"Spotify can't play this right now." Songs stop after seconds.

Re: Windows 10 - Spotify can't play this right now.

LordoftheSith
Composer

One more thing... while you are in settings, make sure that cookie blocking is turned off.

SOME SONGS CAN'T BE PLAYED!!

timecity

Plan

Free and Premium

Country

Italy

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play all songs that I had played before a date that I can't remember....
If I search a new song I can always play it....
However with the same account on smartphone I can hear all the songs

I fixed the problem uninstalling Spotify using a program that can delete all its files remaining in my pc and downloading it again

bug spotify #1.png

"Spotify can't play this right now"

AdiposeArmy
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

Hey all, I've been trying to listen to the Warhammer Vermintide II original soundtrack by Jesper Kyd. All the songs are grayed out and I get an error message that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Trouble is that I'm on a work computer and I don't want to get local files on there. Any help would be appreciated!

As a side note, this album also won't play on my iPhone X...

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 3.16.29 PM.png

Re: All songs stop playing after 1 second.

Abering
Casual Listener

I have the same issue. The songs have stopped playing between 4-7 seconds the last weeks on my Mac, or they don't start playing at all. Spotify works fine on my iPhone. I've tried

* reinstall

* cleaning and changing location of cache file

* Changing playback quality

Macbook Pro, MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

Premium account (family)

Spotify app version: 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 01.00.14.png

Re: SOME SONGS CAN'T BE PLAYED!!

Ellistan
Music Fan

Many people on every Windows OS are having this problem.

I'm on Windows 7 and having the same issue.

Spotify needs to get their act together.

Until then, I will not hand them any money.

"can't play the current song" songs stops after six seconds

luismanzano97

Plan

Family Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

MacOS Mojave 10.14

The Spotify app stops playing any song after six seconds saying "Can't play the current song". I already reinstaled the app twice.

Re: Issues Playing non favorited songs since I canceled Premium

Hey @fozzy343.

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'd like to find out if something is wrong with your account. Do you have the option of trying a different account to see if the same thing happens?

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

'Spotify cant play this song right now...'

joeevans123
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Folks,

This is driving me nuts, I cant seem to play any song on spotify, very occasionally it works, but for the most part i get th eblue bar at the top of the app telling me that 'spotify cant play this right now....'

Im not trying to listen to playlists created with local files, im trying to play spotify generated playlists, like 'Your daily mix'. As an example im unable to listen to taylor swifts new song because of it. I hope this gets resolved quickly otherwise im ditching spotify. Hope you can help!

Re: Issues Playing non favorited songs since I canceled Premium

fozzy343
Regular

Hey Guido,

I tried a fresh install of the desktop version of Spotify and created a new account.  With the new account, everything seems to work fine.  Like I mentioned before, this problem arose after I canceled my premium on my main account.  It seems something is wrong with my account then?  As the new account seems to work fine.

Re: All songs stop playing after 1 second.

nochaser
Regular

This happend to me recently as well. All of a sudden all songs stopped playing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times and nothing worked. The web player and app on my phone still work fine. I randomly noticed that when I switch my IP adderess using a VPN the the desktop app will play songs normally. I have no idea how to resolve this at this point.

SUGGESTED POSTS