Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

connect with facebook does not work

connect with facebook does not work

I am having issues with connecting my Spotify account to my facebook.

I have followed the steps in the desktop app to change my email + password to the same as my facebook login. I can login with the facebook button into my spotify account, however the friends activity does not appear even though I have ticked off etc.

When I try to use the button "connect to facebook" and I use my facebook to login, then it just says "Login Error - There is an error logging you into this application. Please try again later".

The strange thing is that in the Apps settings on facebook website, I can see that Spotify is active. It just does not seem to work right.

I have tried all the signing out / removing spotify in the facebook App settings.
1 Reply

Hi there @karrysilden,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

It sounds like you may already have another account that's linked to your Facebook profile. To check, try logging out, then logging in with the option Continue with Facebook.

If you successfully log in, then it means your Facebook is linked to that other account. If that's the case, you can close that account by following the steps in this article.

After that, you'll be able to log in to your main Spotify account again using your email and password and link your Facebook profile to it by following these steps.

Lastly, and just to clarify, you don't need to link your Facebook profile to your Spotify account to be able to see your Friends activity in the app. For that, you and the people you follow just need to enable the necessary permissions in the app settings. Find more info about it here.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts