Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Hide this Song" does not work on playlist radio

"Hide this Song" does not work on playlist radio

Premium, US

macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Mac mini Mid-2010

I've been having this issue across multiple devices (all Macs) for the last few months. I've seen other posts about it, and I see that it has been marked as resolved, but I'm still having the issue. When listening to songs on playlist radio, clicking the "Hide this Song" button (🚫) does nothing. I don't get any errors nor dialog boxes. This has become very frustrating; not being able to tell Spotify that I don't like a song has resulted in the same songs being played over and over on the playlist radio. Any help would be appreciated. 

I tried taking a look at the network traffic in Wireshark after clearing the app's cache (~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client) and machine's DNS cache, and I don't see any failed or blocked DNS queries. I'm not able to see the traffic since it's TLS, and local debugging proxies (Burp Suite) don't work either since the app refuses to connect to the proxy server due to an invalid certificate (which makes sense). 

1 Reply

Hey there @joshhonig,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

The issue you're describing sounds like the one reported in this Ongoing Issue

In this case, rest assured that our tech teams are currently looking into this.

We'd recommend adding your +VOTE there and subscribing to the thread so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this. We'll keep you posted through status updates there!

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts