Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

New layout no longer allows for viewing all songs in nested folders

Hi - one feature of Spotify I used to use all the time was to nest all of my folders of genres of music ("rock","pop",etc) inside another folder called "collections", such that when you wanted to play a mix of all your recent songs across all genres,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - one feature of Spotify I used to use all the time was to nest all of my folders of genres of music ("rock","pop",etc) inside another folder called "collections", such that when you wanted to pla...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Desktop Update - Version 1.0.1

Since we can't reply to the original thread, I'll start a reply here to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/1050266Why did Spotify bother to rewrite their desktop app and make all these ...

• Roadie
  • Since we can't reply to the original thread, I'll start a reply here to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/1050266 Why did Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sort by popularity with newest update

Previously it was gorgeous & it was possible to search by popularity. Then we could do spotify:search: to allow searches this way. In the latest version (1.01) of Spotify how can we search by popularity?

• Casual Listener
  • Previously it was gorgeous & it was possible to search by popularity.   Then we could do spotify:search:<query> to allow searches this way.   In the latest version (1.01)...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

To Spotify - Solution to Your Desktop Client Problems

Stop forcing web views into desktop applications. Just stop. The architecture and whatever framework you're using is not scalable or flexible enough to deliver the speed and functionality your users expect. I know using web views allows you to cut de...

• Roadie
  • Stop forcing web views into desktop applications. Just stop. The architecture and whatever framework you're using is not scalable or flexible enough to deliver the speed and functionality your users ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find "My queue" on toolbar

Hey guys. I'm trying to find and manage my queue but can't find the option on my Mac. I've attached a picture of my sidebar, where everything online says the queue should be. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. I'm trying to find and manage my queue but can't find the option on my Mac. I've attached a picture of my sidebar, where everything online says the queue should be. Any help? 
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening On Login

Since the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd my Spotify launches on every login despite having disabled that option in the preferences. This is really annoying and slows the start up of my computer. Please resolve.

• Casual Listener
  • Since the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd my Spotify launches on every login despite having disabled that option in the preferences. This is really annoying and slows the start up of my computer. ...
  • sota24
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications doesn't load [OS X]

With the new "update" my notifications doesen't load (se picture). Am I the only one with this problem? Is it possible to fix? Also, when I go to a playlist I subscribe to that there has been added songs to, there no indications of wich songs have be...

Notification/Spotify
  • Casual Listener
  • With the new "update" my notifications doesen't load (se picture).   Am I the only one with this problem? Is it possible to fix?   Also, when I go to a playlist I subscribe to that ther...
  • Slith
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Messages/inbox section missing

No longer seeing a way to access my inbox/messages. OSX 10.10.2Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd Screenshot attached. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • No longer seeing a way to access my inbox/messages.     OSX 10.10.2 Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   Screenshot attached.   Thanks!
  • this_guy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to add local files [Mac] (UPDATED)

DescriptionI can no more see my local files under "Lokala filer". Neither can I add local files as i could before the update. Some local files are gone some are still in their playlists. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Updated spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I can no more see my local files under "Lokala filer". Neither can I add local files as i could before the update. Some local files are gone some are still in their playlists.   A...
  • upendi90
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Update - Version 1.0.1.

Hello everyone. Spotify here. I’m tempted to use a TL;DR version but there isn’t a short version to this story. So fasten your seat belts because there is a lot to cover. I'll try to answer some of the burning questions one by one. Recently we starte...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hello everyone. Spotify here.   I’m tempted to use a TL;DR version but there isn’t a short version to this story. So fasten your seat belts because there is a lot to cover. I'll try to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes

Playlist not showing what songs are in it and can not play it [Mac]

DescriptionAfter i updated (restarted as it said) spotify yesterday one of my playlist could not show all the tracks in it (still working on ipad and iphone) but i could copy the playlist link and play it on web spotify...Link to playlist: https://op...

• Casual Listener
  • Description After i updated (restarted as it said) spotify yesterday one of my playlist could not show all the tracks in it (still working on ipad and iphone) but i could copy the playlist link and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

help stop adverts and preferential playlists.

i pay for premium but spotiofy is still spamming me wiht "recoomended" lists, how can I stop advertisements ? And, how can i stop the preferential playing of live or "spotify live sessions" ?

• Regular
  • i pay for premium but spotiofy is still spamming me wiht "recoomended" lists, how can I stop advertisements ? And, how can i stop the preferential playing of live or "spotify live sessions" ? 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Apps

Hey all, Quick question: Do spotify apps (like Last.fm) still work on desktop?

• Hey all,    Quick question: Do spotify apps (like Last.fm) still work on desktop?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio

***EDIT***Randomly started working, no idea what happened. Delete if you wish, I have no idea how.DescriptionJust installed on my iMac, logged in, pressed play, no audio. Tried onboard speakers, headphones, bluetooth headphones, natta. A more detaile...

• ***EDIT*** Randomly started working, no idea what happened. Delete if you wish, I have no idea how. Description Just installed on my iMac, logged in, pressed play, no audio. Tried onboar...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Downgraded by New Desktop App

The newest version of Spotify for Mac requires that you log in every time you open it. The main reason I pay for Spotify Premium is so that I have the ability to listen to music offline. If I have to connect with Facebook to log in to Spotify, this P...

• The newest version of Spotify for Mac requires that you log in every time you open it. The main reason I pay for Spotify Premium is so that I have the ability to listen to music offline. If I ha...
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search through list with keyboard

Since the new update, it removed the feature of being able to search through long playlists using the keyboard. When a choose a specific sorting, I used to be able to type the first few letters of a song/band/album, and Spotify would automagically se...

• Visitor
  • Since the new update, it removed the feature of being able to search through long playlists using the keyboard. When a choose a specific sorting, I used to be able to type the first few letters of a ...
  • ben12
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify auto update on Mac/auto startup at login

Is there any way to stop the auto update of Spotify on the Mac? The newest update (1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd) does not allow me to determine were the cache files are stored which is important since I have an SSD and prefer storing cache files in an extern...

• Is there any way to stop the auto update of Spotify on the Mac?  The newest update (1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd) does not allow me to determine were the cache files are stored which is important since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stutters and stops playing

I'm using the destop app 1.0.1.1060 on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.10.2 When I'm starting a song it plays for exactly one second and then stops. After a while it resumes but stops periodically while playing.I'm listening in high-def.It's not the intern...

• I'm using the destop app 1.0.1.1060 on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.10.2   When I'm starting a song it plays for exactly one second and then stops. After a while it resumes but stops periodically...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I click a song in a list, and spotify starts the next one (Mac desktop)

Hello, now i click a song in my spotify desktop for Mac (iMac) and instead of starting this song, it starts the next one in the list. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the problem is still here. Any info please?

• Regular
  • Hello, now i click a song in my spotify desktop for Mac (iMac) and instead of starting this song, it starts the next one in the list. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the problem is still...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes