Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

"Top Recommendations for You" Never Changes Anymore

The Discover section has been by far my favorite Spotify feature, and used to update frequently based on music I had been listening to lately. In the last month or more, I've noticed that it is still making recommendations based on music I listened t...

• The Discover section has been by far my favorite Spotify feature, and used to update frequently based on music I had been listening to lately. In the last month or more, I've noticed that it is still...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Why can't I jump to current track?

I have thousands of songs in a single playlist.If I want to delete a song from the playlist, I have to scroll down all the way to find it.I thought clicking on the album art directs to the current track,but it only directs to the playlist the song is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have thousands of songs in a single playlist. If I want to delete a song from the playlist, I have to scroll down all the way to find it. I thought clicking on the album art directs to the curren...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

New and latest Mac OS X realeases not saving advanced preferences !

Hi. I'm on a iMac 27" running Yosemite latest system and yesterday i tried to update Spotify as always but thistime i had to go back to a ealier version 0.9.x because the new 1.0.x is not remembering/saving the advanced prefrences !!!It's a big annoy...

• Hi.   I'm on a iMac 27" running Yosemite latest system and yesterday i tried to update Spotify as always but this time i had to go back to a ealier version 0.9.x because the new 1.0.x is not ...
  • forthedot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facility To Make Individual Tracks Offline Within A Playlist

I've got loads of playlists comprising of tracks where on average I can find about 80% of them on Spotify so I have to complete the playlists with the remaining 20% using mp3 tracks that I own and making them 'local files' and then setting them to of...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got loads of playlists comprising of tracks where on average I can find about 80% of them on Spotify so I have to complete the playlists with the remaining 20% using mp3 tracks that I own and ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! offline-mode; only playlists?

Hey guys, I use the "your music" option very often and i have just a few playlists. But i would love to enjoy my music from the "your music" part, without marking all titles and copying them into a playlist. Is there a way to do so or is offline-mode...

• Hey guys,   I use the "your music" option very often and i have just a few playlists. But i would love to enjoy my music from the "your music" part, without marking all titles and copying them...
  • fakedad
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps playing an artist I don't like!

Even when trying to play an album or playlist, spotify keeps returning to songs of a hip-hop artist I don't like. Continually. I prefer folk rock or classical or jazz but how do I get rid of this artist? So frustrating as is the fact that I can't tal...

• Casual Listener
  • Even when trying to play an album or playlist, spotify keeps returning to songs of a hip-hop artist I don't like.  Continually.  I prefer folk rock or classical or jazz but how do I get rid...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Will Not Open On My Mac! Frozen/Unresponsive!

DescriptionI double tap Spotify on my dock to open. The icon bounces for roughly a minute, before the program is flagged as frozen & unresponsive with a request to 'Ignore' or send a report to Apple. This then leads to the program being closed/force ...

• Visitor
  • Description I double tap Spotify on my dock to open. The icon bounces for roughly a minute, before the program is flagged as frozen & unresponsive with a request to 'Ignore' or send a report to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

starred songs have disappeared

I just went onto my account on my phone and see there are 0 songs in my starred play list suddenly. Any suggestions?Thank you

• I just went onto my account on my phone and see there are 0 songs in my starred play list suddenly. Any suggestions? Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest desktop version so slow it's unusable

Guys, I'm sorry. I never leave messages like this but this new desktop version of Spotify - OH. MY GOD. It's so slow it's not even usable? How did this get released? It seems someone on the team was over their head and got ahead of the average user i...

• Regular
  •   Guys, I'm sorry. I never leave messages like this but this new desktop version of Spotify - OH. MY GOD. It's so slow it's not even usable?   How did this get released? It seems someone...
  • Pergolaattori
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 25 likes

Bug in my Playlist

Hi Guys, This problem happens in Windows and Mac Clients. Sometimes my playlist can't play some songs. I click on Play in some music on the list and they don't start to play. Others musics starts to play but plays a different music, other music of my...

• Hi Guys,   This problem happens in Windows and Mac Clients.   Sometimes my playlist can't play some songs.   I click on Play in some music on the list and they don't start t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import local music?

I'm trying to imort a CD that I have which the music from is not available on spotify. It shows up in local music, but if I try to play it or move it to my songs then I get a message saying something along the lines of "This track is not available. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to imort a CD that I have which the music from is not available on spotify.  It shows up in local music, but if I try to play it or move it to my songs then I get a message saying som...
  • cypress11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac sportify client, AppleTV, airplay and cover art/album info not showing..

After searching for a solution on and off for...years, I am shouting out for help: I use Spotify mostly from my MBP 2011 when at home. Streaming to AppleTV via Airplay. All software up to date. Now... album art/song info only shows as blank cover wit...

• After searching for a solution on and off for...years, I am shouting out for help:   I use Spotify mostly from my MBP 2011 when at home. Streaming to AppleTV via Airplay. All software up to da...
  • Flacorobin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I update to the latest version?? I can't see that option.

Hi!I appear to be running an old version but am not being given the option to update. Can anyone help?Currenty on 0.9.15.27Also, does the new version revert back to the old Activity Feed (where it was realtime, not just the last thing each person lis...

• Hi! I appear to be running an old version but am not being given the option to update. Can anyone help? Currenty on 0.9.15.27 Also, does the new version revert back to the old Activity Feed (where...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Service is Temporarily Unavailable - Won't Let Me Log In

I keep trying to log on to the Mac Desktop app and it keeps coming up 'Service is Temporarily Unavailable. Please try again later.' This has been happening for two days. I use Facebook to log in. I don't know how to fix this and I've tried everything...

• I keep trying to log on to the Mac Desktop app and it keeps coming up 'Service is Temporarily Unavailable. Please try again later.' This has been happening for two days. I use Facebook to log in. &n...
  • Harribenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

ITunes Playlists OPTIONS NOT WORKING

I clicked on the links in the Spotify help page for transferring my iTunes playlists to Spotify. The XML file of iTunes playlists didn't work with Ivy. The other options are very confusing. It appears that some of my iTunes playlists do appear on Spo...

• Roadie
  • I clicked on the links in the Spotify help page for transferring my iTunes playlists to Spotify. The XML file of iTunes playlists didn't work with Ivy. The other options are very confusing. It appear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks stop playing at or near the end

Hi I'm having some problems with the desktop app on my mac (OSX 10.7.5, Spotify 1.0.5.178). Basically it seems to get to the end of a track and just stop playing, it keeps the play button as if it's still going, as in not actually pausing on purpose....

• Hi I'm having some problems with the desktop app on my mac (OSX 10.7.5, Spotify 1.0.5.178).  Basically it seems to get to the end of a track and just stop playing, it keeps the play button as if...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add songs from local list to song section?

Hey, I'd like to add some songs from my itunes library and a few CD's I bought from a local artist to my spotify song section. Can anyone help me by guiding me? thanks, Rizmanist

• Hey,   I'd like to add some songs from my itunes library and a few CD's I bought from a local artist to my spotify song section.     Can anyone help me by guiding me?   tha...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resizing column size.

Is there no way to format the length of the few displayed columns? It's inconvenient while listening playlists that contain longer track titles to not see them fully.

• Is there no way to format the length of the few displayed columns? It's inconvenient while listening playlists that contain longer track titles to not  see them fully. 
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Where is the "Your Music"-Stuff on my macbook???

Hey everybody, I have a problem with my Songs/Albums/Artists on my macbook. All this stuff I can find on my iPhone, ipad and WIndows-PC, but on my macbook there're only two albums. Can anyone tell me why? Re-Log failed. Thanks and have a nice day eve...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everybody,    I have a problem with my Songs/Albums/Artists on my macbook.  All this stuff I can find on my iPhone, ipad and WIndows-PC, but on my macbook there're only two albu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New to Spotify - Unable to Copy My Music held in my local drive music to Spotify

Hi, I followed every instruction in the world.Installed SpotifyWent to Local FilesSaw all my albumsTried to drag the albums to "Songs" - Didn't workCreated a Playlist and Dragged them there - Only a few able to listened to on another deviceTried to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I followed every instruction in the world. Installed Spotify Went to Local Files Saw all my albums Tried to drag the albums to "Songs" - Didn't work Created a Playlist and Dragged ...
  • verbose1127
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes