Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTunes to Spotify

iTunes to Spotify

I have a pretty large iTunes library and want to move it all over to Spotify. I've downloaded the spotify desktop app, selected iTunes from the appropriate spotify settings as the source of my music but all I get access to are my playlists and not my music library. All the music I want to migrate is stored on the hard disk of my Macbook. I see that Google play has the ability to import an entire iTunes library - what cant I do this in Spotify?

1 Reply

Hello, If you're just wanting to use Spotify on the same computer that has all the local song files from iTunes you can simply add it as a local directory and all the songs in that folder should appear, however they might not be in albums, but rather a long list. If you'd like to make a playlist specific to any local song, simply do so from wthin Spotify and drag the songs to said playlist. If you do NOT want local files to be played but rather an online playlist then choose "iTunes" from that same preference. There might be some limitations to the parent folder as far as i've seen Spotify doesn't play too well with sub folders within your local music folder. Hope I helped in some way! 

Did I answer your questions or help you in any way? Please consider giving me Kudos or simply hitting 'Accept as solution' to help others. Hope you have a wonderful day~

Twitch | Follow Me on Spotify

Suggested posts