Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

macOS

My Question or Issue

Everytime I want to play a song the error "Spotify can't play this right nowIf you have the file on your computer you can import it" appears. What can I do? Is it a local problem on my MacBook or a problem with network settings (firewall/ port)?

Thanks ahead!

2 Replies

Hey @mbo2.

Thanks for reaching out. We're happy to help.

We first suggest that you do a quick reinstall for a fresh start and to ensure that you have the latest Spotify version. This means that you'll have to re-download any music you've saved for offline use. 

If that doesn't work, try putting the file in another folder and use that folder as a source for local files from your app's settings. Rename the file if necessary to something that only contains letters and spacing, without any special characters.

If you're having trouble synchronizing the tracks between devices, try using mobile hotspot to connect the devices to the same network. If there's too many local files, try with just a few, create a test playlist.

Have a nice day!

I installed it freshly and nothing changed. I do not want to listen to offline music. I just want to sream music like normal, but everytime the same message appears. 

Can it may have something todo with our network settings? Because in our office colleagues with windows machines are having the same troubles.

Suggested posts