Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to mass delete playlists?

how to mass delete playlists?

i accidentally imported itunes playlists to spotify. how can i delete them??

25 Replies

Moving to a folder does not work. 2016 and still no solution. I deleted the folder and it left all the playlists behind.

Three years and still no solution.

Thanks for that, saved me hours of work, excellent idea

The DeleteSpotifyPlaylists.exe script that Juniper7997 posted does not seem to work anymore. I have come up with a script that works well enough for my purposes. You will need to customize it to your purposes. It uses a tool called AutoIT _https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/)

;script starts here

Local $i = 0
While $i <= 9999
   MouseClick("", 98, 477, 1)
   sleep(1000)
   Send ("{DELETE}")
   sleep(1000)
   Send ("{ENTER}")
WEnd

;script ends here

You will need to adjust the "mouseclick" coordinates (98, 477) to match your screen resolution. You can use the "autoit windows info" tool to get those coordinates.

The "9999" variable determines how many times the click-delete-enter loop runs.

Compile the script into an .exe and launch the spotify GUI app. Then launch the compiled .exe

Thank you so much! I was able to delete 1000+ playlists this way. I had to tweak the script a bit so that it didn't accidentally start autoplaying albums at random. This is what I ended up doing:

;script starts here

Local $i = 0
While $i <= 1000 
   MouseClick("", 98, 477, 1)
   sleep(1000)
   Send ("{DELETE}")
   sleep(1000)
   Send ("{ENTER}")

$i = $i + 1

sleep(1000)
WEnd

;script ends here

I find it amusing that Spotify has had this problem for seven years and the solution they went with was "let customers write code and compile their own exe...if they can!"

Hubdreds upon hundreds of playlists have ruined my Spotify experience for as long as I can remember (ever since they first introduced the playlist import — I think around 2009-2010 if memory serves). This is the main reason I always tire of using the clients. It's just such a sloppy attitude. 

The programmers I know at Spotify are very talented, but I doubt very much that they're hacking away on the obj-c frontend. Even so, it's the ux designer that's to blame when they tell the dev. team to completely ignore desktop app interface conventions. 

Suggested posts