Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new interface an improvement?!?

new interface an improvement?!?

New interferface - released Feb 2017, don't know what day.

Desktop interface is terrible. Much harder to add songs to playlists. Can't see as many songs in one go during searches. Don't know who thought this was a good idea.

And it stops playing often. *Really* annoying.

12 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the changes in the recent Spotify update.

No worries! We'll be sure to pass on all your comments to the right team.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hello I logged in my spotify online player today and everything is missing.

Most of the things I use are gone.

-Recommended for you / according to artists I listen to

-Arrange my artists with chronological order

-See the albums in total and scroll down to find songs. Now I have to go album by album.

Is there a way to use the old interface?

It probably makes sence when used via a mobile device but via a computer it is just really bad...

Maybe I could learn to live with this space-wasting mobile-like new design, although I'm really not a fan. Hiding information like the length of songs or removing the ability to properly sort or arrange collections is just way too much streamlining for my taste. But removing essential functionality like the queue or radio and seriously hampering the way of discovering new music is a deal-breaker for me. I suppose that spotify collected sufficient data to merit those alterations. Perhaps they found out, that 99% of all users don't use queues on a regular basis or sth. along those lines, but I did.

I just cancelled my premium subscription because of those changes. The web player was my only option at work and now it's an ergonomic nightmare, barely functional and it lacks the most basic features even when compared to media players from the 90ies.

It seems the same thing happened to me, the new interface on the Desktop version isn't really something i like.

There's a lot of things missing, like when before we clicked on our user and all the options apperead on the Settings page like Language, Offline mode, Private Session, Gapless, Music Quality, etc. Now it's completly empty, the only thing there is Log Out and View account.

Also the lenght of the music and the minutes playing is gone and this is just what i remenber. I haven't updated the mobile app yet and probably wont, if this is what is looks like in the Desktop version then maybe the mobile app will be worst.

Same here.

Logged in today (Chrome) just to get redirected to the https://open.spotify.com (the new layout) instead of the usual https://play.spotify.com (the good old layout). According to Spotify, it seems, I've been chosen to "take part in an experiment" (read more here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-tha... ) and have my web-player and user experience changed...
Well, I DO NOT want this.
So, Spotify - please revert this back, so I can use my old play.spotify.com on Chrome ASAP (IE's working fine, sure - but hey, guess what: I'm not interested).

Thanks.
PB

Oh man I thought I was the only one having the music issues.

Not sure why Spotify decided to comepletely change the layout at once rather than makes small changes over time. It's never a good move for a website >:/

Hopefully they listen to us and work out all of the awful kinks.

It seems the new spotify web player layout return yet again!!!

a few days after the last change thankfully the layout return to the "older" versions of it, and that version is basically perfect!!! 

unfortunatelly today - 31th of March - the "new" version of the layout return again!!

this time it has the time on the music currently playing and there are 4 options on the configuration page... but the options all point to the main spotify website! This is horrible!!! What happened to the previous configuration page? I want that back, it has a lot more options! and where is the panel that allowed me to see what the others are listening to??Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

The new interface is absolutely atrocious! 

Bring back the old version!!! I can no longer search S Club Juniors without the entire office seeing what I'm looking for! I'm a 28 year old man for christ sake.

Jesus wept.

I can only echo the sentiments of other posters.

The new layout is absolutely awful for someone using a desktop computer.

The layout maximizes space inefficiency! Song title, artist and album should all be on ONE line in the same size font! Completely unnecessary to have album cover and giant pause button, wastes about 30% of screen space.
Where is the queue function?
When adding a song to a playlist instead of being able to rightclick add to play list and then selecting the playlist from the list, you now get a popup with these giant PLAYLIST TILES.
Did spotify learn nothing from the bull**bleep** that was the windows 8 release? DESKTOP USERS DON'T NEED TILES, we have a mouse (or at the very least trackpad).

Please offer the option to revert to the previous and superior layout if you really want to maximize user experience.

Kind regards,
an annoyed user

This new UI is a travesty. Is it designed for geriatrics with eye cancer? Because it might be overkill even if so. Please fix this ASAP. If this is a test then it's a fail. Don't even go back to the drawing board though. Just throw this in the garbage and go home. It's worthless and is not an improvement in ANY category. It is actively inferior to the old version across the board. Who thought this was a good idea? Fire that guy and everyone who likes or listens to that guy.

Does anyone know if this UI change is for the 'Free' Spotify account??

I hope there is full featured list desktop application that has the old layout, functionality and play counts for music?? Perhaps only for a pay account???

I just replied to this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/no-radio-option-on-android-mobile/m-p/3571145#M98249. I believe it will help clarify things a bit.

In short it seems the new and terrible UI is for free accounts and not paid subscribers. Perhaps it's an effort to get more people to subscribe by limiting the functionality of the app if you don't. As far as I'm concerned, Spotify is not the only good music app there is. If this turns out to be true, I'll use another app on principle alone.

Suggested posts