Premium

Country

UK

Device

iMac desktop v 10.13.4 High Sierra

Operating System

v 10.13.4 High Sierra

My Question or Issue

Running Spotify via an app on the above desktop machine - everytime i start it up Spotify either takes at least 10 minutes to start up or doesnt start at all. I'll get the page with side banners but no centre content or search facility. Previously i've logged this as a complaint and have been brushed off with either they know about it or they've never heard of it before. They advise deleting cache and storeage files. This is pathetic. There's obviously an issue as there's plenty of posts on forums about it but they're not bothered about desktop just mobile systems. Is it worth the £10.00 a month  errr no as it doesn't work. Any solutions out there please? Thanks

3 Replies

Hi @rwitherington, and welcome to the community!

First of all, I recommend performing a clean install of Spotify on the platform you're using. You can find instructions to do that here.

If this does not solve your issues, I'd ask that you please provide me with some more information about your Mac. If you click the Apple logo, then select About This Mac, providing the model (e.g. iMac 27inch) and year (e.g. Early 2014) would be a big help!

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.

Oh i've reinstalled Spotify many times in order to allieviate this issue but it's never worked. In the past i've had replies from Spotify saying it's a known issue and they're working on it, but nothing's ever done. Personally i don't see why i pay £9.99 per month for something that doesn't work properly. If i bought a toaster and had to repair it every month i'd not consider that a good purchase. Seems they're more bothered in mobile rather than desktop basically......

Hi @rwitherington,

Thanks for your reply. In your reinstall process, did you also delete the Spotify cache as it states under the instructions?

Also, could you please provide me with some more information about your Mac. If you click the Apple logo, then select About This Mac, providing the model (e.g. iMac 27inch) and year (e.g. Early 2014) would be a big help!

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.

Suggested posts