Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"New Music Friday"--get original order

Solved!

"New Music Friday"--get original order

I accidentally clicked on the Artist header in the New Music Friday playlist and now I have it alphabetical by artist instead of the original order (with the biggest stars on top). Can switch to the other headers--track title (alphabetical), length--but can't figure out how to get the original order. Does anyone know how to restore that? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @PaidCustomer666,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

To restore the original order of tracks within a playlist after selecting one of the “sort” headers, you can click twice on the “sort” header that is currently selected, such that the green arrow icon next to it disappears and the original order of tracks in the playlist is restored.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @PaidCustomer666,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

To restore the original order of tracks within a playlist after selecting one of the “sort” headers, you can click twice on the “sort” header that is currently selected, such that the green arrow icon next to it disappears and the original order of tracks in the playlist is restored.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This was helpful. But I think Spotify should make the selection of default sort more intuitive. I'd suggest in the "..." menu for the playlist you add a sort by default option or some other way thats spells it out. I'm going to forget this trick by next week.

Suggested posts