Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

phone listening/computer controlling keeps disconnecting devices, won't let me reconnect

phone listening/computer controlling keeps disconnecting devices, won't let me reconnect

At work, I like to listen from my phone, but control from my computer. It is easier to control this way and allows me to get up and move around when needed. I'm not using WIFI to connect the phone and computer with Spotify Connect. The phone shows up in the list of devices and plays fine for a while, but then will randomly stop playing. If I go to the app on my computer I can push play again, but will start playing on the computer instead of my phone, and it no longer shows multiple devices available(shows link for spotify connect info). If I push play on my phone, it will insist I am listening on my mac, when I am not. I can reconnect it at this point but a short while later will disconnect me again. I have to stop and play multiple times before it reconnects and allows me to control the phone from computer. How do I make it play from my phone without connecting it to WIFI and stay consistent with control from my computer?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Android LG Stylo

Operating System

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

This keeps happening to me too! Ever since I got my new phone. Is there a way to follow this question so I can see if someone gives an answer//solution?

Suggested posts