iMac Black Screen

Solved!

iMac Black Screen

Premium

Belgium

Late 2013 iMac

Operating System High Sierra

system is in Dutch.

First, I'm aware of all the other topics but none helped so far.

Spotify works fine on my Macbook, but after deleting and installing it for about 5 times now it still gives a black screen. Turning off Hardwareacceleration doesn't help.

When I go and look in the librabry - caches, there is nothing that has to do with spotify. Maybe it's somewhere else but I can't find it. Restarting mac didn't help either.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-14 om 12.22.53.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

If possible, could you try to create another user account in your Mac and installing Spotify there? Could you check if thread to see if it helps? Have you tried with another internet connections? 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

If possible, could you try to create another user account in your Mac and installing Spotify there? Could you check if thread to see if it helps? Have you tried with another internet connections? 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Didn't know how to find these cacche files! Good to know! Solved it!
Thanks for the fast reply.

Suggested posts