Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! [Mac] spotify doesn't play music from my iTunes library

HelloI have a strange problem.Spotify works fine, I play some "radio stations" and it works, but when the song is also in my iTunes library, Spotify refuse to play the song.This happens only on songs I have on my iTunes library (however not all are c...

• Regular
  • Hello I have a strange problem. Spotify works fine, I play some "radio stations" and it works, but when the song is also in my iTunes library, Spotify refuse to play the song. This happens only on...
  • ik2wxx
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save playlists without showing them?

I have a lot of playlists (and I love my playlists!). My problem is, that I also make playlists that i only use for a short period of time (I'm a physical education teacher - and might create a playlist for a some specific dance lessons), but I might...

• Regular
  • I have a lot of playlists (and I love my playlists!). My problem is, that I also make playlists that i only use for a short period of time (I'm a physical education teacher - and might create a playl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!!!! music sounds scratchy all the time

no matter what I do, every song I play on my MacBook in Spotify sounds scratchy. the songs don't skip, but you can hear scratching/flapping sounds in the background. I just bought my premium account a few days agoa and did not have this problem until...

• no matter what I do, every song I play on my MacBook in Spotify sounds scratchy. the songs don't skip, but you can hear scratching/flapping sounds in the background. I just bought my premium account ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Premium
    scratching
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify constantly crashes on my MAC

Hi, I have reinstalled and deleted all the cache files but Spottily keeps crashing on my MAC. Im not able to open the application. Im paying for the Premium service, so not quite happy for paying for something that simply does not work. Any ideas or ...

• Hi,   I have reinstalled and deleted all the cache files but Spottily keeps crashing on my MAC. Im not able to open the application. Im paying for the Premium service, so not quite happy for p...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 79 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 79 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Sync to mobile from Desktop application on Mac OS X

Is it possible to sync tracks from the Spotify desktop application directly to your mobile device...WITHOUT having to connect to the same network, or plug the device in directly? As a former Rdio subscriber turned Spotify...this seems like a feature ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to sync tracks from the Spotify desktop application directly to your mobile device...WITHOUT having to connect to the same network, or plug the device in directly?   As a form...
  • multikev
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify prevents Mac from going to sleep when PAUSED

Reposting on behalf of Norb because I think this forum might be more appropriate for it. "Hi, running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song is being played. By typing "pmset -g assertions" into the terminal window,...

• Roadie
  • Reposting on behalf of Norb because I think this forum might be more appropriate for it.   "Hi,   running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song i...
  • snooty
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Songs stop playing randomly. Cut in and out. Mac and PC.

Hello, To start off I have read various posts on this issue but cannot seem to find a resolution anywhere. I have been using Spotify for quite some time now and have found it to be a very smooth running program which never has any issues on both my P...

• Hello,   To start off I have read various posts on this issue but cannot seem to find a resolution anywhere.   I have been using Spotify for quite some time now and have found it to...
  • Randomthings
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac Update Retina

Hello, when there will come a Macbook Retina Update? it looks completly blurred and When Spotify on Mac become Airplay and Support for Notification Center ( Mountain Lion ) PLease answer Janusch

• Music Fan
  • Hello,     when there will come a Macbook Retina Update? it looks completly blurred    and When Spotify on Mac become Airplay and Support for Notification Center ( Mount...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

I seem to be unable to dismiss the error message shown below "Failed to enable Spotify Social". I'm a premium member and do not want to enable Facebook integration (you can see below that I have not done so), yet I continue to get this error message....

annoyance.png
  • Regular
  • I seem to be unable to dismiss the error message shown below "Failed to enable Spotify Social".  I'm a premium member and do not want to enable Facebook integration (you can see below that I hav...
  • anthonygrec0
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Premium User - Mac OS X - All playlists disappeared!

I am signed up through my Facebook account and the desktop app logged me out for some reason... When I could finally sign back in all of my playlists were gone! However they still show up for people who subscribe to them...

• Visitor
  • I am signed up through my Facebook account and the desktop app logged me out for some reason... When I could finally sign back in all of my playlists were gone! However they still show up for people ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no sound Mac

Hi, Spotify usually works great for me, but recently it has been playing songs with no sound actually coming out. (song bar dot moves along with song even though no sound is actually playing.) I have tried deleting the application and reinstalling, a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,     Spotify usually works great for me, but recently it has been playing songs with no sound actually coming out.  (song bar dot moves along with song even though no sound is a...
  • ZahBeam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify and my mac remote control

hi all I have a problem with spotify and my mac remote control. I can slown down the volume but if I want to go to the next song or to the last one I can't.... Do you know if the mac remote control is linked to spotify? thank you so much

• hi all   I have a problem with spotify and my mac remote control. I can slown down the volume but if I want to go to the next song or to the last one I can't....    Do you kn...
  • Nimo
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Like and dislike button on Mac Desktop Application

i would like to see the Desktop app mirror the iOS app where you have the ability to like or dislike a song. this would be a huge improvement! it should be the same no matter which device u r playing from. cheers

• Casual Listener
  •  i would like to see the Desktop app mirror the iOS app where you have the ability to like or dislike a song. this would be a huge improvement! it should be the same no matter which device u r...
  • CVilla
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first.   Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your iss...
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Disconnect from Facebook button not working

I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens. The reason I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook is that I see the annoyin...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens.   The reason I'm ...
  • tomihasa
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Probleme de synchronisation de playlist sur MAC OSX lion

Bonjour, je rencontre un probleme de synchronisation de mes playlist Spotify entre mon Mac, iphone et ipad.En effet quand je crée une playlist sur mon mac, plus rien ne se synchronise avec mes iphones et Ipad. Sauf ma selection( etoile jaune). je ne ...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, je rencontre un probleme de synchronisation de mes playlist Spotify entre mon Mac, iphone et ipad. En effet quand je crée une playlist sur mon mac, plus rien ne se synchronise avec mes ipho...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes