Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

permanently remove the "discover weekly" playlist?

permanently remove the "discover weekly" playlist?

Spotify -- I didn't opt into this feature. You are damaging my user content -- my playlists -- without permission.

Please tell me how to permanently remove this advertising from my "Premium" account. I pay for no ads. This is in my face at the top of my playlists forced advertising.

I am super disappointed in Spotify. A company that shows so little respect for paying customers. You didn't ask me if I wanted your crap music advertisement service, you just shoved it into my account and broke my music collection.

If you want me to move to Apple Music or another service, this is a great way to do it.

10 Replies

You can unfollow your discover weekly

(just in case: you can find it again in Browse or Discover if you want it laters)

Wow, what an embarassing over-reaction. It's obvious that it can be unfollowed like any other playlist from the context. It's hard to take customers seriously when they post things like this. Save the rage for actual problems.

@RiotKitten wrote:

Wow, what an embarassing over-reaction. It's obvious that it can be unfollowed like any other playlist from the context. It's hard to take customers seriously when they post things like this. Save the rage for actual problems.

Having a company change automatically add advertised music to my music collection is a real problem. I am a paying customer and didn't sign up for advertisements to be put into my music collection.

Because Spotify automatically subscribed me to something without my permission, I really don't know if I need to "unfollow once" or maybe it will be "unfollow once per week". I want a setting that is "no automatic changes to my account".

Hi, I have tried to unfollow this but I waasnt following it in the first place, hoew can I make it disapear? or at least get the image changed (photo of me and ex partner haha) assuming its took it from facebook, i have tried signing out and in again no luck.

this is the same problem i have, I CAN'T Get rid of it! it's so annoying! I disconnected it to facebook and changed my picture but it's still there **bleep**

Hey @aracarin25!

We can help you out changing your Discover Weekly image. Get in touch with us via this contact formYou can also find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Give us a shout, we'll be waiting for your message 🙂

That is also my problem. You choose image from my FB and placed it into weekly choosen for you. Of course that was picture of  my ex-girlfriend (nobody asked for permission here). No possibillity to change it although this foto doesn't exist on FB anymore - one and ony solution is disconnect your spotify with FB.  Kind regards

22323958_593385310832064_699677956_o.jpg

No possbility to disconnect from FB cos account was created through FB 😞 no possibility to change a single foto on "weekly discovered" in your spotify app on smartphone.

Drop it in a folder somewhere and forget about it. I had to go looking for mine, and after a search finally located it in a giant blob of random people's mixtapes. Bear in mind that there are lots of things you can't do on a smartphone which can easily be accomplished on a real computer, and this is one of them.

If i pay for something then i demand. Solution that went out from support was: transfer account to the other account, unsubscribe premium, then subscribe on other account...all that to change foto. How about give this feature to user? I don't see option "move folder to" on my app sorry.

Suggested posts