Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

once an ad plays while using shuffle, it goes back around 4 songs and repeats those same songs again

once an ad plays while using shuffle, it goes back around 4 songs and repeats those same songs again

Spotify Free

United States

Device

Macbook Air 2016 (13-inch, Early 2014)/Xbox Series X

Operating System

macOS/Xbox

My Question or Issue

Whenever I'm listening to music (both on my Macbook but also on my console) there are times where an ad will play after listening to a couple songs, but then after that ad it goes back a few songs instead of the next song on the shuffle queue. And whenever I skip, sometimes it just adds that song to the repeating queue and starts repeating the same songs with that song as a part of them. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 4.28.48 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @KangoKyobi

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If your Shuffle doesn't play as expected you might need to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your MacBook. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. Check out this help page for more details.  

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be removed. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Suggested posts