Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

.mp3 file greyed out when trying to import local files

.mp3 file greyed out when trying to import local files

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Pro 2019

Operating System: MacOS

The .mp3 file I want to import is greyed out, I have reinstalled the file in question, downloaded the same song from a different source, reinstalled Spotify and restarted my mac; nothing has worked. 

ExampleExampleVersion numberVersion number

3 Replies

Hey @Feyomarseille,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you give the steps here a go and perform a clean reinstall of the app on your device?  They are more thorough than a regular reinstall and make sure that no corrupted files remain that might be the reason for such behavior. You should also remove all playlists with imported files and start the whole process from scratch using the instructions in this guide. It's a good idea this time do it over another internet connection, e.g. a mobile hotspot, if that's an option. Keep in mind that only files obtained from official sources are supported.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem as the original user and performed the clean reinstall. This did not solve my problem. Is there any other solution?

Hey @hannahrblake,

Thanks for your reply in this thread!

Can you give us more details about your device operating system? Keep in mind that files or downloads from illegal sources are not permitted. If your files are from an illegal source, this may be why it isn’t working.

Make sure the files aren’t DRM-protected. We’d recommend reading this article to find out how.

Also, you can check these questions to see if the inconvenience persists after double-checking all of them.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Until then!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts