Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Couldn't load friends to follow"

"Couldn't load friends to follow"

My find firnds function doesn't work anymore. I have tried re install spotify. still no luck . I am on a macbook pro.

It did work 6 months ago, but was sometimes unwilling to load. now it doesn't load at all...Any surgestions...
Trinelise In Copenhagen

Skærmbillede 2019-04-02 kl. 19.08.00.png
6 Replies

This happened to me and I just discovered a fix.

When you link your Facebook account on the desktop application, you don't grant Spotify any special permissions, and it can't access your friends.

When you login in via Facebook through the mobile app, then Facebook asks if Spotify can have access to your friends list.  Once you allow access on the mobile app, this feature will work on the Desktop app.

A silly bug, but at least there is a workaround.

So, as I don't use the mobile app, only desktop, any other workaround?

Thanks,

You need only log on through the Spotify mobile app once to grant it the permissions it needs from Facebook.  After that, the desktop app will work perfectly and you can uninstall the mobile app and never think about it again.

Hey there @llagos,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this.

If your account is created through Facebook and you don't have access to the mobile app to follow the steps @122285423 suggested, no worries! You can still follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer from a desktop device.

@trinelise: If you're still having troubles seeing this error message on Spotify, we'd also suggest following the steps provided in the Spotify Answer above - they should do the trick.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi yawl..
My post is 11 month old. At the time I really needed an answer, but got none. and I could see loads of other people had the same question.
NOW however, I have solved the problem.
So my surgestion, as a helpdesk.. speed it up.. good day to you..TL

This solution Worked for me. Thank you! this has been driving me crazy.

Suggested posts