Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Collaborative Playlists no longer indicate new tracks or who added them

Seriously, what is going on with this new desktop app? It's like the developers simply forgot to implement a lot of these features.

• Seriously, what is going on with this new desktop app? It's like the developers simply forgot to implement a lot of these features.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

List of bugs in the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Mac 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd Apologies if these have already been reported - Playlists not updating when multiple users contributingSpotify randomly pauses about a minute into some tracksUsername not showing correct name (track listing)Username doesn't l...

• Casual Listener
  • Mac 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   Apologies if these have already been reported -   Playlists not updating when multiple users contributing Spotify randomly pauses about a minute into some t...
  • willb
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching PCs don't work anymore since the upgrade

I have spotify on a windows machine at work (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) and on a mac at home. For a long time I would just pause at work and then when I was at home I could just click on what I want to listen to and it would work fine. Now since the upgrade,...

• I have spotify on a windows machine at work (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) and on a mac at home.  For a long time I would just pause at work and then when I was at home I could just click on what I want to...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bring back Top 100 auto generated playlist

I like listening to the top 100 playlist that is being played here in teh UK and also in italy! Always fresh music that i don't have to search out! Please bring it back. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I like listening to the top 100 playlist that is being played here in teh UK and also in italy! Always fresh music that i don't have to search out!   Please bring it back.   Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Getting Logged off

For last few days whenever I put on Sonos, it seems to log me off if I am playing Spotify through my mac or iphone. Has something changed? For the three device limitation, I use it on my mac, my iphone and sonos. Occasionally sonos will be playing at...

• For last few days whenever I put on Sonos, it seems to log me off if I am playing Spotify through my mac or iphone.    Has something changed? For the three device limitation, I use it on ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where can I change the storage folder in the new version on my mac?

I saved my playlists on an memory card and I changed the storage folder in the settings to this folder. But now Spotify don't recognise this folder anymore and I can't find where I can't choose the storage-folder. I only can add local files but this ...

• I saved my playlists on an memory card and I changed the storage folder in the settings to this folder. But now Spotify don't recognise this folder anymore and I can't find where I can't choose the s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 4s won't sync to Mac via USB.

Ok so I have an iPhone 4s and a Mac running OS X 10.6 and my iPhone won't sync or show up under the devices tab on the Spotify desktop client version 0.9.15.27 (Is this the latest version? If not, it wont let me update, every restart and even several...

• Casual Listener
  •    Ok so I have an iPhone 4s and a Mac running OS X 10.6 and my iPhone won't sync or show up under the devices tab on the Spotify desktop client version 0.9.15.27 (Is this the latest versio...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The Devices?

I'm really fond of the ability to sync your local tracks to your phone using the devices option on my desktop spotify. However, since the update, there is no device section that I can find, and boy have I looked. Thus, I don't know how to sync any mo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm really fond of the ability to sync your local tracks to your phone using the devices option on my desktop spotify. However, since the update, there is no device section that I can find, and boy h...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! We miss the App Finder

Your jive about mobile being the new priority is jive. It's about money no doubt. We wish you would seriously consider bringing back the desktop apps.

• Your jive about mobile being the new priority is jive. It's about money no doubt. We wish you would seriously consider bringing back the desktop apps.
  • APPS-man
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Mac OS X 10.8.5 update+reinstall crashes on start

Hello! I'm running mac OS X 10.8.5 and today got a pop up to update Spotify, which I did. The application closed and then never opened. I went to open it manually but it was gone from my Applications folder. I redownloaded the installer and followed ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I'm running mac OS X 10.8.5 and today got a pop up to update Spotify, which I did. The application closed and then never opened. I went to open it manually but it was gone from my Applications...
  • Jenibus
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Subfolders

Hello, I used to have subfolders in my playlists. Did this feature go away or am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks.

• Hello, I used to have subfolders in my playlists.  Did this feature go away or am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks.
  • calikicks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback issues (DAC setup)

Recently, I have issues with audio playback. I play Spotify though a headless Mac Mini with a DAC to my amplifier. At times, my Mac Mini will play the audio now though its internal speaker, instead of feeding it to the DAC. Could this also be caused ...

• Music Fan
  • Recently, I have issues with audio playback. I play Spotify though a headless Mac Mini with a DAC to my amplifier. At times, my Mac Mini will play the audio now though its internal speaker, instead o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop Application on Mac doesn't display any album artwork

Hi All, I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac and havent been able to see any album artwork or friends' profile pictures for some time now. All other aspects of the application work fine but much of the shine of the application is lost without the album a...

• Hi All,    I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac and havent been able to see any album artwork or friends' profile pictures for some time now. All other aspects of the application work fine bu...
  • KeithJoWalsh
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bring back Date Added in Local Files

We used to be able to sort the local files by date added now that's even gone... And with the ctrl/cmd+f find filter gone from all the views, it's very difficult to find a song. Basically have to sort alphabetically and look for it — which doens't wo...

• Music Fan
  • We used to be able to sort the local files by date added now that's even gone... And with the ctrl/cmd+f find filter gone from all the views, it's very difficult to find a song. Basically have to sor...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrolling broken when reordering song queue.

Ever since the recent update that moved the queue button from the side bar to the bottom, scrolling while reordering your play queue has stopped working. I sometimes want to move the last-added song in the queue to the top so I can hear it next, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the recent update that moved the queue button from the side bar to the bottom, scrolling while reordering your play queue has stopped working.  I sometimes want to move the last-added...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My "Play Queue" and "Messages" disappeared

For some time now I don't have the Play queue or the Messages bar. (Mac OS X)

Captura de Tela 2015-03-23 às 16.36.07.png
  • Casual Listener
  • For some time now I don't have the Play queue or the Messages bar.       (Mac OS X)
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please bring back AppleScript support

I was excited to see an update today for Mac (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) but unfortunately scripting support is still broken. It seems like a simple fix... the .sdef file is in the wrong place according to the Info.plist. We can't ask all of our users to dri...

• Casual Listener
  • I was excited to see an update today for Mac (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) but unfortunately scripting support is still broken. It seems like a simple fix... the .sdef file is in the wrong place according to t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Apple scripting broken in 1.0.1.988.g8f17a348

Steps to reproduce: Open AppleScript editor Paste the following: tell application "Spotify" playpause end tell Script -> Run Expected result: Spotify toggles playing Actual result: error "The variable playpause is not defined." Root cause: Scripting ...

• Steps to reproduce: Open AppleScript editor Paste the following: tell application "Spotify" playpause end tell Script -> Run Expected result: Spotify toggles playing   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 16 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 23 likes

An error occurred, please try again when I try to search for music

I tried shutting down the app and even logging out and logging back in again and it won't search. All of my music is still there but I can't search my current playlists or searh for new music. This is occurring on my iPhone 6

• Casual Listener
  • I tried shutting down the app and even logging out and logging back in again and it won't search. All of my music is still there but I can't search my current playlists or searh for new music. This i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications issues

Hello, I have an two different issues with the notifications since the last update. On the one hand, the notifications on the app doesn't finish loading, so I can´t see them. On the other hand, every time I turn off the email notifications in my prof...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have an two different issues with the notifications since the last update. On the one hand, the notifications on the app doesn't finish loading, so I can´t see them. On the other ha...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes