Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no way to go to recently played podcasts

no way to go to recently played podcasts

Premium / USA / all devices

Every other way I have of listening to podcasts (youtube, apple) allows me to quickly visit recently played episodes. Spotify doesn't, I have to search the episode name again.

13 Replies

Hi @theOtherUser,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You should be able to see which episodes have been played and the progress of episodes you haven't finished watching when you click on a certain podcast page.

If you don't see this we'd recommend running a clean reinstall, following this guide.

If you'd like to see a change in the interface of the app and thing that other users might enjoy it as well, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This UX is so bad I cannot believe it was done by a billion-dollar company.

If I'm listening to a podcast, pause it and then listen to some music. If I want to come back where I left in the podcast there is no simple way to do it.

I need to go to the podcast page and search that specific episode in between the dozens or hundreds of other episodes manually (If I don't recall the episode's name). Terrible UX!

In this case, I'm talking about Joe Rogan's podcast as my particular experience, but it applies to any other. When I was following him on YouTube it was So Simple to just search for recently played episodes and ten continue listening. But here in Spotify, it is a massive pain to do such a basic and highly needed feature.

I installed the app a couple of weeks ago so it's quite new, checked for updates, and yet no way to do it. There is not a small little clock on the top right corner of the home screen either. I'm using iOS in an iPhone 11.

Hey there @Oscar_Panczenko

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we will make sure to pass it onto the right teams as it helps inform our decisions going forward. 

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What's the progress on this, over half a year later? I was listening to JRE #5 or something, of course I can't know for sure because I had been listening to music at home and when I get back to the office there's no way to know what podcast I listened to. I could scroll through over 1500 episodes to get to the bottom and find out exactly where I was, I guess that's the best solution Spotify could come up with?

Jesus Christ... How hard is it to implement a history page???????

And what about a search function within a podcast page???? If I'm looking for an episode of a specific podcast by searching a guest's name I'm not interested in all the other irrelevant stuff Spotify comes up with in the current search results...

Hey there @Sugkukspotifyy,

Thank you for your reply.

You can use the sorting options to change the order of the podcast by date.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is ridiculous. Such a simple function.

I was listening to a podcast episode, don't remember the number of the episode. Then I listened to some music while going for a run. How to find my way back to the episode I was listening to earlier? It is true that the episodes listed to show a status bar that shows that the episode has been listened to. But since the podcast has hundreds of episodes and this pitfall has repeated so many times there are many many half way played episodes. The Spotify app is just about useless because of this. I can't believe I'm still paying for Spotify.

You can resume a podcast by clicking it under your Shows for mobile.

The episode might well be in the folder "Your Episodes" but which one is it? There are many episodes in there.

**bleep** this is the most annoying. Enough to drive me off the platform. When you follow a podcast that has hundreds of episodes, it takes SO much time to return to where you left off. All other poscast platforms have this ux so Spotify, catch up. A very basic requirement for good ux. 

2024 and this is still not a feature.

Spotify is not a suitable platform for podcasts.

I've just started listening to podcasts on Spotify, and the lack of this feature, not being able to go to the podcast I've been listening to quickly, is absolutely tiring. People have been asking this for years, why does it take so long to implement something so basic? 

Suggested posts