Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files wont download to mac

local files wont download to mac

Hi- I have a premium subscription in the US and have not been able to download local files to my macbook air (iOS Big Sur). 

I downloaded both the mp3 and mp4 versions of the youtube video that I want to put in my library and have tried logging out of my account on my laptop and using a hotspot from my phone to download but none of this has worked so far. When I download the playlist the local files is on, none of the other songs turn green and no download sign comes up next to the local file song. I am trying to eventually synch with my phone, but this is the problem I keep running into. 

Let me know if you can help-thanks! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 9.21.31 AM.png
3 Replies

Hi @1255549775,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If you're having issues synchronizing local files on your computer, the first suggestion we can give you is to run a clean reinstall with these steps. They will ensure your PC is free of leftover files and damaged cache.

If the issue persists after that, make sure to install or update to the latest version of QuickTime from here.

Lastly, keep in mind that files that were downloaded from unofficial sources are not permitted, so we can't ensure they will work.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, neither of those suggestions worked. I just tried both and still the songs are not downloading. Do you have any more suggestions?

Also, what do you mean by unofficial sources? Does that include downloading a video from Youtube? 

Thanks. 

Hi there @1255549775,

Thank you for your reply 🙂

It's not possible to download local files on a pc since they are already stored locally. 

If you're having issues syncing them with your phone it would be great if you can confirm if you followed the steps that's provided in this article.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts