"Can't play current track" after pausing

Highlighted

Re: "Can't play current track" after pausing

Casual Listener

Started for me, with exact same symptoms about 2 weeks ago. Using the same headphones (SONY XM3) for more than year now and don't think it has anything to do with the bluetooth connection. 

Symptom does not replicate on phone / CarPlay.

This is becoming very frustrating. Paying quite a lot for a family /premium subscription, don't see why I should restart the application  every time I need to pause the music!

Highlighted

Visitor

I've realized that this happens mostly if I'm listening with any Bluetooth audio.
If I'm with wireless headphones, airpods etc, pause the music OR start playing a youtube video/whatsapp audio, I go back to spotify and I can't listen to anything anymore, I always have to restart it. It's a pain.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I solved using right mouse button on the spotify icon on the dock (right mouse, pause, right mouse, play).
If using this spotify resumes always paused music.
Let me know if this works also for you (macbook pro early 2015)
Highlighted

Music Fan
Yes, happening for me as well and yes I'm using Bluetooth computer speakers.
Highlighted

Same problem here on Mac OS 10.15.4 (and before) using Sony WH-1000MX3 headphones.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem here. I'm on Desktop v1.1.31.703.g256add22, macOS v10.15.4 using Sony MDR-XB950N1 headphones.

Highlighted

Visitor
same here, using MacBook 2014mid 10.14.5 and Spotify version 1.1.31.703.g256add22.
I tried using bose QC-35 and airpods 2, the symptom stays still. It is pretty annoying.Lol... Hope they can find what is going on there soon
Highlighted

Yes, the same happens to me, I'm using Bluetooth Sony WH-1000XM3 and I pause, to answer a call or to see another media, I received that message and I need to restart the app.

Is there any answer to that? It's happening a long time, maybe I didn't search enough

Highlighted

Music Fan

No, that bug is there for a year, maybe even more 😞

Highlighted

Regular
Yeah this is a pretty new thread about it, i've seen older ones about the same problem. hopefully the more people we get to contribute maybe Spotify will notice. I think just using the web app used to fix this problem but the desktop app is so much better so i would prefer if they fixed it or someone found a way to get it to work.
SUGGESTED POSTS