Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

dragging songs to play queue: unintended album shuffle

i'm using spotify 0.9.15.27 on a mac running yosemite. used to drag n drop songs from album to play queue, no problem. the intended order of songs on the album was added to the play queue and played that way. now when i drag n drop, the order of the ...

• i'm using spotify 0.9.15.27 on a mac running yosemite.   used to drag n drop songs from album to play queue, no problem. the intended order of songs on the album was added to the play queu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn Notification badge

Every time there is a new notificaton in the Spotifiy app for OS X, you'll have a red bagde in the app icon. This red badge wont disappear until you click on the small bell icon in the right corner. Since there is no integration of the Spotify app in...

Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-28 um 11.03.24.JPG Bildschirmfoto_2015-02-28_um_11_03_24.png
  • Music Fan
  • Every time there is a new notificaton in the Spotifiy app for OS X, you'll have a red bagde in the app icon.   This red badge wont disappear until you click on the small bell icon ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song stops randomly and changes on computer/ipad due to phone app

This has been happening to me a lot lately, mostly at random, but it happens when i am listening to music from my computer/ipad, and when i am loggged in to my account on my android phone. There seems to be some connectivity problem with the app tryi...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been happening to me a lot lately, mostly at random, but it happens when i am listening to music from my computer/ipad, and when i am loggged in to my account on my android phone. There seem...
  • iBurnin
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Folders on Desktop

If I had a folder called Hip-Hop, and I had two playlists within that folder (let's called them 80s and 90s respectively) - I used to be able to play/shuffle both playlists at the same time. Now when I click on the parent folder (Hip-Hop), the combin...

• Casual Listener
  • If I had a folder called Hip-Hop, and I had two playlists within that folder (let's called them 80s and 90s respectively) - I used to be able to play/shuffle both playlists at the same time.  No...
  • bigskwatch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback stops when scrolling down artist’s page.

Playback stops when scrolling down through an artist’s page. Problem does not occur when scrolling up through an artist’s page. Same symptoms as described here on a Unix client: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/bd-p/001 Sys...

• Regular
  • Playback stops when scrolling down through an artist’s page. Problem does not occur when scrolling up through an artist’s page.   Same symptoms as described here on a Unix client: htt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

itunes songs imported but itunes playlist import has empty playlists

Hi, there seem to be reports of similar problems (like the spotify import itunes playlist option being grayed out) but those one seems unsolved: Mac OS, Spotify app Spotify-preferences select source itunes -> spotify finds all my itunes music spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, there seem to be reports of similar problems (like the spotify import itunes playlist option being grayed out) but those one seems unsolved: Mac OS, Spotify app Spotify-preferences select sou...
  • ryhowell
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Mac Issue

Hi, while the option "logging off after __ minutes of inactivity" is enabled (systempreferences -> safety -> unlock the padlock -> further options) and you're listening to spotify, there occurs a problem which forces the pc to reboot. The pc is runni...

• Regular
  • Hi,   while the option "logging off after __ minutes of inactivity" is enabled  (systempreferences -> safety -> unlock the padlock -> further options)   and you're l...
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Playlist Art Not Saving

My appoligies if this has already been reported, I couldn't find anything on Google or Spotify Help. Currently when uploading cover art, it uploads fine and displays correctly but upon leaving and returning to the playlist the custom artwork is gone ...

• Casual Listener
  • My appoligies if this has already been reported, I couldn't find anything on Google or Spotify Help.    Currently when uploading cover art, it uploads fine and displays correctly but up...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't unfollow artists

When I click "unfollow" an artist nothing happens, I'm still following them. I'm on a mac, premium / family account.

• When I click "unfollow" an artist nothing happens, I'm still following them. I'm on a mac, premium / family account.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mac Desktop v.9.15.27 not responding

Spotify on my Mac does not respond to Search, Browse, Radio. Searching will prompt with a list of possible results, but when a result is clicked, nothing displays. I tried downloading/installing a fresh Spotify app, created and logged in with a new p...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify on my Mac does not respond to Search, Browse, Radio. Searching will prompt with a list of possible results, but when a result is clicked, nothing displays.   I tried downlo...
  • djmtype
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nameless Playlist Under Devices Menu OSX Client

There seems to be a nameless playlist that I can not alter or delete! Under my device tab, there seems to be a playlist that contains songs that neither show up under my playlists on my computer or my android device. I have restored my phone to facto...

• Visitor
  • There seems to be a nameless playlist that I can not alter or delete! Under my device tab, there seems to be a playlist that contains songs that neither show up under my playlists on my computer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stop working on MAC OS X yosemite

Since i have my mac os x updated to the latest version, spotify simply doesn't work anymore. It's always seems to open and then shut's down directelly I tryed more than once to re install.. but always get to the same behavior. Some one can help me? t...

• Casual Listener
  • Since i have my mac os x updated to the latest version, spotify simply doesn't work anymore. It's always seems to open and then shut's down directelly I tryed more than once to re install.. but alw...
  • timfink62
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Search functions in OS X app Options

I'm not sure whether it's just the app itself lacking functions that I would expect, my not-understanding of it or a deliberate choice, but I'm having a lot of trouble searching for things in the app, especially other users and their playlists. The o...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure whether it's just the app itself lacking functions that I would expect, my not-understanding of it or a deliberate choice, but I'm having a lot of trouble searching for things in the app...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

weird loop

my premium account is obsessed with bill evans. after only one song of any album or artist or playlist i’ve requested, the next song is by evans. i have to stop the song and return to my album. then the next song is evans. over and over. any ideas? b...

• my premium account is obsessed with bill evans.   after only one song of any album or artist or playlist i’ve  requested, the next song is by evans. i have to stop the song and return t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to import playlists from iTunes on Mac OS Yosemite and iTunes 12

I am using latest Mac OS 10.10 Yousemite and latest iTunes 12. I have installed Spotify desktop client 0.9.11.26.g2b1a638c When I click File > Import Playlists > iTunes I can see that all playlists are imported. But if I click any I can see that they...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using latest Mac OS 10.10 Yousemite and latest iTunes 12. I have installed Spotify desktop client 0.9.11.26.g2b1a638c   When I click File > Import Playlists > iTunes  I c...
  • mchiareli
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify installation failure Mac OS X Yosemite

I have a MBA with OS X Yosemite. Beginning yesterday, Spotify (which I have had for years with a premium account) stopped connecting to the internet, although I did have a wireless connection and my browser was working fine. Based on the Spotify help...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a MBA with OS X Yosemite. Beginning yesterday, Spotify (which I have had for years with a premium account) stopped connecting to the internet, although I did have a wireless connection and my ...
  • afh
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

MAC: No "Spotify" folder in Application Support

I am trying to stop Spotify from autoupdating since the only client working at the moment is an older one (see my other post). However, all the solutions people come up with to stop the auto-update involve some work in the "Spotify" foler in "Applica...

• Regular
  • I am trying to stop Spotify from autoupdating since the only client working at the moment is an older one (see my other post). However, all the solutions people come up with to stop the auto-update i...
  • DrGreg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A thread for every single click in the menu

Can some developer from Spotify tell me why I have a lot of threads running? How to replicate it: 1. Open spotify 2. Open Activity Monitor 3. Click in one of those menu item 4. Watch how developer screw threading I am paying for this **bleep** at lea...

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 2.58.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 3.02.44 AM.png
  • Can some developer from Spotify tell me why I have a lot of threads running?   How to replicate it: 1. Open spotify 2. Open Activity Monitor 3. Click in one of those menu item 4. Wat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mac & Android syncing problems - songs randomly stop

Hello, I use my Mac (13" MacBook Pro Retina '13) and my android device (Samsung S5 running Android version 5.0) regularly to interact with Spotify. Lately there've been persisting issues with music randomly being part-way through a song, or sometimes...

• Hello,      I use my Mac (13" MacBook Pro Retina '13) and my android device (Samsung S5 running Android version 5.0) regularly to interact with Spotify. Lately there've been persis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes