twice a time in every 3 songs later. This frequency is much high my Spotify at home. please give me some suggesti...

• Hi, I am an user from Hong Kong using free version. Since the last weekend, an milk formula ads were flooding my Spotify desktop version twice a time in every 3 songs later. This frequency is mu...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The same songs keep on playing!

Hi, I found a bug on my Mac computer and my android phone. I'll use the tamplate to describe the problem. DescriptionThe problem that I am having is that Spotify always plays the same songs in the same order whenever i starts a new playlist. I have S...

• Roadie
  • Hi, I found a bug on my Mac computer and my android phone. I'll use the tamplate to describe the problem.   Description The problem that I am having is that Spotify always plays the same song...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not displaying content

My playlists are listed (by title) on the left. I can double click them and they start playing. But the list of the songs does not display. I just see the spinning dots "loading" animation. I tried starting a new empty playlist. It still just sits on...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists are listed (by title) on the left. I can double click them and they start playing. But the list of the songs does not display. I just see the spinning dots "loading" animation. I tried s...
  • antonova
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums added to "Your Music" on iPad not showing up on desktop (Mac) app

For a couple of weeks now, I have been adding albums to my music, using Spotify on my iPad Mini. When I come to work and go to find them in the Spotify desktop app for Mac, they are nowhere to be found. The same albums are not marked as saved, and wh...

• For a couple of weeks now, I have been adding albums to my music, using Spotify on my iPad Mini.  When I come to work and go to find them in the Spotify desktop app for Mac, they are nowhere to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! See who added a song to a shared playlist

Hi, I have a shared playlist and would like to know which user added what song. I do see the names of the user on Spotify on my phone, but not on my laptop. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have a shared playlist and would like to know which user added what song. I do see the names of the user on Spotify on my phone, but not on my laptop.   Can anybody help? Thanks...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer has the "cmd+f" function when viewing playlists on latest update

I have a playlist with over 3000 songs, and always used the cmd+f function. It seems to be gone in 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd. Did they get rid of it? This essentially breaks Spotify for me.

• I have a playlist with over 3000 songs, and always used the cmd+f function. It seems to be gone in 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd. Did they get rid of it? This essentially breaks Spotify for me. 
  • o-l-a-v
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes