Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify starts playing randomly

I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out. Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "It's music time!" and starts playing a song. I have to exi...

• I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out.  Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "I...
  • tim241
  • 31 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! Where are offline files stored on Mac

Hello, I want to know where the offline files are stroeed locally on my mac. Because my disk are very full I think about to link this directory to my mobile disk. ThanksThorQue

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I want to know where the offline files are stroeed locally on my mac. Because my disk are very full I think about to link this directory to my mobile disk.   Thanks ThorQue
  • Phthonus
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Disconnect from Facebook button not working

I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens. The reason I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook is that I see the annoyin...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens.   The reason I'm ...
  • tomihasa
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular a...

• Music Fan
  • Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extreme...
  • kenneddoll
  • 148 replies
  • 112 likes
  • 148 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Spotify prevents Mac from going to sleep

Hi, running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song is being played.By typing "pmset -g assertions" into the terminal window, you'll get a list of diagnostic information regarding power save mode. As long as Spotify ...

• Not applicable
  • Hi,   running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song is being played. By typing "pmset -g assertions" into the terminal window, you'll get a list of diagnos...
  • SteveJK
  • 69 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't play local files!

OK, it's getting to the point where I am about to cancel my account. I add files to Spotify (I have the folder selected as a source in preferences) and when I go to play it, I get the; "This track was added as a local file. If you have the file on yo...

• Gig Goer
  • OK, it's getting to the point where I am about to cancel my account.    I add files to Spotify (I have the folder selected as a source in preferences) and when I go to play it, I get the;...
  • aprilsmoon
  • Casual Listener
  • 55 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 55 replies
  • 8 likes

Probleme de synchronisation de playlist sur MAC OSX lion

Bonjour, je rencontre un probleme de synchronisation de mes playlist Spotify entre mon Mac, iphone et ipad.En effet quand je crée une playlist sur mon mac, plus rien ne se synchronise avec mes iphones et Ipad. Sauf ma selection( etoile jaune). je ne ...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, je rencontre un probleme de synchronisation de mes playlist Spotify entre mon Mac, iphone et ipad. En effet quand je crée une playlist sur mon mac, plus rien ne se synchronise avec mes ipho...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! can't login mac os x

Hi, I have been using Spotify Premium for about 3 months with no problems at all ... until today. Can't login. I type my email and password in to the dialog (Facebook login) and it keeps telling me there is an error, something about being behind a fi...

• Hi, I have been using Spotify Premium for about 3 months with no problems at all ... until today. Can't login. I type my email and password in to the dialog (Facebook login) and it keeps telling me t...
  • mattennis33
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Denunciar a Spotify

Quiero denunciar a Spotify por no hacer nada al respecto con un problema que les informe: pague la cuenta Premium (9,99 euros) y sólo me duró 15 días, cuando se supone que tiene que durar un mes entero. Me puse en contacto con ustedes y me dijeron qu...

•    Quiero denunciar a Spotify por no hacer nada al respecto con un problema que les informe: pague la cuenta Premium (9,99 euros) y sólo me duró 15 días, cuando se supone que tiene que dura...
  • AlexanderFagua
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs not starting at the beginning of the track

Every once in a while, I'll get to a song where spotify will skip the first 1 or 2 seconds of a song. I can move the seeker all the way to the front, it says it starting at the beginning, but spotify will still skip the first few seconds of the song....

• Every once in a while, I'll get to a song where spotify will skip the first 1 or 2 seconds of a song. I can move the seeker all the way to the front, it says it starting at the beginning, but spotify...
  • bonjoursoleil
  • 106 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 106 replies
  • 30 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't download!

I have had spotify for a while now but about a month ago it deleted itself from my laptop. I have tried at least 10 times to re install it but after I have pressed run, the spotify installer just disappears. Someone please help? It is so annoying!

• Casual Listener
  • I have had spotify for a while now but about a month ago it deleted itself from my laptop. I have tried at least 10 times to re install it but after I have pressed run, the spotify installer just dis...
  • CobyUnger
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes

Clear Spotify history?

I'm really happy with Spotify, but recently a friend used my account to listen to some songs that I don't like. Despite several attempts to delete the songs in my history by reinstalling Spotify or restarting my computer, all have failed. So I'm assu...

• I'm really happy with Spotify, but recently a friend used my account to listen to some songs that I don't like. Despite several attempts to delete the songs in my history by reinstalling Spotify or r...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 46 replies
  • 50 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 50 likes

Spotify Freezes my entire Macbook Pro!

So I just downloaded spotify, it logins and opens, but then whenever i try to click anything it just freezes my WHOLE LAPTOP. I can't even click force quit, i have to force restart EVER SINGLE TIME. I have the newest model of a macbook pro, this shou...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just downloaded spotify, it logins and opens, but then whenever i try to click anything it just freezes my WHOLE LAPTOP. I can't even click force quit, i have to force restart EVER SINGLE TIME. ...
  • deividreimon
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Output of Spotify

Hello, can i change the output source of spotify? can't find anything about it.. best regards

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   can i change the output source of spotify? can't find anything about it..    best regards
  • VecchioJohn
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Hi...just downloaded and paid up to Spotify premium...so far everything looking ok except when I play any song it skips constantly...every 10secs or so...like a scratched CD...internet conection is decent so I have no idea what is going on. I am usin...

• Hi...just downloaded and paid up to Spotify premium...so far everything looking ok except when I play any song it skips constantly...every 10secs or so...like a scratched CD...internet conection is d...
  • tal7650
  • 91 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 91 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

I seem to be unable to dismiss the error message shown below "Failed to enable Spotify Social". I'm a premium member and do not want to enable Facebook integration (you can see below that I have not done so), yet I continue to get this error message....

annoyance.png
  • Regular
  • I seem to be unable to dismiss the error message shown below "Failed to enable Spotify Social".  I'm a premium member and do not want to enable Facebook integration (you can see below that I hav...
  • anthonygrec0
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

• Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure wh...
  • Jeremy
  • 228 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 228 replies
  • 28 likes

How can I get Spotify to recognize updated tag info?

I have been taking on the task of running many, many of my files through a tag program, deleting old (multiple) tags, and, generally, cleaning everything up. One issue that I've noticed is that Spotify doesn't recognize the changes that I've made to ...

• Regular
  • I have been taking on the task of running many, many of my files through a tag program, deleting old (multiple) tags, and, generally, cleaning everything up.   One issue that I've noticed is t...
  • rodmusic
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify constantly crashes on my MAC

Hi, I have reinstalled and deleted all the cache files but Spottily keeps crashing on my MAC. Im not able to open the application. Im paying for the Premium service, so not quite happy for paying for something that simply does not work. Any ideas or ...

• Hi,   I have reinstalled and deleted all the cache files but Spottily keeps crashing on my MAC. Im not able to open the application. Im paying for the Premium service, so not quite happy for p...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 79 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 79 replies
  • 7 likes