Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify will not open on Mac

I have been using Spotify for a few weeks, and all of a sudden it will not open. I have tried deleting it, redownloading, and then when I open it it flashes as though it is about to open but then nothing happens. I have tried contacting Apple, they d...

• I have been using Spotify for a few weeks, and all of a sudden it will not open. I have tried deleting it, redownloading, and then when I open it it flashes as though it is about to open but then not...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest Spotify update breaking Adobe FIreworks

Yo Spotify, are you going to fix this problem or not. Just let me know. I'll move to Rdio if i must.

• Casual Listener
  • Yo Spotify, are you going to fix this problem or not. Just let me know. I'll move to Rdio if i must.
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't ear music with my account in my mac

Hi, I cant hear music in my destkop (mac). I try to play music and only hear 2 seconds and then appear (impossible reproduce this song). I can hear music with other account and my iphone but i cant reproduce music in my destkop. thanks,

• Hi,   I cant hear music in my destkop (mac). I try to play music and only hear 2 seconds and then appear (impossible reproduce this song). I can hear music with other account and my iphone b...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! actual playing title isn't green

If I click on a Playlist PLAY the actual title wont hover green. Thats realy ugly since I don't know exactly on which postition I'm in the playslist and which title is play (also click on the cover and "go to" won't help). When I directly click into ...

• Casual Listener
  • If I click on a Playlist PLAY the actual title wont hover green.  Thats realy ugly since I don't know exactly on which postition I'm in the playslist and which title is play (also click o...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific songs not available from an album?

I'm trying to get this album: https://play.spotify.com/album/6qZSS98R6px7lmqzMUOZnX But only 2 of the songs are available? The album released yesterday. Why is this?

• I'm trying to get this album: https://play.spotify.com/album/6qZSS98R6px7lmqzMUOZnX   But only 2 of the songs are available? The album released yesterday. Why is this?
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to complete Premium membership subscription with NUS discount

I am trying to purchase spotify premium through the NUS discount so i get 50% off the subscription. However as I try to purchase it, i enter my NUS card number and then it prompts me to enter my facebook password and then once i do so it redirects me...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to purchase spotify premium through the NUS discount so i get 50% off the subscription. However as I try to purchase it, i enter my NUS card number and then it prompts me to enter my face...
  • schulzy98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search by country and location

Hi, I have used Spotify for some time, but the search "feature" is really bad. Sometimes I want to search e.g. for new songs in a specific country or location. But how to do that? In "Browse" there are only genres. If I e.g. enter "country: Sweden", ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have used Spotify for some time, but the search "feature" is really bad. Sometimes I want to search e.g. for new songs in a specific country or location. But how to do that? In "Brow...
  • spiff69
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes

Click and hold preview not working on Mac

Clicking and holding on play button is not playing preview anymore on Mac. Reinstall does not help. OS X 10.9.4. Spotify 0.9.14.11

• Casual Listener
  • Clicking and holding on play button is not playing preview anymore on Mac.   Reinstall does not help.   OS X 10.9.4. Spotify 0.9.14.11
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Just a thought about Spotify desktop

I started paying the premium the moment I could (I was a student before) just because I thought Spotify was the kind of idea that had to exist and it just needed some support to become what it is nowadays. A minute ago I realised whenever I want to l...

• Casual Listener
  • I started paying the premium the moment I could (I was a student before) just because I thought Spotify was the kind of idea that had to exist and it just needed some support to become what it is now...
  • lusop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mac: Spotify Helper not responding

I've noticed over the past couple months at least that in my Activity Monitor one of the Spotify Helpers is constantly Not Responding. I force quit and it appears again. The desktop app works, but seems slow and I'm wondering if this might be the rea...

• Regular
  • I've noticed over the past couple months at least that in my Activity Monitor one of the Spotify Helpers is constantly Not Responding. I force quit and it appears again. The desktop app works, but se...
  • sevensix
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify repeat

For a while i'm having a problem starting a number in Spotify, it starts en after 1 or 2 seconds it starts again for good.Now i'm in a situation that Spotify just opens the software, but i cannot listen anymore.... It's not possible to play the actua...

• For a while i'm having a problem starting a number in Spotify, it starts en after 1 or 2 seconds it starts again for good. Now i'm in a situation that Spotify just opens the software, but i cannot l...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop Help!

Is anyone having problems with using the crossfade option in spotify with soundrop? When using the crossfade function on the playback options soundrop seems to start to crossfade the songs and then give up and jus restart the song? Anyone have any id...

• Casual Listener
  • Is anyone having problems with using the crossfade option in spotify with soundrop? When using the crossfade function on the playback options soundrop seems to start to crossfade the songs and then...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files lost after spotify app is closed

I have a set of two albums that are local MP3 files on a macbook. I have uploaded them to a playlist thereby putting them in my local files list aswell. Whenever I close out of spotify though the file locations are lost and I have to reimport them. A...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a set of two albums that are local MP3 files on a macbook. I have uploaded them to a playlist thereby putting them in my local files list aswell. Whenever I close out of spotify though the fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Slow on Mac OS 10.9.5

Hi there, Spotify is incredibly slow on my Mac. I have taken the following steps to rectify, but Spotify remains my slowest application: -Reinstalled (3 times) -Restart computer -Install all updates -Disable all local file sources -Reduce cache to ma...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,    Spotify is incredibly slow on my Mac.   I have taken the following steps to rectify, but Spotify remains my slowest application:   -Reinstalled (3 times) ...
  • joemitchell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't unfollow a playlist from someone I'm following

I am not following Vincent Sandoval but his music still comes up in the listened to list. How can I remove this?

• I am not following Vincent Sandoval but his music still comes up in the listened to list. How can I remove this?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Incorrect Local Files

Hi, I have an issue where local files are played incorrectly. Say there's a studio album that I also have on iTunes; instead of playing it from the correct source, Spotify plays the live version from a different album. How do I correct this problem? ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi, I have an issue where local files are played incorrectly. Say there's a studio album that I also have on iTunes; instead of playing it from the correct source, Spotify plays the live versio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant quit spotify, anything I search on return blank, click on artist doesn't work

Running OS X Mavericks. 1) I can't quit Spotify. I've tried rightclick, quit it through the menu, and force quit it via the Apple menu. Each time I quit it, it restarts within under half a second. Sometimes I can't even turn off my computer because o...

• Running OS X Mavericks.   1) I can't quit Spotify. I've tried rightclick, quit it through the menu, and force quit it via the Apple menu. Each time I quit it, it restarts within under half a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keystroke for saving a track

Hi, I'm on a Mac and wondering if there is a keystroke for saving a track? /Alex

• Hi,   I'm on a Mac and wondering if there is a keystroke for saving a track?     /Alex
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving tracks on Desktop version and on mobile

Hi there, I'm hoping that someone can help me. On the desktop version, when I click on "Save" for anything (songs or albums), it goes to saved for a moment, and then goes right back to "Save" , without actually saving anything. Anyone have an idea ho...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I'm hoping that someone can help me.  On the desktop version, when I click on "Save" for anything (songs or albums), it goes to saved for a moment, and then goes right back ...
  • Bennsen
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Helper from Mac App has problems

I just started Spotfy! Most of the time the Helper stay running, consumming 30% of cpu doing nothing. My setup is Mac OS 10.9.4

• Regular
  • I just started Spotfy! Most of the time the Helper stay running, consumming 30% of cpu doing nothing. My setup is Mac OS 10.9.4
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes