Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Deleted entire Starred Playlist on accident

Hi, I deleted my 2000 song Starred playlist on accident. I was trying to do a search in it, but my desktop version wouldn't let me. Somehow I magically highlighted them all and pressed the back button and voila. All gone. Please help. thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I deleted my 2000 song Starred playlist on accident.  I was trying to do a search in it, but my desktop version wouldn't let me. Somehow I magically highlighted them all and pressed...
  • boricua1313
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone else noticed the new Spotify Desktop update for Mac OSX is really unstable?

Since updating to the new version of Spotify (the one with the lyrics, and without all of my apps!), I've found that Spotify keeps crashing, and getting stuck in loops trying to load artists' pages (using >40% of the CPU to do so!).Notifications won'...

• Casual Listener
  •   Since updating to the new version of Spotify (the one with the lyrics, and without all of my apps!), I've found that Spotify keeps crashing, and getting stuck in loops trying to load artists'...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing an other number then I hit

Hello, If I try to play a number from a playlist on my mac it plays an completely other number then I hit. Can anyone help me to solve this problem because it's quite anoying. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   If I try to play a number from a playlist on my mac it plays an completely other number then I hit. Can anyone help me to solve this problem because it's quite anoying.   Thanks
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Way to know if a song is in my playlist? Why was this feature removed!

Why did Spotify remove the obviously necessary feature of knowing if a song has already been added to a playlist or not? The first way to tell was a checkbox next to the playlists a song was in....then they switched to the playlists being lighter in ...

• Roadie
  • Why did Spotify remove the obviously necessary feature of knowing if a song has already been added to a playlist or not? The first way to tell was a checkbox next to the playlists a song was in....th...
  • needforname
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files on Iphone

So I have this music on my Mac Spotify in the Local File folder and I can play it on here perfectly fine but I'm having trouble finding out how to play this on my phone. If anyone can help it'd be appreciated!

• Casual Listener
  • So I have this music on my Mac Spotify in the Local File folder and I can play it on here perfectly fine but I'm having trouble finding out how to play this on my phone. If anyone can help it'd be ap...
  • keegar1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to log what people publicly listen to?

I honestly don't know if this is the best place to post this. Please move if it need be. I'm doing a research experemient for school on how what we listen to effects how we act. I was wondering if there was a way to automatically log what people publ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ondering if there was a way to automatically log what people publically listen to in my social feed? Somehow have it log to a spreadsheet or something?    Thank you for your help!
  • BobTheTomato
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes opens Spotify

Hello everyone, I have this "problem": when I open iTunes, Spotify starts automatically; as you can see in the attached video. I really don't know why this is happening. I'm on Mac OS X Yosemite. http://wikisend.com/download/955966/spotify.mov Thanks...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I have this "problem": when I open iTunes, Spotify starts automatically; as you can see in the attached video. I really don't know why this is happening. I'm on Mac OS X Yose...
  • tonydefranco
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Mac (1.0.2) add itself to the startup regardless of settings

Even when I set the option Open Spotify to No the next time I start spotify it is changed to Minimized. Why isn't this setting honored?

• Regular
  • Even when I set the option Open Spotify to No the next time I start spotify it is changed to Minimized. Why isn't this setting honored?
  • eladts
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Press letter key but it doesn't bring me to the artist or song begins with that letter.

Hi. With this new version (no app) when I press letter key, it doesn't bring me to the artist or song begins with that letter.example when I press "p" on my keyboard, it doesn't bring me to the artist begin with "p"Not sure if it is my computer probl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   With this new version (no app) when I press letter key, it doesn't bring me to the artist or song begins with that letter. example when I press "p" on my keyboard, it doesn't bring me t...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Preview listen in discovery tab doesn't work anymore

hi, i'm on os x 10.9.4 and spotify 0.9.11.27, premium membership when i hold leftclick over a suggestion in the discovery tab the preview listening function doesn't work anymore. before that i i hold the mouse button get a preview of the suggested tr...

• Music Fan
  • hi, i'm on os x 10.9.4 and spotify 0.9.11.27, premium membership   when i hold leftclick over a suggestion in the discovery tab the preview listening function doesn't work anymore. before ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 21 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 21 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Cannot load the notifications OSX

Hi, I have a problem with the desktop version for OSX (my version is 10.10.2). It shows me that I have three new notifications, but when I want to open them, the system cannot load them. I have tried to turn Spotify on and off, restart the computer, ...

Snímek obrazovky 2015-03-31 v 15.50.39.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a problem with the desktop version for OSX (my version is 10.10.2). It shows me that I have three new notifications, but when I want to open them, the system cannot load them. I h...
  • fbiehne
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist has mysteriously disappeared!

Guys! I had a really good playlist with about 300 hand-picked songs that took me several months to build, and it's gone. It's just GONE. I did NOT delete this.

• Gig Goer
  • Guys! I had a really good playlist with about 300 hand-picked songs that took me several months to build, and it's gone. It's just GONE. I did NOT delete this.
  • chaddjohnson
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ability to Delete Radio Stations

I know I've set the cache size on a previous version of spotify on the mac, and this article confirms the feature exists:http://www.maketecheasier.com/clear-spotify-cache/ However, I can no longer find the option to change the cache size in the prefe...

• Visitor
  • I know I've set the cache size on a previous version of spotify on the mac, and this article confirms the feature exists: http://www.maketecheasier.com/clear-spotify-cache/   However, I can n...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to Playlist from Album - Track order randomised

I have noticed this happening in the last 2 weeks or so. Every time I create a playlist (or add to an existing playlist) an entire album by highlighting them all, the tracks would get added into the playlist, however the song order would get complete...

• Casual Listener
  • I have noticed this happening in the last 2 weeks or so. Every time I create a playlist (or add to an existing playlist) an entire album by highlighting them all, the tracks would get added into the ...
  • arimbun
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue is totally messed up

Ever since I updated to the latest Spotify (I use the beta one if this makes a difference - funnily enough, I had to switch to it because of another play queue problem) I can no longer remove tracks from my play queue, add songs to it, or rearrange t...

• Regular
  • Ever since I updated to the latest Spotify (I use the beta one if this makes a difference - funnily enough, I had to switch to it because of another play queue problem) I can no longer remove tracks ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Followers Showing Zero

When I look at Spotify on my desktop and on my IPhone, it shows that I have no followers on any of my playlists but the playlists still show up on someone else's profile under "public playlists". Is this a glitch or did they unfollow my playlists and...

• Casual Listener
  • When I look at Spotify on my desktop and on my IPhone, it shows that I have no followers on any of my playlists but the playlists still show up on someone else's profile under "public playlists".&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to filter a playlist on Mac?

I love many of the playlists that Spotify and others make. And they update them which is even better. I also love Artist Radio and many other ways to get a great music selection. However, occasionally I hear songs and artists that I don't like and so...

• Casual Listener
  • I love many of the playlists that Spotify and others make. And they update them which is even better. I also love Artist Radio and many other ways to get a great music selection.    ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop songs now unavailable?

Hello hello, Recently I've found that a lot of my desktop downloaded songs are no longer available for me to listen to on my desktop or mobile Spotify. These songs were never available on Spotify albums since they were unknown songs (they're fanmade ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello hello, Recently I've found that a lot of my desktop downloaded songs are no longer available for me to listen to on my desktop or mobile Spotify. These songs were never available on Spotify alb...
  • PocketWatches
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Transfer Local Files folder and their position in playlists from old Mac to new Mac

Hi, Is there any way I can transfer my "Local Files" folder in Spotify from my old Mac to my new one I bought yesterday? I haven't installed spotify on the new one yet, but if I do, I know that all my playlists will be synced. The songs that are avai...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Is there any way I can transfer my "Local Files" folder in Spotify from my old Mac to my new one I bought yesterday? I haven't installed spotify on the new one yet, but if I do...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero - Only playing 1/3rd of each song.... :(

Hi hopefully you can fix this, its only playing about 1/3rd of each song then it goes to the next song....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi hopefully you can fix this, its only playing about 1/3rd of each song then it goes to the next song.... 
  • Jellyboots
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes