Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Can't make public playlists

Every time I go to make my starred playlist public it automatically switches back to private !!! Very frustrating for a premium user !!!o

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I go to make my starred playlist public it automatically switches back to private !!! Very frustrating for a premium user !!!o
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to get the old version of spotify! (0.8.5 > 1.0.1)

PC users: Go to C:/Users//Appdata/Roaming/Spotify 1. Make a new empy text file2. Name it Spotify_new.exe3. Right click the file and make the file read only 1. Make a new empty text file2. Name it Spotify_new.exe.sig3. Right click the file and make th...

• Music Fan
  • PC users: Go to C:/Users/<Name>/Appdata/Roaming/Spotify 1. Make a new empy text file 2. Name it Spotify_new.exe 3. Right click the file and make the file read only 1. Make a new empty t...
  • Black_Francis
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Add New Playlist in Folders has been removed?

I add albums to different Playlist Folders. I.e. adding a Metallica Album to the "Rock" folder. I right click the options on the album link and click "Add to Playlist". There is an option at the top for "New Playlist" that creates a new list. I also ...

• Casual Listener
  • I add albums to different Playlist Folders. I.e. adding a Metallica Album to the "Rock" folder. I right click the options on the album link and click "Add to Playlist". There is an option at the top ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook friends missing

I use to be able to share a song or playlist with my facebook friends and now when I go to Send in the sharing window only followers show NO FACEBOOK FRIENDS. What's up?

• Regular
  • I use to be able to share a song or playlist with my facebook friends and now when I go to Send in the sharing window only followers show NO FACEBOOK FRIENDS. What's up?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly asking me to restart and update, even immediately after I do

This is driving me insane. It seems that every day I am asked to restart and update my Spotify. I do it, then it asks me again. Usually, it only makes me restart twice, but sometimes I get stuck in this darn "please update me" loop. Any ideas?

• Gig Goer
  • This is driving me insane.  It seems that every day I am asked to restart and update my Spotify.  I do it, then it asks me again.  Usually, it only makes me restart twice, but sometime...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

What playlist is playing?

Using the Spotify app (1.0.4.90) on OSX: after I select a playlist to play how do I identify the playlist that's playing? Right-clicking the cover art for the currently-playing song doesn't provide this info. Clicking on the Queue only shows the song...

• Regular
  • Using the Spotify app (1.0.4.90) on OSX: after I select a playlist to play how do I identify the playlist that's playing? Right-clicking the cover art for the currently-playing song doesn't provide t...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm Not Seeing the Ability to Add People to Family Plan

Hello! I was trying to add someone to my family account the other day, but I'm not seeing the option to do so anymore. The only thing I can do is remove the one person I already have in there. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I was trying to add someone to my family account the other day, but I'm not seeing the option to do so anymore. The only thing I can do is remove the one person I already have in ther...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

File Count is there, but there aren't any local files.

DescriptionRecently I got an android device with 32 GB of storage so I decided "Hey, lets uplaod my mucic to spotify" and that was the plan. Little did I know there were four duplicate of each song. So I unchecked all of the boxes for local file sour...

• Description Recently I got an android device with 32 GB of storage so I decided "Hey, lets uplaod my mucic to spotify" and that was the plan. Little did I know there were four duplicate of each song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I upgraded to premium but am still seeing ads on the Desktop Player

Hello, I recently (16 hours ago) upgraded to premium (not the free trial - the $11.99 AUD premium subscription), but I'm still seeing ads on my desktop player. Is this normal? I was under the impression they would be gone completely. I have tried shu...

• Hello, I recently (16 hours ago) upgraded to premium (not the free trial - the $11.99 AUD premium subscription), but I'm still seeing ads on my desktop player. Is this normal? I was under the impress...
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Intermittent Connectivity

On the latest version of Yosemite, connected to my company's wireless internet which is typically extremely fast. I've been having Spotify cut in and out all the time and it's only at the office as far as I can tell. The puzzling thing is that it doe...

• Regular
  • On the latest version of Yosemite, connected to my company's wireless internet which is typically extremely fast.   I've been having Spotify cut in and out all the time and it's only at the ...
  • ibbutler
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

When is the ctrl + f function coming back?

Im new to the community and sorry if this is in the wrong thread. The title says it all, does anyone know when the ctrl + f function is coming back? I have googled this for a while and the only thing I found was that " it will be coming back in a fut...

• Im new to the community and sorry if this is in the wrong thread. The title says it all, does anyone know when the ctrl + f function is coming back? I have googled this for a while and the only thing...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song suddenly plays different soundtrack

I've been listening to 'Tidal Wave by Snowmine' for a couple of days now and I love the song!! Only all of the sudden when I play the song on my macbook it plays a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT song? Like how does this suddenly happen? When I play the same so...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been listening to 'Tidal Wave by Snowmine' for a couple of days now and I love the song!! Only all of the sudden when I play the song on my macbook it plays a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT song? Like how...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Spotify to work

I cannot even get started, please help. I won't pay into if Ican't even use it.

• I cannot even get started, please help. I won't pay into if Ican't even use it.
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When will the bluetooth bug be fixed??

I have purchased a premium version to listen to it through my awesome speakers, and I can't.when do you intend to fix this.

• I have purchased a premium version to listen to it through my awesome speakers, and I can't. when do you intend to fix this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac OSX 10.10.3 Problems Download All Songs and Sort Music

Dear Spotify developer, in the current Spotify Version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b there appeared some new issues: 1. The Sort funcition in My Music "Songs" is covered and only seen if I drag the Width of the window larger than the Display-Width (Mac Retina r...

• Dear Spotify developer,   in the current Spotify Version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b there appeared some new issues:   1. The Sort funcition in My Music "Songs" is covered and only see...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Mac] General unstable nondeterministic behavior after client has been running for a long time

DescriptionI am not sure what changed but within the last few weeks, but now I find myself restarting Spotify more frequently. Maybe this problem has already existed and the software updates prevented me from experiencing it. Either way, there seems ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I am not sure what changed but within the last few weeks, but now I find myself restarting Spotify more frequently. Maybe this problem has already existed and the software updates p...
  • unchkdException
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifyWebHelper Popup on Mac

Hi, Today I ran into an issue while installing Spotify. Every 5-10 seconds, my Mac pops up with "You don't have permission to use the application 'SpotifyWebHelper.'" I tried deleting Spotify all together, but it comes up with the same thing. I also ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Today I ran into an issue while installing Spotify. Every 5-10 seconds, my Mac pops up with "You don't have permission to use the application 'SpotifyWebHelper.'" I tried deleting Spotif...
  • evilarceus1348
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

drag and drop broken after update

osx 10.9.5, spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd dragging tracks into playlist now does nothing, and dragging folders into spotify playlist results in this:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq7kfm0z7qr612u/Screenshot%202015-03-13%2013.58.31.png?dl=0 a also used to b...

• Regular
  • osx 10.9.5, spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   dragging tracks into playlist now does nothing, and dragging folders into spotify playlist results in this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq7kfm0z7...
  • d0lph1n
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist Plays Wrong Track

Whenever I update one of my playlists I get the following bug: The albums/tracks are added to the playlist but when I start playing them, spotify plays a complete other track than that's listed at that position. For example: The first track in my pla...

• Whenever I update one of my playlists I get the following bug:   The albums/tracks are added to the playlist but when I start playing them, spotify plays a complete other track than that'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Select All Tracks in "My Music"

For playlists, select all works fine. I can select all tracks, or I can use the Shift+select feature to select a batch of tracks at once. But in "Your Music", it ALWAYS leaves various tracks unselected inbetween. Having a collection of over 5000 song...

• Music Fan
  • For playlists, select all works fine. I can select all tracks, or I can use the Shift+select feature to select a batch of tracks at once. But in "Your Music", it ALWAYS leaves various tracks unselect...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes