Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Downloading of offline songs failed. Maybe the disk is full?" despite premium on Mac Desktop

"Downloading of offline songs failed. Maybe the disk is full?" despite premium on Mac Desktop

Student

Premium

USA

Macbook Pro 15-inch Mid-2015

Mac OS Mojave

Spotify Version: 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9

Despite having plenty of room on my computer, I have been unable to download songs to my Mac desktop since having my subscription. I have been able to download songs to my iPhone during this time. I have changed the folder to many different locations on my Mac with no success in any. I logged in to Spotify on another Mac and the songs downloaded with no problem. I also have tried without a firewall without success, and have no anti-virus installed. When I log into a friend's account with premium on my computer, the downloads fail.

Anybody have any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 9.47.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 9.48.35 PM.png
2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

i'm having the exact same problem!

songs stop when it reaches 0:07 seconds, then they give me the top blue banner saying they can't play the current song right now! also the downloading is not working anymore.. all that made me stop using Spotify on laptop for a while now!

i have a premium subscription and i have space on my MacBook, also listening on my iPhone is as smooth as ever! 

please find a solution, i've been up with the latest Spotify versions on Macbook but it seems like this problem is not being solved 😞

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.53.02 PM.png

Suggested posts