Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

music listing problems?

I frequently run across problems with the Spotify catalog -- like a band's albums are not listed on their page even though if you search for the band you can get to them. ("Boards of Canada"). Or an album will be missing a track -- if you play the al...

• Music Fan
  • I  frequently run across problems with the Spotify catalog -- like a band's albums are not listed on their page even though if you search for the band you can get to them.  ("Boards of Cana...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs will not play - slider stays at 0:00 - local files as well

DescriptionWhenever I try to play a song on spotify the slider sits on 0:00 and nothing plays. This happens with local files too. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Switched on my computer2. Started spotify3. Tried to play a song - n...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Whenever I try to play a song on spotify the slider sits on 0:00 and nothing plays. This happens with local files too. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Switched ...
  • rgmunderwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes after I have upgraded to paying version.

I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories but anyway, I downloaded it again and it seemed to be re-installing. after a few songs it crashes though. i'm u...

• Regular
  •   I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories but anyway, I downloaded it again and it seemed to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on Queen

I listened to Queen the other morning, I noticed there was an update, so I restarted Spotify. Ever since then I will choose a playlist and start listening, when it goes to the next song, it's Queen. When I try listening to a new station of something,...

• Casual Listener
  • I listened to Queen the other morning, I noticed there was an update, so I restarted Spotify. Ever since then I will choose a playlist and start listening, when it goes to the next song, it's Queen. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Version 0.9.2.18 eating 90-100% of CPU

Was just upgraded to 0.9.2.18 and Spotify is using 90-100% of CPU. I'm running a MacBook Pro on 10.8.4. Discover, Follow & App Finder aren't loading along with the headers of playlists. I'll be downgrading until the problem is resolved. *Update - Uni...

• Regular
  • Was just upgraded to 0.9.2.18 and Spotify is using 90-100% of CPU. I'm running a MacBook Pro on 10.8.4.    Discover, Follow & App Finder aren't loading along with the headers of pla...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Recover deleted playlist

I accidently deleted a playlist called "Country" is there anyway to get this back?

• I accidently deleted a playlist called "Country" is there anyway to get this back? 
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newsfeed completely empty, not showing any friends updates!

Since months the newsfeed has problems, after while it just stopped updating. TODAY, and since days, it does not show anything!! Spotify... I think many users are looking forward to Apple's solution if such elementary things doesn't get fixed. Sorry

• Roadie
  • Since months the newsfeed has problems, after while it just stopped updating.   TODAY, and since days, it does not show anything!!   Spotify... I think many users are looking forward to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Spotify version 0.9.0.128 ridiculously slow

Spotify was working great for a while, after a bunch of problems in the past. Now, since the update to version 0.9.0.128 the performance has gone downhill again. Starting the app takes from 4 to 8 minutes on both my MacBook Pro (2.2GHz Intel Core i7 ...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify was working great for a while, after a bunch of problems in the past. Now, since the update to version 0.9.0.128 the performance has gone downhill again. Starting the app takes from 4 to 8 mi...
  • kriscoady
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

Starred songs major problem

I recently unstarred all of my starred songs so I could re-organize. I have been using my iphone app to go through and choose my new starred songs. However, on my desktop (Mac), none of my starred songs from my iphone will show up as starred. If I st...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently unstarred all of my starred songs so I could re-organize.   I have been using my iphone app to go through and choose my new starred songs.  However, on my desktop (Mac), no...
  • otashm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing has stopped working.

Today I tried to share a track to a friend and I noticed that the sharing dialogs are all blank. What's up?

Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 12.08.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 12.08.02 PM.png
  • Regular
  • Today I tried to share a track to a friend and I noticed that the sharing dialogs are all blank.  What's up?
  • hypnotiza
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Spotify has some problem

1) With a good connection it stop playing songs, (buffering?)2) too much time to load personal and friends pages.3) no more green indicator to understand which track is active listening an album in its page.Today 1) 2) are happening continuosly.I'll ...

• Casual Listener
  • 1) With a good connection it stop playing songs, (buffering?) 2) too much time to load personal and friends pages. 3) no more green indicator to understand which track is active listening an album ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Joy Formidable "this Ladder is Ours"

The single selection has gone haywire. Clicking on any song brings up a different one. I figured this was an issue on my side or random was on. Did a clean reinstall, no luck, and random IS turned off. Second issue is still only with the same band. T...

• The single selection has gone haywire. Clicking on any song brings up a different one. I figured this was an issue on my side or random was on. Did a clean reinstall, no luck, and random IS turned of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac?] Determinate google searches trigger Spotify to start unexpectedly

Description Searching Google for "spotify elapsed hours" (without quotes) causes Spotify client to start and play music from where it was previously paused. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Search google for "spotify elapsed hours...

• Regular
  • Description Searching Google for "spotify elapsed hours" (without quotes) causes Spotify client to start and play music from where it was previously paused.   A more detailed descripti...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving local files from device to desktop

I had my hard drive crash and lost 900 local files, so now many of my playlist show songs greyed out.. BUT I can still see/play local files from my iphone, how can I move these over from my device to my desktop?

• I had my hard drive crash and lost 900 local files, so now many of my playlist show songs greyed out..   BUT I can still see/play local files from my iphone, how can I move these over from m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep on receiving notifications from playlists I unfollowed

I unfollowed a playlist (3voor12) a long time ago but still receive notifactions in my Mac client. I have followed and unfollowed several times but to no avail. Please help/fix dirk

• I unfollowed a playlist (3voor12) a long time ago but still receive notifactions in my Mac client. I have followed and unfollowed several times but to no avail.   Please help/fix   ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify takes 4 minutes to open

hi,since getting the 2 or 3 last versions of spotify, it has been very slow to open. Sometimes I have to reboot. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. Spotify version 0.8.8.459.Anyone else have this problem?

• Regular
  • hi, since getting the 2 or 3 last versions of spotify, it has been very slow to open. Sometimes I have to reboot. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. Spotify version 0.8.8.459. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

All my Spotify playlist's are gone!!

I see that all my playlists are missing -- I thought it was just a glitch, so I"m just now getting around to posting this. I think the culprit may have been that I tried out the web version on my Chromebook. I had a whole ton of playlists: A totally ...

• Regular
  • I see that all my playlists are missing -- I thought it was just a glitch, so I"m just now getting around to posting this.   I think the culprit may have been that I tried out the web version ...
  • sgharms
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Meshing my library with the spotify library

Is there a way to identify which tracks in my library are not also in the spotify library? I'm just thinking for mobile syncing I can make a playlist of my local files that are not in Spotify.

• Regular
  • Is there a way to identify which tracks in my library are not also in the spotify library? I'm just thinking for mobile syncing I can make a playlist of my local files that are not in Spotify.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes