Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Bug in my Playlist

Hi Guys, This problem happens in Windows and Mac Clients. Sometimes my playlist can't play some songs. I click on Play in some music on the list and they don't start to play. Others musics starts to play but plays a different music, other music of my...

• Hi Guys,   This problem happens in Windows and Mac Clients.   Sometimes my playlist can't play some songs.   I click on Play in some music on the list and they don't start t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import local music?

I'm trying to imort a CD that I have which the music from is not available on spotify. It shows up in local music, but if I try to play it or move it to my songs then I get a message saying something along the lines of "This track is not available. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to imort a CD that I have which the music from is not available on spotify.  It shows up in local music, but if I try to play it or move it to my songs then I get a message saying som...
  • cypress11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac sportify client, AppleTV, airplay and cover art/album info not showing..

After searching for a solution on and off for...years, I am shouting out for help: I use Spotify mostly from my MBP 2011 when at home. Streaming to AppleTV via Airplay. All software up to date. Now... album art/song info only shows as blank cover wit...

• After searching for a solution on and off for...years, I am shouting out for help:   I use Spotify mostly from my MBP 2011 when at home. Streaming to AppleTV via Airplay. All software up to da...
  • Flacorobin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I update to the latest version?? I can't see that option.

Hi!I appear to be running an old version but am not being given the option to update. Can anyone help?Currenty on 0.9.15.27Also, does the new version revert back to the old Activity Feed (where it was realtime, not just the last thing each person lis...

• Hi! I appear to be running an old version but am not being given the option to update. Can anyone help? Currenty on 0.9.15.27 Also, does the new version revert back to the old Activity Feed (where...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Service is Temporarily Unavailable - Won't Let Me Log In

I keep trying to log on to the Mac Desktop app and it keeps coming up 'Service is Temporarily Unavailable. Please try again later.' This has been happening for two days. I use Facebook to log in. I don't know how to fix this and I've tried everything...

• I keep trying to log on to the Mac Desktop app and it keeps coming up 'Service is Temporarily Unavailable. Please try again later.' This has been happening for two days. I use Facebook to log in. &n...
  • Harribenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

ITunes Playlists OPTIONS NOT WORKING

I clicked on the links in the Spotify help page for transferring my iTunes playlists to Spotify. The XML file of iTunes playlists didn't work with Ivy. The other options are very confusing. It appears that some of my iTunes playlists do appear on Spo...

• Roadie
  • I clicked on the links in the Spotify help page for transferring my iTunes playlists to Spotify. The XML file of iTunes playlists didn't work with Ivy. The other options are very confusing. It appear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks stop playing at or near the end

Hi I'm having some problems with the desktop app on my mac (OSX 10.7.5, Spotify 1.0.5.178). Basically it seems to get to the end of a track and just stop playing, it keeps the play button as if it's still going, as in not actually pausing on purpose....

• Hi I'm having some problems with the desktop app on my mac (OSX 10.7.5, Spotify 1.0.5.178).  Basically it seems to get to the end of a track and just stop playing, it keeps the play button as if...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add songs from local list to song section?

Hey, I'd like to add some songs from my itunes library and a few CD's I bought from a local artist to my spotify song section. Can anyone help me by guiding me? thanks, Rizmanist

• Hey,   I'd like to add some songs from my itunes library and a few CD's I bought from a local artist to my spotify song section.     Can anyone help me by guiding me?   tha...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resizing column size.

Is there no way to format the length of the few displayed columns? It's inconvenient while listening playlists that contain longer track titles to not see them fully.

• Is there no way to format the length of the few displayed columns? It's inconvenient while listening playlists that contain longer track titles to not  see them fully. 
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Where is the "Your Music"-Stuff on my macbook???

Hey everybody, I have a problem with my Songs/Albums/Artists on my macbook. All this stuff I can find on my iPhone, ipad and WIndows-PC, but on my macbook there're only two albums. Can anyone tell me why? Re-Log failed. Thanks and have a nice day eve...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everybody,    I have a problem with my Songs/Albums/Artists on my macbook.  All this stuff I can find on my iPhone, ipad and WIndows-PC, but on my macbook there're only two albu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New to Spotify - Unable to Copy My Music held in my local drive music to Spotify

Hi, I followed every instruction in the world.Installed SpotifyWent to Local FilesSaw all my albumsTried to drag the albums to "Songs" - Didn't workCreated a Playlist and Dragged them there - Only a few able to listened to on another deviceTried to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I followed every instruction in the world. Installed Spotify Went to Local Files Saw all my albums Tried to drag the albums to "Songs" - Didn't work Created a Playlist and Dragged ...
  • verbose1127
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with desktop player for mac v.1.0.4.90

I am having problems with spotify reducing the graphics on my macbook pro (mid 2014) running os x 10.10.If the player is viewed at all, responsiveness between desktops(aka. swiping between desktops) becomes glitchy and stuttery. If minimized this pro...

• I am having problems with spotify reducing the graphics on my macbook pro (mid 2014) running os x 10.10. If the player is viewed at all, responsiveness between desktops(aka. swiping between desktops...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug Search Bar

I'm using Spotify version 1.0.4.90 on a Macbook Pro using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 and I noticed that when you add a certain special character, like a "\" to the end of search query in the search bar the suggestions that drop down are no longer clickabl...

• I'm using Spotify version 1.0.4.90 on a Macbook Pro using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 and I noticed that when you add a certain special character, like a "\" to the end of search query in the search b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files import, but do not play

Hi, I am on a 2012 Macbook pro, OSX 10.9.5, Spotify Version 1.0.4.90. Premium User. My local files (around 16.000 MP3s, all tagged, all working in iTunes) wont play in Spotify. I tried everything, searched the forum, all of it. The files DO import (v...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I am on a 2012 Macbook pro, OSX 10.9.5, Spotify Version 1.0.4.90. Premium User.    My local files (around 16.000 MP3s, all tagged, all working in iTunes) wont play in S...
  • tmotl
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Feature Requests - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

Hi everyone, let's start talking about what features are missing and you hope are included in a future release of Spotify for Desktop. Hopefully the development team will see and consider this a useful thread. Let's post just feature requests and not...

• Music Fan
  • Hi everyone, let's start talking about what features are missing and you hope are included in a future release of Spotify for Desktop.  Hopefully the development team will see and consider this ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with 1.0.2 - Misbehaving Auto Startup and Unresponsive on Startup

Since the recent update (1.0.2, I think), I'm having (more) trouble with Spotify on OS X. Problems: 1. If I shutdown OS X, Spotify starts automatically on system startup. It does this in spite of having turned this feature off under advanced settings...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the recent update (1.0.2, I think), I'm having (more) trouble with Spotify on OS X.    Problems:    1. If I shutdown OS X, Spotify starts automatically on system startup...
  • forthedot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happened to the find feature (command + F) within my created playlists?

Hey before the updates you were able (on mac) to press command + F to bring up a search field where I can search key words in the playlist. Please bring this feature back because it was easy to find songs or artist in a playlist that has over 500 son...

• Regular
  • Hey before the updates you were able (on mac) to press command + F to bring up a search field where I can search key words in the playlist.   Please bring this feature back because it was easy...
  • clarkeant
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify vs Yosemite, no contest

I am running Spotify app with Yosemite (10.10.3). Apparently, this combination is not compatible. Spotify kills my system by sucking up all memory. The app will take 20 minutes to open if I am lucky, the little wheel just goes round and round. When r...

• I am running Spotify app with Yosemite (10.10.3). Apparently, this combination is not compatible. Spotify kills my system by sucking up all memory. The app will take 20 minutes to open if I am lucky,...
  • spasskij
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Doubled Playlist Starred

Hi everybody,i used the desktop version of spotify first time and made a big mistake. I doubled the playlist Starred.Anybody an idea how to delete one of them? Many thanks Marcel

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, i used the desktop version of spotify first time and made a big mistake. I doubled the playlist Starred. Anybody an idea how to delete one of them?   Many thanks   Marce...
  • nichtsniente
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Search at Mac

Hey Guys, I have some problems with the search for songs in offline mode. there are only some less song which ,are offline available, i can find. Also the shortcut Cmd+F doesnt work. Can someone help me pls? Thank you Sebi115

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys,   I have some problems with the search for songs in offline mode. there are only some less song which ,are offline available, i can find. Also the shortcut Cmd+F doesnt work. Can som...
  • Sebi115
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes