Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Next Up" Repopulates upon completion

"Next Up" Repopulates upon completion

How can I reset the "Next Up" section so that I can add to the queue and have the music stop when the queue is done?

I've wound up in the rabbit hole by trying to figure out the proper way to queue an album while I am already listening to an album.

Things I've learned:

I can't click play on an album, and then queue an album after it. The second album is queued after the currently playing track. This is by design, apparently.

According the multiple posts, the correct way would be to add the first album to the queue and then add the second album to the queue.

When trying to do it this way, the original album stays in the "Next Up" section. This means after the 2 queued albums play, the original album picks up where I started queuing. Even further, when the "Next Up" songs complete, they are added to the "Next Up" section again! It is impossible to start from a clean slate!

How can I reset the "Next Up" section so that I can add to the queue and have the music stop when the queue is done?

1 Reply

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. To reset your Queue you will have to quit Spotify and reopen it and your Queue should be emptied. If that doesn't work. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. If that doesn't work try Clean reinstall. Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Hope this Helps!

P.S. If you would like Spotify Developers to add this feature on erasing your queue you can add your idea to the "idea submissions page" And from there they will evaluate your idea to see if it is good to add.

Suggested posts