Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now." Songs stop after seconds.

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right now." Songs stop after seconds.

I have tried everything I've seen here: deleted the Library files, restarted the app, reinstalled the app.
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4, Macbook Pro 13-inch 2017.Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 19.58.42.png

139 Replies

Spotify won't work on the app today. After I click on a track either it won't play or it'll play for a few seconds then stop. A lot of times after those occur it'll skip to the next track then the same things happen again. Sometimes the songs would play from start to finish but most of the time it doesn't work. It's weird. Just the other day the app worked perfectly well. What happened? I've been using Spotify for more than a year and this is the only time these hassles occurred. It's very frustrating and very annoying. I hope Spotify fixes these issues soon and they never happen again.

And it's not just me. Here's a link showing a number of people with the same problems. Look at the comments section below under "Spotify reports": https://downdetector.com/status/spotify

Capture.JPG

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

MacBook Air

Operating System

MacOS mojave

My Issue

Sometimes when I play a song("Yam" by "Satori") on the Mac app, I see a blue bar across the top that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."
It works fine on iOS with exactly the same song.

Can anybody check if there is a server issue with Globe Telecom? I'm experiencing the same thing here that I resolved with a VPN.

When I start the first song on an album it starts, but the sound are skipping.
After 3-10 seconds it jumps to track 2 (which for some reason works). 
If I try to play track 1 again I get the following error:

spotify_error-2019-07-02_10-38.png

It's Globe.

They're having an issue with their servers and nobody there is admitting it. Try a VPN and it will work.

@Carl_L wrote:

They're having an issue with their servers and nobody there is admitting it. Try a VPN and it will work.

I use a VPN full time and it doesn't work.

They are definitely having server issues of some kind right now.

It's very strange because it's acting like the internet disconnects while it is downloading and cuts out.

The same for me. I use Linux Mint 19.1. I restarted my computer, re-installed spotify. Nothing.

photo_2019-07-02_15-45-18.jpg

Windows 10, 64 bit

Plan: Premium, India

Screenshot (13).png

It has been almost 2 weeks. I have tried every single solution I could find. web player and android app works fine. 

I am another one who gets this message and can't listen to my music.  I will have to cancel my account if this doesn't get fixed.  don't want to spend $10 a month for something that doesn't work.

Unable to listen to any music, when I click the green 'play' button it just skips through all songs on playlist in 10 secs.Error Message DisplayedError Message Displayed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to look into this.

We just wanted to let you know that we're still waiting to hear back from the relevant teams.

In the meantime, if you're getting the "Current track not available/Cannot play this song" error, then you should create a new thread in the relevant help board here, since this thread is about a separate error. We'll make sure to help you out there. Feel free to include a link to that thread here so that we can find it more easily 😉

For those of you seeing the ""Spotify can't play this right now" error, we'll let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

When I click on "Go to Song Radio" the Song Radio playlist won't show up. Any solution on how to do this?

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your continued patience on the matter.

We're going to move this thread back to the help boards, since it seems that users are posting about a variety of different error messages they are seeing.

Moreover, the error message described in the thread's title can have a number of different root causes which need to be treated as separate issues.

First, we need to establish whether your issue is account- or device-specific by trying out the following:

• log in on the device using a different account
  • if that works, then the issue is account-specific
  • if not, then could you try a clean reinstall of the app?
  • if that doesn't work, could you try a different network connection?

If none of the above steps work, then we suggest you create a new thread describing your exact issue, including the troubleshooting steps you've already tried and:

• your device + OS version
  • your exact Spotify version
  • a screenshot of the error you are getting
  • a detailed description of the behaviour of the app (e.g. songs skipping after X seconds)

Thanks! 

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else here. Running on a Windows 7 machine which I have set up as a music server. Set up Spotify free version last night and chilled out to some Miles Davis for a couple of hours last night with no problems at all but today I tried to play the exact same album and the dredded blue banner popped up. Same deal, starts to play for about 5 seconds and then just scrolls through all the songs on the album and doesn't play any of them. Same with any other play list I tried. I tried logging in on my daughters account and have the same issue. I can play on my Samsung S7 phone no worries. Tried rolling back to an earlier version about 5 months old and same problem. This is clearly a major issue and seems to be doing Spotify no favors at all. I'll give it a month for a solution and then look to another app. Just glad I'm not one of the ones paying for it.

Loxer said "Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. This means that the artist hasn't made those greyed out songs avialable in your region."In that case the error mesage should say" Not available in your region".

The difficulty here is the error message is not specific. If that were addressed people would be in a beter positon to self diagnose.
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to report this here in the Community!

We realize this thread is gone a bit off topic with a variety of issues posted. It’s for this reason we’re going to lock this thread.

However, if you're experiencing an issue similar to the ones described here, just let us know in the related Help Board, like @Peter suggested in this post.

It'd be a good idea to also include any additional details of what's happening or the troubleshooting steps you've tried. We'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Hope this helps clarify things! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts