Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Latest Mac build is broken

I updated Spotify on my Mac today (10.9) and it now refuses to open. I've tried deleting it and installing again, downloading from the website, but the problem persists. If you're gonna do daily releases, I recommend testing them first. It is unaccep...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated Spotify on my Mac today (10.9) and it now refuses to open. I've tried deleting it and installing again, downloading from the website, but the problem persists.   If you're gonna do d...
  • pedrospdc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

An error occurred please try searching again on OS X, iOS and play webpage

Hi, I would like to know why I keep getting this message "An error occurred please try searching again" (on a daily basis) on all of my devices; and still no Notification/apologies from the Spotify team yet... letting me know that this service is not...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I would like to know why I keep getting this message "An error occurred please try searching again" (on a daily basis) on all of my devices; and still no Notification/apologies&nbsp...
  • ala
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist Customization

Why in Spotify version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd I can't customize anymore my playlists (with custom picture and a description)?

• Casual Listener
  • Why in Spotify version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd I can't customize anymore my playlists (with custom picture and a description)?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song playing appears on FACEBOOK but not in SPOTIFY activity feed

Since the "update" the main person I follow on Spotify no longer shows ANY activity in my feed (none) yet every song he listens to appears on his Facebook page. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't understand how Spotify can send a direct active...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the "update" the main person I follow on Spotify no longer shows ANY activity in my feed (none) yet every song he listens to appears on his Facebook page. Has this happened to anyone else? I do...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discounts for Students

I have a premium subscription but I want to switch to student. However, when I click the Get Premium button on the student site it doesnt prompt me to put in my information about my university. Is this a spotify error? How can I get the discount?

• I have a premium subscription but I want to switch to student. However, when I click the Get Premium button on the student site it doesnt prompt me to put in my information about my university. Is th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All saved music gone

I logged on to my Mac today to find all my saved music just completely gone. I've been a premium subscriber for a couple months and never had any issues like this. My last payment went through about 10 days ago, and I've listened every day since then...

• I logged on to my Mac today to find all my saved music just completely gone. I've been a premium subscriber for a couple months and never had any issues like this. My last payment went through about ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Right-click option to create playlists missing from sub-folders

Previously, I could right click an album (or use the 3 dots) to create a new playlist inside a folder. That option is missing now and I can only create a new playlist in the main area and then drag it into the folder or subfolder.

• Roadie
  • Previously, I could right click an album (or use the 3 dots) to create a new playlist inside a folder. That option is missing now and I can only create a new playlist in the main area and then drag i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unknown songs when playlist finishes

Hey, Various times now I've found Spotify on Mac has randomly started playing tracks which I don't recognise. It's made doubly irritating because when I go to the Play Queue there seems to be no way in the current version of working out what playlist...

• Regular
  • Hey,   Various times now I've found Spotify on Mac has randomly started playing tracks which I don't recognise. It's made doubly irritating because  when I go to the Play Queue there seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my playlists have disappeared

All of my playlists have disappeared. I logged out. Rebooted. Logged back in. Gone. A year's worth of curating music. Gone. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • All of my playlists have disappeared. I logged out. Rebooted. Logged back in. Gone. A year's worth of curating music. Gone. Please help.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Color me confused!!!

Spotify has now become a shell of its former self. I have no way to navigate the depths of the music Id like access to. My favorite app is now gone, Pitchfork. The Discover area absolutely sucks. I pay $10 a montha nd this app has become the Nazi reg...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has now become a shell of its former self. I have no way to navigate the depths of the music Id like access to. My favorite app is now gone, Pitchfork. The Discover area absolutely sucks. I p...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! DEVICE SYNC OPTION IN NEW SPOTIFY

Hi guys, with new release Spotify hides many features, such as Filter, becoming the app soo terrible. Another hidden option is DEVICE SYNC for premium users, have you found it??

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   with new release Spotify hides many features, such as Filter, becoming the app soo terrible. Another hidden option is DEVICE SYNC for premium users,  have you found i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bring back my "new tracks" count next to each playlist I subscribe to

Spotify used to show me an icon next to each playlist when new songs had been added. E.g. if 3 new songs had been added to a plyalist I subscribed to the number "3" would apprear... this nolonger happens. Without apps and this flag I find music disco...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify used to show me an icon next to each playlist when new songs had been added. E.g. if 3 new songs had been added to a plyalist I subscribed to the number "3" would apprear... this nolonger hap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Drag and drop tracks from computer no longer works

With the latest version of spotify, I can no longer drag and drop tracks from my desktop (or other folders) into a spotify playlist. In addition to using spotify for finding new music, and creating playlists with songs int heir database, I also use i...

• With the latest version of spotify, I can no longer drag and drop tracks from my desktop (or other folders) into a spotify playlist.    In addition to using spotify for finding new music,...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to follow a friends 'Songs' Playlist

It must have been a year since the 'Songs' system, or as it was described in one thread, "Starred 2.0" came out, and yet, unless I am mistaken, it still isn't doing the one thing which made the starred system so valuable to me. Please tell me there i...

• Casual Listener
  • It must have been a year since the 'Songs' system, or as it was described in one thread, "Starred 2.0" came out, and yet, unless I am mistaken, it still isn't doing the one thing which made the starr...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot log into Spotify using facebook

I cannot log into Spotify using facebook. When I try it opens the Spotify login page and then the page fails. When I try to log in using my email I get this response. Its been like this since I updated spotify last week.

• I cannot log into Spotify using facebook. When I try it opens the Spotify login page and then the page fails. When I try to log in using my email I get this response. Its been like this since I updat...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Dumping Spotify after 3 years

Can't deal with the issues any more. I've just cancelled my subscription and signed up with Deezer. I will not support your company if you don't support your paying customers. Bye Bye

• Regular
  • Can't deal with the issues any more. I've just cancelled my subscription and signed up with Deezer. I will not support your company if you don't support your paying customers. Bye Bye  
  • Skiametric
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify 1.0.1.1060 - Shuffle songs/mode will not turn off

Whenever I use my keyboard to advance songs, or even double clicking a song I want to play, on any album, any playlist, Shuffle mode automatically turns on. Even clicking to turn it off again and selecting a new song, Shuffle turns on yet again. This...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I use my keyboard to advance songs, or even double clicking a song I want to play, on any album, any playlist, Shuffle mode automatically turns on. Even clicking to turn it off again and sel...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my songs are gone

I added a couple new songs today but I had well over a hindered and they are all gone except for the one from this morning??? Any ideas? Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • I added a couple new songs today but I had well over a hindered and they are all gone except for the one from this morning??? Any ideas? Thank you
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No import playlist option

I am trying to import playlists from itunes, but under file I do not have that option. I tried re installing my mac application and it stayed the same. What else can I do? Thanks

• I am trying to import playlists from itunes, but under file I do not have that option. I tried re installing my mac application and it stayed the same. What else can I do?  Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the last update is horrible ! so slow !

the app takes a very long time to load and display the activity sidebar and the home screen. I have to wait about 3 minutes to be able to make a search !PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS AND BANDWIDTH !

• Music Fan
  • the app takes a very long time to load and display the activity sidebar and the home screen. I have to wait about 3 minutes to be able to make a search ! PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS AND BANDWIDTH !
  • boutitbenza_699
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes