Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Messages Through Facebook But Not Spotify

Description I am now getting Spotify messages through Facebook but not Spotify. I used to get messages through Spotify. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. I received messages sent from other Spotify users within my Spotify app. 2. A...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I am now getting Spotify messages through Facebook but not Spotify. I used to get messages through Spotify.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1.  I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Internal Error - Spotify crashes when iTunes or VLC is opened

DescriptionSpotify crashes on Mac when I launch/activate iTunes or VLC apps. The following details about the crash are displayed with options to "Crash" or "Continue": Exception Name: NSInvalidArgumentExceptionDescription: -[SPMediaKeyTap grab]: unre...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Spotify crashes on Mac when I launch/activate iTunes or VLC apps. The following details about the crash are displayed with options to "Crash" or "Continue": Exception Name: NSInvalidAr...
  • vervorm
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Dragging full albums into playlists on Mac

As of today, I am no longer able to drag an entire album into a playlist on my mac desktop app. Nor am I able to select all (Command-A on mac) to be able to drag. Currently I am only able to go to drop down menu to add album to a playlist. This is a ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of today, I am no longer able to drag an entire album into a playlist on my mac desktop app. Nor am I able to select all (Command-A on mac) to be able to drag. Currently I am only able to go to dr...
  • shape5
  • Composer
  • 39 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 39 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify on Mac App Store

I would love to see this app in the Mac App Store due it's easier and safer to update, and download. Please upload it

• I would love to see this app in the Mac App Store due it's easier and safer to update, and download. Please upload it 😞 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes

Your Music and Offline Availability (Mac)

Previously, with the starred system, you were able to enable 'Available Offline' on your playlists and listen to them when streaming wasn't an option. While you can still do this with playlists, I was just wondering if this was an option with the new...

• Casual Listener
  • Previously, with the starred system, you were able to enable 'Available Offline' on your playlists and listen to them when streaming wasn't an option. While you can still do this with playlists, I wa...
  • DSwoon
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

UPDATED VERSION AND LOST MY PLAYLIST

Hit the update Spotify option only to have my full playlist removed. This original version was on a PC. I had ealier installed on a new iMac only to see a small extract of my playlist... Can anyone explain? Can they be retrieved?

• Hit the update Spotify option only to have my full playlist removed. This original version was on a PC. I had ealier installed on a new iMac only to see a small extract of my playlist...   C...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Bug Report

While browsing on the Red Hot Chili Peppers artist page, I tried playing their album, One Hot Minute, and when I played the song "One Big Mob" the audio only lasted for 0:52, 52 seconds. In reality, the song is actually 6:02, 6 minutes and 2 seconds ...

• While browsing on the Red Hot Chili Peppers artist page, I tried playing their album, One Hot Minute, and when I played the song "One Big Mob" the audio only lasted for 0:52, 52 seconds. In reality, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Spotify crash at the start

Hi guys! i have got a problem! yesterdat when i wanted open spotify, it crash and it gaving problem also today...i tried to disistanlled the app on my macbook and re-installed it but nothing. When i open it, it crash immediately! Solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys!  i have got a problem! yesterdat when i wanted open spotify, it crash and it gaving problem also today...i tried to disistanlled the app on my macbook and re-installed it but nothing....
  • Mathaios
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play song after return to free account

Description 1.My subscription was canceled due to online payment limits on my card. 2.Unable top play song error occured everytime I was trying to play song (PC win8 and ios8). 3.Problem occur by best quality setting which is unavailable in free vers...

• Description 1.My subscription was canceled due to online payment limits on my card. 2.Unable top play song error occured everytime I was trying to play song (PC win8 and ios8). 3.Problem o...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.1 issues with Spotify application

Hi, I´ve recently updated my OS, but after this update my Spotify application did not work. So, I deleted it and downloaded new install file and when I am trying to run this file, it only blinks first window and instantly crashes down. Do you guys ha...

• Hi,   I´ve recently updated my OS, but after this update my Spotify application did not work. So, I deleted it and downloaded new install file and when I am trying to run this file, it only ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Disrupted playback on OSX 10.10.1

Hi, I'm having infrequent playback issues with the desktop player on OSX 10.10.1 (and actually earlier versions too). Whenever Spotify isn't the foremost window on the desktop, the playback is disrupted and plays in short bursts. The issue is resolve...

• Hi,   I'm having infrequent playback issues with the desktop player on OSX 10.10.1 (and actually earlier versions too).   Whenever Spotify isn't the foremost window on the desktop, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[OSX] Spotify installer installs Spotify in the wrong Applications folder

Hi, I just wanted to give you a heads up if you use Spotify on a Mac (OSX 10.10.1 in my case) and you use your Mac with a non-administrator account. The Spotify installer installs the app in the user applications folder and not in the system wide one...

• Hi,   I just wanted to give you a heads up if you use Spotify on a Mac (OSX 10.10.1 in my case) and you use your Mac with a non-administrator account. The Spotify installer installs the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists using MP3 local files

I have spotify premium and I got a lot of playlists loaded with mp3 local files, from my computer. Now I can play the existent files but I cannot add any other mp3 file to the existent playlist, does spotify changed anything? I want to use spotify bo...

• Visitor
  • I have spotify premium and I got a lot of playlists loaded with mp3 local files, from my computer. Now I can play the existent files but I cannot add any other mp3 file to the existent playlist, does...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

play entire album??!!

Help! The Spotify queue is driving me nuts. I recently decided to try it out after being on Rdio for years. I hated the Rdio queue, but Spotify's is so much terrible-er! When you click on an album to play, it plays the first song and then puts the re...

• Casual Listener
  • Help! The Spotify queue is driving me nuts. I recently decided to try it out after being on Rdio for years. I hated the Rdio queue, but Spotify's is so much terrible-er! When you click on an album to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

starred list not updating

I'm following my friend's starred playlist, and i know there are a few songs she recently added because she was showing me her starred list today, but they're not updating when i see the list on my account. Also, there are a few that keep saying "now...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm following my friend's starred playlist, and i know there are a few songs she recently added because she was showing me her starred list today, but they're not updating when i see the list on my a...
  • unchio
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Phish songs being played!

So I noticed this trying to play Tweezer>Timber>Tweezer from 12/14/95, and somehow, Spotify is playing Timber from Phish's halloween 2014 set, which isn't even on Spotify. Then, I tried playing the Slave To The Traffic Light, only to get a Light? Wha...

• Casual Listener
  • So I noticed this trying to play Tweezer>Timber>Tweezer from 12/14/95, and somehow, Spotify is playing Timber from Phish's halloween 2014 set, which isn't even on Spotify.   Then,...
  • j_d_mills
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug - Mac OS

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.9.15xxx on OS X Yoseimite 10.10.1. If I open the app and the internet connection is down, it never get to play anything when it comes back up, I have to kill the app and re open it.Nice community, kind regards!

• Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.9.15xxx on OS X Yoseimite 10.10.1. If I open the app and the internet connection is down, it never get to play anything when it comes back up, I have to kill the app and re ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac import iTunes playlists go empty

Hi, I'm using the desktop app on a Mac (10.9.1) and am having problems importing my iTunes playlists. The lists themselves are recognised and the tracks are listed under "local files" but the playlists themselves are empty. When I try to delete the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the desktop app on a Mac (10.9.1) and am having problems importing my iTunes playlists. The lists themselves are recognised and the tracks are listed under "local files" but the playlis...
  • Riddion
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install spotify on mac

The Spotify program didn't work one day and i couldn't open the program when i clicked the Spotify symbol. I've tried to delete the program from my Mac and reinstall it but I've still got the same problem. What to do?

• The Spotify program didn't work one day and i couldn't open the program when i clicked the Spotify symbol. I've tried to delete the program from my Mac and reinstall it but I've still got the same pr...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist selection problem

Hi allI have a very bizarre problem in regards to selecting artists. I open spotify, search for an artist, play a something on their page and everything works fine. Then I will go and search for another artist to listen to in the search bar and when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I have a very bizarre problem in regards to selecting artists. I open spotify, search for an artist, play a something on their page and everything works fine. Then I will go and search fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes