Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music restarting when moving to a different album page.

music restarting when moving to a different album page.

as the title says, when playing an album on windows desktop, it will start from the beginning if i move to another album's page. i don't know how to best explain it but it only started happening yesterday.
21 Replies

I think I'm getting what you mean.

When I'm listening to an album - say I'm on the second track - and I move to another artist, the album won't go onto the third track but will go back to the first song. It's a bit strange, and only started a few days ago.

I think that's what you're talking about?

yes, exactly! thank you for wording it so much better. 🙂

Having the same issue on my Mac Desktop ..issue started last week , never had this issue before.

The app will not play the next song on an album but jumps back to the 1st album track  if you browse within the app to another artist or album.

I like to use the app to browse other albums and artists when playing an album. Then return to the playing album by selecting the playing album cover.

Same thing on Mac OS Desktop. I only listen to entire albums except for playlists I follow or create. Basically you can no longer browse whist listening to an album without it constantly going back to the first track no matter if you go back to the album page or not! Quite annoying actually 😞 The only way round it is to create a playlist of the album and play it from there. Total Nonsense!

The recent update changed nothing to that - shame, I was really hoping

Happens to me as well, on windows desktop. 

I did see a new MAC OS Desktop client release yesterday ...but no luck issue still on-going. "ie Back to playing  the the 1st track of an Album  at the end of the currently playing track ,if you browse to another artist or ablum"

so, after the last update, issue is still present. 😞

Same issue on my Windows 10. When are they gonna fix this?

Also happening for me on Windows 10.

It seems like it's been fixed! Wow! I'm probably quite nerdy as I get excited by these discoveries. Noticed following latest version downloaded 🙂 Yes I am happy

i just installed the update... so far, so good. thanks for the heads-up!

(edit: there seems to be a visual bug. right song plays, but the speaker icon and green text point to a previously played song.)

hearttest.jpg

It's still happening for me - not sure if I've got the update yet. What is the version number of your client? (Help > About)

Mine is 1.0.43.123.g80176796

Edit: Downloading the client from the site - now 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1

Still happening for me. Exact steps:

1. Go to an album and start playing a track other than the first.

2. Go to another album page but don't play anything on it.

3. Now go back to the current playing track's album (can be done by clicking the track name on the bottom left).

4. Skip to next track. It'll go back to the start of the album.

Gif showing it happening: http://i.imgur.com/t6ra6Ps.gif

my current version is 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 as well. still testing...

Confirming 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 is the current version that is working for me.

No issues as yet, well none related to this matter.

i'm still experiencing this issue. 😞

how can this be reported so Spotify can look into it?

i've been using version 1.0.45.182.gbbd5909f for about an hour, with no issues. will keep testing.

hey all. version 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6 still has this problem. this time, after my wi-fi disconnected, the album started replaying and not resumed from the track that had been paused.

hey people. version 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f, and still having this problem. sigh.

Contrary to my previous post, things have returned to being silly again. This issue only occurs when you listen to an album from the "entire album view". Basically if you just listen to an album from the artist page, my experience is you can browse other pages. It doesn't skip back to the beginning of the album. This is what I have ascertained so far. But then it seems a newer version is out from the comment made by unseenlarks 

Suggested posts