Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[macOS Desktop - Premium] Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity

[macOS Desktop - Premium] Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity

Problem: Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity Reproduce: Search for a song, then click on results and try to sort via title, length or popularity. Headers/icons do not respond to clicks. Note: Sorting WORKS for my own playlists but not albums, compilations or search results. Already done: Completely reinstalled Spotify as per guide. at https://support.spotify.com/de/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/ Device: MacBook Air 2018, 10.14.5 OSX Spotify: Premium App version of Spotify: 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904
Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 14.58.41.png
5 Replies

Hey @nitramwin.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Certain playlists need to be played in the right order. It's up to the Artist or playlist creator to decide if the playlist can be shuffled or not. You could try dragging the songs into one of your own playlists where you should be able to decide the order.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I want to be able to sort to see compare track lengths or popularity. The feature is broken. 

Hello @nitramwin,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of sorting being temporarily disabled. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the update on this. I used the sort by length option many times to make sure I was getting the longest version of a song in a search result. I'm anxiously awaiting its return! 

This isn't the first time this feature has disappeared. It's so annoying in the life of this app to have it come and go so much. Is it possible for you guys to keep the stuff that's working?

Suggested posts