Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Desktop Application on Mac doesn't display any album artwork

Hi All, I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac and havent been able to see any album artwork or friends' profile pictures for some time now. All other aspects of the application work fine but much of the shine of the application is lost without the album a...

• Hi All,    I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac and havent been able to see any album artwork or friends' profile pictures for some time now. All other aspects of the application work fine bu...
  • KeithJoWalsh
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bring back Date Added in Local Files

We used to be able to sort the local files by date added now that's even gone... And with the ctrl/cmd+f find filter gone from all the views, it's very difficult to find a song. Basically have to sort alphabetically and look for it — which doens't wo...

• Music Fan
  • We used to be able to sort the local files by date added now that's even gone... And with the ctrl/cmd+f find filter gone from all the views, it's very difficult to find a song. Basically have to sor...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrolling broken when reordering song queue.

Ever since the recent update that moved the queue button from the side bar to the bottom, scrolling while reordering your play queue has stopped working. I sometimes want to move the last-added song in the queue to the top so I can hear it next, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the recent update that moved the queue button from the side bar to the bottom, scrolling while reordering your play queue has stopped working.  I sometimes want to move the last-added...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My "Play Queue" and "Messages" disappeared

For some time now I don't have the Play queue or the Messages bar. (Mac OS X)

Captura de Tela 2015-03-23 às 16.36.07.png
  • Casual Listener
  • For some time now I don't have the Play queue or the Messages bar.       (Mac OS X)
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please bring back AppleScript support

I was excited to see an update today for Mac (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) but unfortunately scripting support is still broken. It seems like a simple fix... the .sdef file is in the wrong place according to the Info.plist. We can't ask all of our users to dri...

• Casual Listener
  • I was excited to see an update today for Mac (1.0.2.6.g9977a14b) but unfortunately scripting support is still broken. It seems like a simple fix... the .sdef file is in the wrong place according to t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Apple scripting broken in 1.0.1.988.g8f17a348

Steps to reproduce: Open AppleScript editor Paste the following: tell application "Spotify" playpause end tell Script -> Run Expected result: Spotify toggles playing Actual result: error "The variable playpause is not defined." Root cause: Scripting ...

• Steps to reproduce: Open AppleScript editor Paste the following: tell application "Spotify" playpause end tell Script -> Run Expected result: Spotify toggles playing   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 16 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 23 likes

An error occurred, please try again when I try to search for music

I tried shutting down the app and even logging out and logging back in again and it won't search. All of my music is still there but I can't search my current playlists or searh for new music. This is occurring on my iPhone 6

• Casual Listener
  • I tried shutting down the app and even logging out and logging back in again and it won't search. All of my music is still there but I can't search my current playlists or searh for new music. This i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications issues

Hello, I have an two different issues with the notifications since the last update. On the one hand, the notifications on the app doesn't finish loading, so I can´t see them. On the other hand, every time I turn off the email notifications in my prof...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have an two different issues with the notifications since the last update. On the one hand, the notifications on the app doesn't finish loading, so I can´t see them. On the other ha...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recovering all songs accidentally deleted from 1500 song playlist

Somehow I deleted every song inside a 1500 song playlist. Is there any way to recover the songs? Maybe a history of playlists stored somewhere in memory on my desktop? The playlist itself was not deleted so this doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • Somehow I deleted every song inside a 1500 song playlist. Is there any way to recover the songs? Maybe a history of playlists stored somewhere in memory on my desktop? The playlist itself was not del...
  • wmandrews
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Macbook Pro (dedicated graphik chip)

why is spotify using the dedicated graphik chip on my macbook pro? i think it won't need that. please change it, so that it uses the integrated chip and uses less power

• why is spotify using the dedicated graphik chip on my macbook pro? i think it won't need that. please change it, so that it uses the integrated chip and uses less power
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Beta desktop client showing commercials for premium account

DescriptionThe desktop beta is displaying the bottom commercial even though I'm logged in as premium user. A more detailed description, using numbered stepsThe ads are there in every window (queue, browsing lists and so on). What I expected to happen...

• Description The desktop beta is displaying the bottom commercial even though I'm logged in as premium user.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps The ads are there in every win...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug with latest Mac client in fullscreen mode

I'm running version 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b. The bug:1. Launch Spotify2. Switch to fullscreen mode3. Scroll down in any of the views (Browse or Activity or your Playlists, whatever)4. Switch to another application (command+tab for example)5. Switch back to...

• Composer
  • I'm running version 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b.   The bug: 1. Launch Spotify 2. Switch to fullscreen mode 3. Scroll down in any of the views (Browse or Activity or your Playlists, whatever) 4....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist sorting is not working

So in all my playlists, I have artists with multiple albums with multiple songs. And when I sort my playlist by artist, it will sort by artist, but all the albums for that artist will be out of order. I never had a problem with this until the new upd...

Albums out of order
  • So in all my playlists, I have artists with multiple albums with multiple songs. And when I sort my playlist by artist, it will sort by artist, but all the albums for that artist will be out of order...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Album Art Displaying

When I select any song to play (X, Y, Z) -- album artwork and the song title from the same song (A) keeps displaying. If I'm playing from a playlist, this makes it impossible to know which song is actually playing. This doesn't happen if a song gets ...

•   When I select any song to play (X, Y, Z) -- album artwork and the song title from the same song (A) keeps displaying. If I'm playing from a playlist, this makes it impossible to know which so...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song takes a while to start and pauses mid song as if it's buffering

Recently I've noticed that with all my devices sometimes Spotify will take like 10 seconds to start a song after I double click one and even after it starts it will only play for about 15 seconds before it stops - almost as if it were taking time to ...

• Recently I've noticed that with all my devices sometimes Spotify will take like 10 seconds to start a song after I double click one and even after it starts it will only play for about 15 seconds bef...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Choose as Current Playlist" Features Missing in Mac?

Has the function "Choose as Current Playlist" disapppeared in the latest update? Could someone assist with this? I play music on large photo shoots as well as just at home and the inability to use either of this is really frustration. Thanks.John

• Has the function "Choose as Current Playlist" disapppeared in the latest update?   Could someone assist with this? I play music on large photo shoots as well as just at home and the inabi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Drag and drop

Since the "upgrade" when I want to drag a song into one of my playlists it often won't do it. I have to close Spotify then open it again for it to do it, but then it only works again for a couple of minutes and then the problem starts again. Before t...

• Since the "upgrade" when I want to drag a song into one of my playlists it often won't do it. I have to close Spotify then open it again for it to do it, but then it only works again for a couple of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sortierung der Playlisten

Hallo zusammen ich versuche krampfhaft, meine Playlisten nach dem Alphabet zu sortieren. Nicht falsch verstehen, ich versuche nicht, die Titel in einer Playliste zu sortieren. Kann mir jemand helfen? Gruzz

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo zusammen   ich versuche krampfhaft, meine Playlisten nach dem Alphabet zu sortieren. Nicht falsch verstehen, ich versuche nicht, die Titel in einer Playliste zu sortieren.   Kann ...
  • Touchdown1978
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed updating to friend feed

Hello, Hopefully someone can help. I have an older version of Spotify installed (0.9.11.27) and have it set up so it does not auto update. Thanks to those who have posted how to do this! However, while my Spotify no longer auto updates, on the rare o...

• Visitor
  • Hello,  Hopefully someone can help. I have an older version of Spotify installed (0.9.11.27) and have it set up so it does not auto update. Thanks to those who have posted how to do this! Howev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happened to Edit Info option?

What happened to the Edit Info option? Deleted as of the latest update? Why?

• Casual Listener
  • What happened to the Edit Info option? Deleted as of the latest update? Why?
  • spotifyuserpers
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes