Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Find Friends" not working

"Find Friends" not working

I get an endless spinning wheel when trying to locate friends to follow and see what they are listening to. My spotify is connected to my facebook. I even went as far as to delete the app from within facebook, uninstall the mac spotify app, reinstall it and reconnect spotify to facebook and it's still the same thing...

Any help here?

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 9.07.17 PM.png
4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

If it still persists could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have restarted, I have reinstalled and I have also followed the teriminal commands and nothing has changed. It is also this way for me on Android, I will just error out and say try again on android when looking for friends, on my Mac it just gets a spinning wheel forever with the word "follow". None of these solutions have helped.

Here is my app version and my OS version.

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.51.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.52.07 AM.png

Hey @LeftHandPath.

Spotify's aware of this issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic, if you're having a similar issue, where they gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. They'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks!

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net

done, but no changes. :still no radio.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 08.07.59 (2).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 00.34.22 (2).png

Suggested posts