Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify on Mountain Lion 10.8.5, notifications?

What changed? I can no longer see my notifications on this version (0.9.8.296.g91f68827) when a user subscribes to one of my playlists or follows me. The application while in the dock no longer displays them, if I turn to the program my notifications...

• Music Fan
  • What changed? I can no longer see my notifications on this version (0.9.8.296.g91f68827) when a user subscribes to one of my playlists or follows me. The application while in the dock no longer displ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is the rest of my nortifications,????

Hi there, I have 34 nortifications, but can only view 20 in the desktop version and the webplayer??? Is there another place, where I can see all my nortifications? /A

• Music Fan
  • Hi there,   I have 34 nortifications, but can only view 20 in the desktop version and the webplayer??? Is there another place, where I can see&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Artifacts in "channel ORANGE" by Frank Ocean

I'm hearing quite a few playback artifacts in "channel ORANGE" using my desktop player on Mac. I'm running OSX 10.9.2 with Spotify version 0.9.8.296 I have high quality streaming enabled and I'm plugged into ethernet with no bandwidth issues. I tried...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm hearing quite a few playback artifacts in "channel ORANGE" using my desktop player on Mac.   I'm running OSX 10.9.2 with Spotify version 0.9.8.296   I have high quality streamin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing Mac OSX

My Spotify froze while I was browsing new playlists. I "Forced Quit" after I checked and it said Spotify was not responding. Now Spotify crashes within seconds of opening everytime I launch it. I tried reinstaliing several times, still no luck. Help ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify froze while I was browsing new playlists. I "Forced Quit" after I checked and it said Spotify was not responding. Now Spotify crashes within seconds of opening everytime I launch it. I tri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stared Songs

I'm not sure how about other users, but I hate that I recveived this automatic updated which removed my most favorite option to star the songs. This new concept is not clear and confusing. I don't mind UI updateds, Spotify tends to keep improving mos...

• I'm not sure how about other users, but I hate that I recveived this automatic updated which removed my most favorite option to star the songs. This new concept is not clear and confusing. I don't mi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iPod mini - Mac OS X 10.9.2 can't select playlist manulally - Spotify exit unexpectedly to desktop

He's log form exits 04.05.2014 21:44:57,827 Spotify Helper[47140]: The function `CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete functi...

• Casual Listener
  • He's log form exits 04.05.2014 21:44:57,827 Spotify Helper[47140]: The function `CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application...
  • bwx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove all playlists from spotify

Hello, I had an error with my Itunes (under MAC) and one playlist was duplicated multiple times (about 3000 times). This playlists were imported to spotify by the first time I used it. I got a solution to delete all playlists from Itunes but I still ...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I had an error with my Itunes (under MAC) and one playlist was duplicated multiple times (about 3000 times). This playlists were imported to spotify by the first time I used it. I g...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac desktop client now closes on its own.

This is on th shop (older) MacBook. Mac 10.6.8 Intel 2ghz I came into work today as normal. The Spotify client login window was open. Cleared out co-workers credentials and plugged mine in, (non-premium). It appeared to do the normal looking start up...

• Casual Listener
  • This is on th shop (older) MacBook.   Mac 10.6.8  Intel 2ghz   I came into work today as normal.  The Spotify client login window was open. Cleared out co-workers credenti...
  • rattus_tattoos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

April 2014 update made the mac version absurdly slow

Is this getting fixed? It's been a while now, and I'm paying for this service, so can we make it work? Also, losing the stars is terrible, please bring back the star system.

• Is this getting fixed? It's been a while now, and I'm paying for this service, so can we make it work? Also, losing the stars is terrible, please bring back the star system.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Drag and Drop broken after viewing bio

Using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 on Mac OS X 10.9.2 If you click on on the Biography tab and click back to Overview, you can no longer drag and drop tracks to playlists. Instead of the track name, you get an empty box with no text.

• Casual Listener
  • Using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 on Mac OS X 10.9.2   If you click on on the Biography tab and click back to Overview, you can no longer drag and drop tracks to playlists. Instead of the tr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug in Mac Desktop Version

I have noticed a bug in the mac version of Spotify with the radio. If i start a playlist radio with one of my playlists, it starts perfectly. When i choose to change the radio to another playlist radio, nothing happens. It just continues to play with...

• Music Fan
  • I have noticed a bug in the mac version of Spotify with the radio. If i start a playlist radio with one of my playlists, it starts perfectly. When i choose to change the radio to another playlist rad...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not responding on mac 10.9.2

when i open the app it always crash, i already tried to uninstall and reinstall and still the same problems... i will glad any help you could give me. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • when i open the app it always crash, i already tried to uninstall and reinstall and still the same problems...    i will glad any help you could give me.   Thanks.
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Help on new UI

Is there an FAQ about all the changes made to the UI? Your Music, no more stars, etc? I couldn't find anything in the blog or site other than spiffy marketing, nothing to help users understand the changes....thanks!

• Regular
  • Is there an FAQ about all the changes made to the UI?  Your Music, no more stars, etc?  I couldn't find anything in the blog or site other than spiffy marketing, nothing to help users under...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

BRING BACK THE STARRED PLAYLISTS INDICATOR!!!

I truly don't understand the reasoning behind the new update. We already had playlists, which allowed people to arrange their music. If you really liked a song, you could star it, see that star and know what songs you liked from various albums and ar...

• Music Fan
  • I truly don't understand the reasoning behind the new update. We already had playlists, which allowed people to arrange their music. If you really liked a song, you could star it, see that star and k...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[CRASH] it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time

When i am playing music, it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time. It existed in the previous build and it is still here in the latest build.

• Casual Listener
  • When i am playing music, it crashes whenever I add songs to a playlist the second time.   It existed in the previous build and it is still here in the latest build.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New black UI on Mac is almost unusable

Great, now there's a new release of the Spotify client for Mac again. I have long ago stopped expecting any improved features or fixes whatsoever, and the 50% chance of freeze and crash on drag-and-drop is also too familiar to raise any eyebrows. But...

• Casual Listener
  • Great, now there's a new release of the Spotify client for Mac again.   I have long ago stopped expecting any improved features or fixes whatsoever, and the 50% chance of freeze and crash on...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify crashes on Mac

Every time I open my Spotify app it closes after a second or two. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and still have the same problem. Any tips? Thanks

• Every time I open my Spotify app it closes after a second or two. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and still have the same problem. Any tips? Thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did bios go in Mac desktop v0.9.8.296?

In latest upgrade artist bios have apparently disappeared. I used that feature a lot. May we have them back, please?

• Casual Listener
  • In latest upgrade artist bios have apparently disappeared. I used that feature a lot. May we have them back, please?
  • fonodon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow Artist

Why does Spotify keep asking me to following the same stupid band?? I keep getting notice to follow this band called "War Paint".

• Why does Spotify keep asking me to following the same stupid band?? I keep getting notice to follow this band called "War Paint".
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums are missing

After I dragged all the songs that are in my starred playlist to my music, even though the songs showd up in in the "song" menu, the "album" menu is still empty. I have tried rebooting Spotify for several times but it is still not working. I wonder i...

• Roadie
  • After I dragged all the songs that are in my starred playlist to my music, even though the songs showd up in in the "song" menu, the "album" menu is still empty. I have tried rebooting Spotify for se...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes