Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify freezing on startup mac

I'm not sure what this falls under and none of the other forums have solved my problem. When I start spotify on my macbook pro running 10.9.4 it immediately freezes. I cannot do anything but look at a frozen loading symbol. This is the console read-o...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure what this falls under and none of the  other forums have solved my problem. When I start spotify on my macbook pro running 10.9.4 it immediately freezes. I cannot do anything but lo...
  • Ben20
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Is playlist based radio dynamic

If you base a radio station on a playlist and then you alter that playlist does it alter the radio station? Or is it based on the "fingerprint" of the station when it was created?

• Regular
  • If you base a radio station on a playlist and then you alter that playlist does it alter the radio station? Or is it based on the "fingerprint" of the station when it was created?
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

song sharing not working

Hi all, song sharing isnt working for me, any ideas? I've reinstalled, no luck, i signed out with email and back in with facebook, no luck, is anyone else having trouble sharing songs within SP?

• Hi all, song sharing isnt working for me, any ideas? I've reinstalled, no luck, i signed out with email and back in with facebook, no luck, is anyone else having trouble sharing songs within SP?
  • Gladiomortis
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Music" - How to get in Offline Mode

Hi Guys I am new to this service after using MOG in Australia for some time. I have Spotify installed on my Mac and also on my Iphone. I have on the desktop app added around 500 songs to the "Your Music" section and not created any playlists. When I ...

• Hi Guys   I am new to this service after using MOG in Australia for some time.   I have Spotify installed on my Mac and also on my Iphone.   I have on the desktop app added...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema Descarga Playlist with Iphone

Hola, desde hace un tiempo, tengo problemas para descargar las listas en mi dispositivo Movil para escucharlas en Offline, empizar a realizar la descarga pero nunca acaba y se queda sin bajar todo el contenido. Que puedo hacer para solucionar el prob...

• Hola, desde hace un tiempo, tengo problemas para descargar las listas en mi dispositivo Movil para escucharlas en Offline, empizar a realizar la descarga pero nunca acaba y se queda sin bajar todo el...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists disappear when the computer is restarted

I Use spotify premium on my two imacs, iPHone en macbook Air. Since a week or two I lost my playlists EVERY day. They are just removed. I can recover them by signing in to Spotify.com and click on recover playlists but it is getting so annoying now, ...

• I Use spotify premium on my two imacs, iPHone en macbook Air. Since a week or two I lost my playlists EVERY day. They are just removed. I can recover them by signing in to Spotify.com and click on re...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Viewing Shuffle Order

Hello all! On my iphone, once you click the "shuffle" button within Spotify you can then view the "shuffle order" and skip ahead on songs. Is there a way to do this on the desktop app? View the shuffle order? Thanks in advance! E

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all! On my iphone, once you click the "shuffle" button within Spotify you can then view the "shuffle order" and skip ahead on songs. Is there a way to do this on the desktop app? View the shu...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify no longer starts (Mac)

Hi, About an hour ago, my Spotify app crashed and since then it won't start anymore. Every time I click Spotify the login screen pops up for a fraction of a second and the app never loads. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, but it won't h...

• Regular
  • Hi,   About an hour ago, my Spotify app crashed and since then it won't start anymore. Every time I click Spotify the login screen pops up for a fraction of a second and the app never loads....
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mac OSX 10.9.2 Desktop App Not Responding

Greetings: I have two computers running OSX 10.9.2 - a mid-2010 MacBook Pro and a late-2012 iMac. Both machines experience the same problem when trying to run the Spotify desktop app. Login screen comes up, I login (using either my Spotify or Faceboo...

• Regular
  • Greetings:   I have two computers running OSX 10.9.2 - a mid-2010 MacBook Pro and a late-2012 iMac. Both machines experience the same problem when trying to run the Spotify desktop app....
  • khain
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Delete history on MAC

How do I delete my history in Spotify om a MAC?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I delete my history in Spotify om a MAC?
  • latteboy50
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't sort my list desktop spotify firefox (mac) so can't rearrange songs in my list

I've looked at numerous solutions by other peeps regarding moving around songs in playlists. My problem is that I can't sort anything at all. I'm not using the Spotify app (it crashes on my mac), so I am using the web interface to listen to music, us...

• I've looked at numerous solutions by other peeps regarding moving around songs in playlists.   My problem is that I can't sort anything at all.  I'm not using the Spotify app (it crashe...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Tag

Listening to Black Metal radio and Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up came on, that song has no business being tagged as black metal.

• Listening to Black Metal radio and Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up came on, that song has no business being tagged as black metal.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Acount log in

Hi spotify,
I have my friends my spotify account trying to be a good person and now they are pissing me off and I was wondering if you could log my account off of all devices so I can just have it on my phone.

Thanks

Garrett Clark

• Casual Listener
  • Hi spotify, <br>I have my friends my spotify account trying to be a good person and now they are pissing me off and I was wondering if you could log my account off of all devices so I can just ...
  • xxpatrioticxx
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify helper process on Mac OSX 10.9.4

I have the latest version of Max OsX 10.9.4 and of Spotify. It happens sometimes that the NVIDIA graphic unit starts working heating up my MacBook Pro and when i monitor the active processes i see that there are many "Spotify helper" open and it says...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest version of Max OsX 10.9.4 and of Spotify. It happens sometimes that the NVIDIA graphic unit starts working heating up my MacBook Pro and when i monitor the active processes i see th...
  • thepen
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

getting Error 117

Can someone please help. I'm getting random login errors on both my Mac Book Pro (running Lion) and my my iPad v3 running the latest version of IOS. On the MBP it reports as error 117. On the iPad it just says "connecting". I have rebooted my router ...

• Regular
  • Can someone please help. I'm getting random login errors on both my Mac Book Pro (running Lion) and my my iPad v3 running the latest version of IOS. On the MBP it reports as error 117. On the iPad it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing music from ipod onto computer

I downloaded a lot of music from Spotify on my ipod, and now I want to put that music onto my computer. I downloaded the Spotify program, and I'm logged in on my computer, and it says under devices to connect my ipod to the computer or connect it to ...

• I downloaded a lot of music from Spotify on my ipod, and now I want to put that music onto my computer. I downloaded the Spotify program, and I'm logged in on my computer, and it says under devices t...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists removed after login

Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and love the service, however I seem to have done something that removed all of my playlists. I loaded the program and it asked me to login, when I did, it prompted me as though I were a new user. Is there any way ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm a long time Spotify user and love the service, however I seem to have done something that removed all of my playlists.  I loaded the program and it asked me to login, when I did, it p...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify refuses to play music

Hi folks, I've been a Spotify user (unlimited) for quite some time now, and in general happy with everything. BUT, every couple of days Spotify simply refuses to play any music - it finishes one song, and then simply stops. I can navigate in the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,   I've been a Spotify user (unlimited) for quite some time now, and in general happy with everything.   BUT, every couple of days Spotify simply refuses to play any music ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Band

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, but there is some weird spanish band under "Family Band" as an artist and if it could be switched to its own artist profile. It would be awesome since it has nothing to do with the artist "Family Band". Here i...

• Hello,   I wasn't sure where to post this, but there is some weird spanish band under "Family Band" as an artist and if it could be switched to its own artist profile. It would be awesome si...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab

When I click on my discover tab it says it cannot be loaded at said time, I've tired re-opening spotify as well as disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet, but nothing seems to work. Suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on my discover tab it says it cannot be loaded at said time, I've tired re-opening spotify as well as disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet, but nothing seems to work. Suggestion...
  • -marion-berry-
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes