Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Update change reasoning?

From a user perspective, what does Spotify have to gain by restricting the customizability of their software? - Can't adjust column width anymore. Why not? What does Spotify gain by prohibiting this?- No in-playlist search (although this might be com...

• Casual Listener
  • From a user perspective, what does Spotify have to gain by restricting the customizability of their software?   - Can't adjust column width anymore. Why not? What does Spotify gain by prohibit...
  • Keidanren
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downgrade to Previous Version??

How can I downgrade to the previos version? The new version sucks! I can't filter and my local music files aren't loading.

• Visitor
  • How can I downgrade to the previos version? The new version sucks! I can't filter and my local music files aren't loading. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

This is not a serious issue, more like a bit annoying. If using facebook account, it means I need to use internet connection to login to spotify. Which it will stop me on login page.Usually I use facebook to log in, so when i bring my laptop out of m...

• Casual Listener
  • This is not a serious issue, more like a bit annoying.    If using facebook account, it means I need to use internet connection to login to spotify. Which it will stop me on login pa...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

new update doesn't open with mac osx 10.6.8?

Since the update a few days ago, Spotiffy doesn't open showing a message to contact developers as it is no longer compatible with the system? Really?.....Macbook pro mac osx 10.6.8.

• Since the update a few days ago, Spotiffy doesn't open showing a message to contact developers as it is no longer compatible with the system? Really?..... Macbook pro mac osx 10.6.8.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please Help - Dragging Songs from offline folders to Spotify Playlists

Hi Guys, Been with Spotify for around 3 years now, love the service. However there seems to have been a recent update that is no longer letting me drag offline files to a playlist in spotify. As I'm a DJ, i have many edits of songs that spotify doesn...

• Hi Guys,    Been with Spotify for around 3 years now, love the service.   However there seems to have been a recent update that is no longer letting me drag offline files to a play...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlist "empty"

Hello, Having a problem with a spotify playlist showing as empty after the update. Works fine on my mobile phone (Iphone 6)I'm on the mac desktop app and same problem in the web app. First time after update I still had the songs in the que and could ...

• Hello,   Having a problem with a spotify playlist showing as empty after the update. Works fine on my mobile phone (Iphone 6) I'm on the mac desktop app and same problem in the web app. First...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

incorrect 'date added' for songs in playlists

This initially occured before i just updated to the latest version (1.0.2.6....). I changed the date/time of my Mac in the system prefs for only a minute or so and then switched it back to "set date & time automatically" but every track i added to my...

• Composer
  • This initially occured before i just updated to the latest version (1.0.2.6....).  I changed the date/time of my Mac in the system prefs for only a minute or so and then switched it back to "set...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't command + F filter? Why not?

When searching for an answer to my problem I saw this question asked before however those threads were all old. I thought it'd be best to ask again now. Today when I try to filter my playlists the command + f search doesnt bring up the search bar, wh...

• Casual Listener
  • When searching for an answer to my problem I saw this question asked before however those threads were all old.  I thought it'd be best to ask again now.  Today when I try to filter my play...
  • ajdidonato
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search in playlist

Hi guys,in the new latest version of spotify (1.0.2) we can deleted the search in playlist (cmd+f). Why? It was a very useful feature! or I used it just me? (sorry for my bad english

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, in the new latest version of spotify (1.0.2) we can deleted the search in playlist (cmd+f). Why? 😞   It was a very useful feature!   or I used it just me?   (sorr...
  • hackatwork
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't auto-upgrade if functionality is dropped

Hi guys, I just realized that I can't filter playlists in the new version. I come to this forum in search of a fix, and realize it's not a bug. The feature is simply left out in this version. If you're gonna drop core functionality between versions, ...

• Regular
  • Hi guys,   I just realized that I can't filter playlists in the new version. I come to this forum in search of a fix, and realize it's not a bug. The feature is simply left out in this version...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish

After the recent desktop and iOS apps releases, I've decided to try alternative streaming services. I have been a premium user for several years but, IMO, last "upgrades", specially the awful desktop app, are actually downgrades. It's enough! I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • After the recent desktop and iOS apps releases, I've decided to try alternative streaming services. I have been a premium user for several years but, IMO, last "upgrades", specially the awful desktop...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac desktop app unable to play songs after manually picking a few tracks?

I've found that, as of the latest update, I can no longer pick more than a few songs manually (i.e. by double clicking on them) before Spotify refuses to load more tracks. Allowing playlists to play through without intervention works fine though. If ...

• Regular
  • I've found that, as of the latest update, I can no longer pick more than a few songs manually (i.e. by double clicking on them) before Spotify refuses to load more tracks. Allowing playlists to play ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play queue, song rating missing

version: 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd Hi, I am using this version which just updated few days ago. I realise in the play queue for all the songs' rating are missing. I do not want to downgrade to any previous version. Can anyone justtify why there are missin...

• Casual Listener
  • version: 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   Hi,   I am using this version which just updated few days ago.   I realise in the play queue for all the songs' rating are missing.   I do ...
  • chacejunn
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification Bugs

Hello, 1) It shows 1 unread notification, click to read it but badge number is still 1. Screen capture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxl-JpVsJY 2) Some notifications are duplicated. Screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/URBstX6f6x 3) Similar pr...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   1) It shows 1 unread notification, click to read it but badge number is still 1.   Screen capture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxl-JpVsJY   2) Some notificatio...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays wrong song on computer, works fine on phone

Using spotify on my mac and on my sony xperia. Works fine on the phone, but on computer it always plays wrong songs. They're also always the same wrong songs, kinda like the songs and names would be mixed on my playlist. Tried installing again and it...

• Using spotify on my mac and on my sony xperia. Works fine on the phone, but on computer it always plays wrong songs. They're also always the same wrong songs, kinda like the songs and names would be ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Announcements

I have the premium version and still get announcements when I open up Spotify. I know its not considered an ad, but Its still promotional material. But worse still, its music I will never want to listen to and never have. At least if it was based on ...

• I have the premium version and still get announcements when I open up Spotify. I know its not considered an ad, but Its still promotional material.  But worse still, its music I will never want ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving notification of new music by the artists I am following.

For several months now, I have not been receiving notifications when an artist I follow releases a new song. Also, now with the new Spotify update, I don't see a number on the side of a playlist, which make it impossible for me to know when people up...

• Casual Listener
  • For several months now, I have not been receiving notifications when an artist I follow releases a new song. Also, now with the new Spotify update, I don't see a number on the side of a playlist, whi...
  • cool_dave
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

MusiXmatch is not working [Desktop-Mac]

After an update a while ago, I can't see any apps on the list section on the left side. I've tried install/open musiXmatch for spotify from the website but the page says "There was a problem displaying this view!". Help me please.

• After an update a while ago, I can't see any apps on the list section on the left side. I've tried install/open musiXmatch for spotify from the website but the page says "There was a problem dis...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can no longer order by 'date added'

Since the new update I can no longer figure out how to sort by date added in playlists which is a pretty big issue for me. Does anyone know how to do this?

• Casual Listener
  • Since the new update I can no longer figure out how to sort by date added in playlists which is a pretty big issue for me.   Does anyone know how to do this?
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes