Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify refuses to work on my Mac. HELP ME PLEASE.

Okay, so I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8. And when I got it, the first thing I did was download Spotify, since it's kinda my life. It worked great for about 3 or 4 weeks. Then one day I got this message that said "Spotify quit unexpectedly; Mac OS X...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8. And when I got it, the first thing I did was download Spotify, since it's kinda my life. It worked great for about 3 or 4 weeks. Then one day I got this mes...
  • hulie29
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

installation and usage

Hello, I couldn't open spotify on my mac anymore. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it which doesn't work. I always get an error message. I also reinstalled adobe flash and tried the following:Delete the folders: /Library/Caches/com.spotify....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I couldn't open spotify on my mac anymore. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it which doesn't work. I always get an error message. I also reinstalled adobe flash and tried th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac spotify will not down load. help fast!

I had spotify for the longest time, but now it just wont open. So I deleted it and tried to re-download it, but this has not worked. Each time it tries to open but says it cant. Please help.

• I had spotify for the longest time, but now it just wont open. So I deleted it and tried to re-download it, but this has not worked. Each time it tries to open but says it cant. Please help.
  • AbsolutelyNoFB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My playlists are disapeared but my girlfriend can still follow them

My playlists had disappeared but my girlfriend can still follow them.How can I rehabilitate them in my account?Thanks,Federico

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists had disappeared but my girlfriend can still follow them. How can I rehabilitate them in my account? Thanks, Federico
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work on my Mac

A few weeks ago, my Spotify application refused to open. It would bounce in the dock for a few seconds and then a message popped up saying that Spotify could not open and even when I tried to relaunch it, it did the same thing. I tried cleanly uninst...

• A few weeks ago, my Spotify application refused to open.  It would bounce in the dock for a few seconds and then a message popped up saying that Spotify could not open and even when I tried to r...
  • AbsolutelyNoFB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

8.8.450 - Freezing during playback

I'm on a 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8gb of ram running OSX 10.8.3. Since this last update playback seems to freeze in the middle of playing a song and I have to restart the app to get it to work again. You guys have been going down hill sine the Fo...

• Regular
  • I'm on a 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8gb of ram running OSX 10.8.3.  Since this last update playback seems to freeze in the middle of playing a song and I have to restart the app to get it to w...
  • wlbryant
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

impossible to reinstall spotify on Mac OS X

Need for help!!!I've been a premium user for a few months (and I loved it!!). Everything was ok.And last week, my computer said there was an upgrade for spotify. I downloaded it.Since I can't even run spotify.I desinstalled it (completely, following ...

• Casual Listener
  • Need for help!!! I've been a premium user for a few months (and I loved it!!). Everything was ok. And last week, my computer said there was an upgrade for spotify. I downloaded it. Since I can't e...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not All Tracks In Offline Playlist Sync To iPod

I have a premium account, and I've made a number of playlists available offline. I have a number of these playlists set to sync with my iPod touch, which I do over wi-fi. What often happens, though, is that only a handful of the tracks on each playli...

• Roadie
  • I have a premium account, and I've made a number of playlists available offline. I have a number of these playlists set to sync with my iPod touch, which I do over wi-fi. What often happens, though, ...
  • sheporiginale
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify running and installing issues (mac)

Spotify suddenly stopped working and won't re-install1. First I opened spotify2. The following message appeared: the application Spotify quit unexpectedly3. I followed the procedure form the troubleshooting section of Spotify's website and deleted ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify suddenly stopped working and won't re-install 1. First I opened spotify 2. The following message appeared: the application Spotify quit unexpectedly 3. I followed the procedure form th...
  • toffeeso
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists on Profile Page Have Same Artist for All Songs

When I launch Spotify on my laptop (Mac, Mountain Lion) and click on my profile icon in the upper right corner, all of the playlists that show up have the same artist for ALL of my songs. I've restarted Spotify and double-clicked on one of the songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I launch Spotify on my laptop (Mac, Mountain Lion) and click on my profile icon in the upper right corner, all of the playlists that show up have the same artist for ALL of my songs.   I'...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

start radio with unrelated music though

Hi! I tried starting radio with an artist, but all the other music spotifuggle found was completely unrelated!! How can I choose stuff to create a radio station? Thanks!kt

• Hi!   I tried starting radio with an artist, but all the other music spotifuggle found was completely unrelated!!   How can I choose stuff to create a radio station?   Thanks! kt
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort playlist by artist - make it stick

In a playlist I've created, I can sort the contents of the playlist according to artist by clicking on the header of the Aritist column. However, as soon as I close the app or even log off/log back on, the sort preference has been lost. Is there a wa...

• In a playlist I've created, I can sort the contents of the playlist according to artist by clicking on the header of the Aritist column.  However, as soon as I close the app or even log off/log ...
  • AbsolutelyNoFB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop client crashes a few songs in...

I'm using a Mac with OSX 10.6 loaded on it, and sometimes I run Spotify for a while, and it suddenly crashes. Not sure why it's happening, but it has happened more than three times. Luckily it runs normally after restarting. There must be a bug on th...

• Regular
  • I'm using a Mac with OSX 10.6 loaded on it, and sometimes I run Spotify for a while, and it suddenly crashes. Not sure why it's happening, but it has happened more than three times. Luckily it runs n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another Missing my Liked From Radio playlist issue

I've seen many posts about people not being able to see their Liked From Radio playlist. I cannot see mine either, but I can see someone else's, because I subscribed to it once upon a time. It is missing from both my Mac and from my Android device. H...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen many posts about people not being able to see their Liked From Radio playlist.  I cannot see mine either, but I can see someone else's, because I subscribed to it once upon a time. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Bug] Playlist order reset after app restart

Bug/behavior change found on Spotify for Mac after updating to version 0.8.8.450.gd9413516 Steps to reproduce: Launch Spotify.Select a saved playlist.Click on a list column to sort the playlist in a particular order (e.g. sort by Track, Artist, Album...

• Bug/behavior change found on Spotify for Mac after updating to version 0.8.8.450.gd9413516   Steps to reproduce:   Launch Spotify. Select a saved playlist. Click on a list colum...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems with newest mac version and syncing local files

I have the current release of the mac version and for some reason my android phone no longer appears in the devices section. This used to work (although that was with the linux preview version). Any ideas what could be going wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • I have the current release of the mac version and for some reason my android phone no longer appears in the devices section. This used to work (although that was with the linux preview version).&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Inspector doesn't start

The menu option Develop > Inspector doesn't seem to do anything in my Mac client (0.8.8.349.g3657a532) right now. Also there is no context menu showing up when richt-clicking in Apps. Both is described in http://developer.spotify.com/technologies/app...

• Gig Goer
  • The menu option Develop > Inspector doesn't seem to do anything in my Mac client (0.8.8.349.g3657a532) right now.  Also there is no context menu showing up when richt-clicking in Apps. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start up or now install when I down load it on my Mac

Spotify won't start up on my computer, it was working fine then one morning it wouldn't start. I tried a few times and it kept saying failed to launch. So I uninstalled it, and tried downloading it again and now it won't install. Tried several times....

• Spotify won't start up on my computer, it was working fine then one morning it wouldn't start. I tried a few times and it kept saying failed to launch. So I uninstalled it, and tried downloading it a...
  • AbsolutelyNoFB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I downgrade from horrendous 0.8.8 on a Mac?

I've seen plenty of Windows instructions and download links, but none for OS X. I'd like to remove the atrocious 0.8.8 'update' and revert to 0.8.5. Could anyone let me know how I can do that? I emailed support, but of course they're still claiming 0...

• Music Fan
  • I've seen plenty of Windows instructions and download links, but none for OS X. I'd like to remove the atrocious 0.8.8 'update' and revert to 0.8.5. Could anyone let me know how I can do that? I emai...
  • AbsolutelyNoFB
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Notification bug?

I have turned everything off when it comes to notifications but they still show up (recommended album this time). is there a way to get rid of them once and for all? Thanks F

• I have turned everything off when it comes to notifications but they still show up (recommended album this time). is there a way to get rid of them once and for all?   Thanks   F
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes