Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

older G4 Macs

Solved!

older G4 Macs

Spotify still works on my G4 laptop but the message every day that "spotify updates will no longer be available soon on this platform" worry me - should I be thinking of selling my lovely laptop sometime soon? I can't find a full length explanation of what is about to happen anywhere - could Richard C etc please expand?

61 Replies

Whoa!!... George has a majorly bad attitude... rather snarky at best. David was at least sympathetic. I guess that Spotify doesn't really care about my business or those who can't drop a grand on a new computer every year or so. I have a Mac 10.6.8... it's in my kitchen where I like to listen to music. But at 14.99 per month to listen to Spotify and listen to arrogant George tell me why I should be buying new computer so I can use the latest Spotify... REALLY?? Maybe we should all drop Spotify... if they can't have different options that support more peoples computers... there's certainly more options to listen to music than here... with more coming everyday.... I wonder if they'll acturally post this reply... maybe I'll need to go to Yelp.

Marked as solution

For anyone with a PPC mac, Spotify 0.6.6.10.gbd39032a works fine.  At time of writing (Sep 2017) the DMG that you're after is here:

http://powerpcsoftware.com/downloads/Spotify-0.6.6.10.dmg

Suggested posts