Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Incomplete Tracks...

Listening to two tracks this morning I noticed they're incomplete: Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - Tongue Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - I'll See Your Hear and Raise You Mine Wouldn't it be a nice idea to be able to "Report a problem" with an individual track...

• Casual Listener
  • Listening to two tracks this morning I noticed they're incomplete:    Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - Tongue Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - I'll See Your Hear and Raise You Mine   Wou...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn off notifications on Mac app

How do I turn off notifications in the Mac app? I find the red notifications badge really distracting, I just want to listen to music. I have not seen any useful notifications.

• Casual Listener
  •   How do I turn off notifications in the Mac app? I find the red notifications badge really distracting, I just want to listen to music. I have not seen any useful notifications.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

missing dependencies framework compatible with artist-shared MACbook

Hi, As many before me I am having this issue mentioned in the subject. I have done everything which was recommended, clean install etc and it still has not fixed the issue, this is on both my MacBookPro and my iMac. I am getting sick and tired of thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    As many before me I am having this issue mentioned in the subject. I have done everything which was recommended, clean install etc and it still has not fixed the issue, this is o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Transferring music from Android mac spotify without redownloading

hi there, total noob here. tried searching the forum but cant get a straight answer. i downloaded spotify on my android and have a few playlists downloaded for offline listening. i want to transfer these to my mac spotify with redownloading....can th...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there, total noob here.  tried searching the forum but cant get a straight answer.   i downloaded spotify on my android and have a few playlists downloaded for offline listening. i...
  • thissucksreally
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i see top playlist around the world?

I used to be able to see top playlist around the world like Sean Parker's 'Hipster International' and Spotify's 'Top 100 Alternative tracks'. When they updated the app, it is no longer possible to do so except the top tracks around the world. Can som...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to see top playlist around the world like Sean Parker's 'Hipster International' and Spotify's 'Top 100 Alternative tracks'.   When they updated the app, it is no longer pos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs have changed ''version''

So the songs on my spotify have changed ''version'' And some of the songs have changed to a other song.. I played for example a song, it said it was that song and it showed the album but it played a different song. And with the version stuff, for exa...

• Casual Listener
  • So the songs on my spotify have changed ''version''  And some of the songs have changed to a other song.. I played for example a song, it said it was that song and it showed the album but it p...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

[Bug report] [MAC] Songs on Spotify's artist page are wrongly linked

Hi, artist called "Elokuu" has wrong songs behind every link. When you choose the first top song Spotify starts to play first song from the first album. Second song from the top list is linked to albums second song and so on to the end of page.

• Hi, artist called "Elokuu" has wrong songs behind every link. When you choose the first top song Spotify starts to play first song from the first album. Second song from the top list is linked to alb...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

latests mac version keeps crashing

I am running 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 of Spotify on my macbook air, all the prior versions are fine, but this one I cannot get to open. It crashes immediatly.

• Regular
  • I am running 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 of Spotify on my macbook air, all the prior versions are fine, but this one I cannot get to open.  It crashes immediatly.  
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Spotify uses 90% minimum when idle among other things

I have been using spotify premium for about a year now, mostly on my Mac and iPhone, but I have it for Linux, windows and iPad (pretty much everything), I also have a fair amount of technical knowledge. ISSUE 1: I have just spent three weeks away fro...

• Regular
  • I have been using spotify premium for about a year now, mostly on my Mac and iPhone, but I have it for Linux, windows and iPad (pretty much everything), I also have a fair amount of technical kn...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Read in Track info from Desktop App

I want to create a script that reads in song info and who added it to a playlist to display on an LCD screen within the office. The API does not allow this but it would be really awesome! I can only do this now in the Web Player, but the web player d...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to create a script that reads in song info and who added it to a playlist to display on an LCD screen within the office. The API does not allow this but it would be really awesome!  I can...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MAC - Spotify window moves when changing volume or scrubbing

Hello!I'm just wondering if anyone is having this problem: When I try to change the volume or scrub through a track as soon as I click and slide the whole spotify interface will move with it. If anyone else is ecperiencing this problem please help me...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I'm just wondering if anyone is having this problem:   When I try to change the volume or scrub through a track as soon as I click and slide the whole spotify interface will move w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify pauses irregularly. Error code 114 appears sometimes

Premium user on a mac. Spotify quits for several seconds and then resumes playing. Very annoying. Sometimes get error code 114. Sometimes not. Firewall on this terminal never gave any problems before. Wonder whether this is really the issue?

• Roadie
  • Premium user on a mac. Spotify quits for several seconds and then resumes playing. Very annoying. Sometimes get error code 114. Sometimes not. Firewall on this terminal never gave any problems befo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

music listing problems?

I frequently run across problems with the Spotify catalog -- like a band's albums are not listed on their page even though if you search for the band you can get to them. ("Boards of Canada"). Or an album will be missing a track -- if you play the al...

• Gig Goer
  • I  frequently run across problems with the Spotify catalog -- like a band's albums are not listed on their page even though if you search for the band you can get to them.  ("Boards of Cana...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs will not play - slider stays at 0:00 - local files as well

DescriptionWhenever I try to play a song on spotify the slider sits on 0:00 and nothing plays. This happens with local files too. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Switched on my computer2. Started spotify3. Tried to play a song - n...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Whenever I try to play a song on spotify the slider sits on 0:00 and nothing plays. This happens with local files too. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Switched ...
  • rgmunderwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes after I have upgraded to paying version.

I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories but anyway, I downloaded it again and it seemed to be re-installing. after a few songs it crashes though. i'm u...

• Regular
  •   I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories but anyway, I downloaded it again and it seemed to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on Queen

I listened to Queen the other morning, I noticed there was an update, so I restarted Spotify. Ever since then I will choose a playlist and start listening, when it goes to the next song, it's Queen. When I try listening to a new station of something,...

• Casual Listener
  • I listened to Queen the other morning, I noticed there was an update, so I restarted Spotify. Ever since then I will choose a playlist and start listening, when it goes to the next song, it's Queen. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Version 0.9.2.18 eating 90-100% of CPU

Was just upgraded to 0.9.2.18 and Spotify is using 90-100% of CPU. I'm running a MacBook Pro on 10.8.4. Discover, Follow & App Finder aren't loading along with the headers of playlists. I'll be downgrading until the problem is resolved. *Update - Uni...

• Regular
  • Was just upgraded to 0.9.2.18 and Spotify is using 90-100% of CPU. I'm running a MacBook Pro on 10.8.4.    Discover, Follow & App Finder aren't loading along with the headers of pla...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Recover deleted playlist

I accidently deleted a playlist called "Country" is there anyway to get this back?

• I accidently deleted a playlist called "Country" is there anyway to get this back? 
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newsfeed completely empty, not showing any friends updates!

Since months the newsfeed has problems, after while it just stopped updating. TODAY, and since days, it does not show anything!! Spotify... I think many users are looking forward to Apple's solution if such elementary things doesn't get fixed. Sorry

• Roadie
  • Since months the newsfeed has problems, after while it just stopped updating.   TODAY, and since days, it does not show anything!!   Spotify... I think many users are looking forward to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes