Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" are broken

"Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" are broken

My Discover Weekly playlist keeps showing me artists I already follow/I already liked songs of, and my Release Radar keeps showing me artists that I have expressed I have no interest in MULTIPLE TIMES, by clicking on the "Don't Like" icon. It's been going on for months now.

Is there a way to reset the algorithm, so it takes into account my actual preferences?

1 Reply

Hey there @tomgtl

I can understand your struggle, as I also get artists in my Discover Weekly who I already follow. 

Аlthough there is no way to reset the algorithm, you can use some other ways to discover new music, I'll point them here.

• Use the Browse > Discover section. There you can find Top Recommendations, as well similar artists based on the ones you're listening the most. 
  • Listen to Radios based on artist or a playlist. It is also a very good way to find new music.
  • Try to follow more artists, the more you follow the more songs and variety of artists you'll have in your Release Radar. 
  • Go to the Fans Also Like tab on the artist page. It is a good way to find similar artists to the one you like.

If you're interested in sorting and discovering new music in general, you can also read this article.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts