Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

What happened to the ability to search for songs within playlists?

I updated to 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd and noticed that I can no longer search within playlists. Prior to updating, I was able to do this using CMD+F. What happened to this feature? Will it be coming back? I manage lots of large playlists and it's become ...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated to 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd and noticed that I can no longer search within playlists. Prior to updating, I was able to do this using CMD+F.   What happened to this feature? Wil...
  • lashl001
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Right-click and choose play is gone?

Will this be coming back? I can no longer right-click on a playlist and choose Play. That seems like it should (still) be the top function on that menu! I'm running Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd on Mac OS X 10.10.2 (14C109)

• Roadie
  • Will this be coming back? I can no longer right-click on a playlist and choose Play. That seems like it should (still) be the top function on that menu!   I'm running Spotify 1.0.1.1060...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify audio stops after each album / playlist / ... ?

Hi, Connected a Mac running Yosemity to a pair of bluetooth speakers (Harman Kardon Onyx Studio).Sound quality is fantastic but is somehow impossible to listen to more than one playlist. When the list is finished, all audio stops and it is impossible...

• Hi,   Connected a Mac running Yosemity to a pair of bluetooth speakers (Harman Kardon Onyx Studio). Sound quality is fantastic but is somehow impossible to listen to more than one playlist.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs. Bugs Everywhere

Since the desktop client before this current update, I've been getting frequent error popups warning of uncaught exceptions. They occur in a variety of circumstances, whether searching spotify, opening notifications, navigating, or doing any nubmer o...

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 12.20.06.png
  • Regular
  • Since the desktop client before this current update, I've been getting frequent error popups warning of uncaught exceptions. They occur in a variety of circumstances, whether searching spotify, openi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity feed/stream suggestions after latest version (1.0.1.1060)

I have a couple of issue with the new activity feed: 1) Most of the time, you can't even see the artist name that people are listening to. This is mostly due to the fact that it is pushed off the screen when the song title is more than a couple of wo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a couple of issue with the new activity feed:   1) Most of the time, you can't even see the artist name that people are listening to. This is mostly due to the fact that it is push...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cannot figure out how to create personale playlist from en Spotify generate Playlist?

Hi.. Can anyone help me with help on how it get a Spotify created playlist like this one: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/4bWgWsz9p9eZVtpIvBgbsj converted to a personal playlist which I can edit - like adding numbers or deleting number...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi..   Can anyone help me with help on how it get a Spotify created playlist like this one:    https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/4bWgWsz9p9eZVtpIvBgbsj    ...
  • pabst
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac][1.0.1.1060] Spotify won't allow https proxy without authentication info.

0.9.x doesn't have this issue... Now proxy username and password are required by 1.0.1, which practically makes the proxy useless.

• Casual Listener
  • 0.9.x doesn't have this issue...   Now proxy username and password are required by 1.0.1, which practically makes the proxy useless.    
  • ade_se
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Quitting on my MAc

I currently have the newest update on my MAC and for some reason my spotify keeps quitting any time I press a key on the keyboard (whether it be a space or a letter) it keeps quitting. I have looked up everything and tried everything. I have reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • I currently have the newest update on my MAC and for some reason my spotify keeps quitting any time I press a key on the keyboard (whether it be a space or a letter) it keeps quitting. I have looked ...
  • anonymityincity
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I miss seeing the number of new songs added to a playlist :-(

Hi Spotify, I used to love looking at the little counter to the right of a playlist title (in the left hand nav) and being able to see if and how many new songs were added to a playlist. Please bring this back! Pretty please x

• Hi Spotify,    I used to love looking at the little counter to the right of a playlist title (in the left hand nav) and being able to see if and how many new songs were added to a ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify:trackset:Playlist uri no longer works in desktop app!

I sadly just updated my desktop app to find that the uri spotify:trackset:Playlist no longer works. I have created my own playlist generator for spotify that I use all the time and is publically accessible! It uses the echo nest database to generate ...

• Casual Listener
  • I sadly just updated my desktop app to find that the uri spotify:trackset:Playlist no longer works. I have created my own playlist generator for spotify that I use all the time and is publically a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MORE issues with 1.0.1

1. Local files load just fine, but cannot scroll through them. BUG. 2. When I drag files, both local and not to a playlist, I cannot then add more files to that playlist! BUG. I have to restart Spotify anytime I want to add a song to a playlist after...

• Gig Goer
  • 1. Local files load just fine, but cannot scroll through them. BUG. 2. When I drag files, both local and not to a playlist, I cannot then add more files to that playlist! BUG. I have to re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug - quickly switching areas shows old area

Basically: 1) Starting out from "Browse", click on "Radio" 2) before Radio loads, click back on "Browse" 3) A moment after Browse loads, the main content will be replaced by Radio. This works when switching between essentially any left-menu-thing are...

• Basically: 1) Starting out from "Browse", click on "Radio" 2) before Radio loads, click back on "Browse" 3) A moment after Browse loads, the main content will be replaced by Radio.   T...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when I try to use "browse" function

So when I click on "browse", it will show me the selection of genres etc... but anytime I click on "blues" or "classical" or "pop", the app will just close itself, stop playing my music and make me restart it. What's going on? So annoying as it means...

• So when I click on "browse", it will show me the selection of genres etc... but anytime I click on "blues" or "classical" or "pop", the app will just close itself, stop playing my music and make me r...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to report wrong track list?

I don't know why I know this but "In The Zone" by Britney Spears has Breathe on Me feat. the Ying Yang Twins when it does not feature them. They are featured on another song on the album (I Got That) Boom Boom. It's not the first time I have seen ina...

• I don't know why I know this but "In The Zone" by Britney Spears has Breathe on Me feat. the Ying Yang Twins when it does not feature them. They are featured on another song on the album (I Got That)...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[1.0.1.1060] - Doesn't remove queue on upon exit...

I have no clue what is going on with the development of Spotify but I'm finding it to be more ANNOYING then updating with new features, etc! So no matter what I do whether it is to listen to the: Radio, Playlist, or one of the Top Hits, etc! I can't ...

• Roadie
  • I have no clue what is going on with the development of Spotify but I'm finding it to be more ANNOYING then updating with new features, etc!   So no matter what I do whether it is to listen ...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac OS X Yosemite - Wrong songs playing

Hi! I have Mac OX X Yosemite. With the new update, when I click a song in a playlist, it plays the song that is 10-15 items above it. Restarted spotify, same problem. Please fix! How did this go unnoticed before launching it?

• Hi! I have Mac OX X Yosemite. With the new update, when I click a song in a playlist, it plays the song that is 10-15 items above it. Restarted spotify, same problem. Please fix! How did this go un...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Horrible lag issue with new update

Hi all, today Spotify has updated itself on my MacBook Pro to version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd, and I don't know why, but i'm having massive lag between songs, I mean, delays about 5 or 10 seconds long. Any fix on this? It's REALLY annoying. I'm a premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   today Spotify has updated itself on my MacBook Pro to version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd, and I don't know why, but i'm having massive lag between songs, I mean, delays ab...
  • Max_RF
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to view your top tracks?

Before the recent update, I was able to see my most played/top tracks...how do you view this list (it consisted of approximately 20 tracks and it changed according to which songs I played the most)? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Before the recent update, I was able to see my most played/top tracks...how do you view this list (it consisted of approximately 20 tracks and it changed according to which songs I played the most)? ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue automatically shuffles song order

When I queue more than one song from any album or playlist (using the newest update for Spotify on my MacBook), the songs refuse to appear in the original order in which they were placed in the playlist. To keep this order rather than allowing the ap...

• When I queue more than one song from any album or playlist (using the newest update for Spotify on my MacBook), the songs refuse to appear in the original order in which they were placed in the playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes