"Spotify can't play this right now." Songs stop after seconds.

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now." Songs stop after seconds.

Mel_brj
Casual Listener

Hello! 

Update: I had this issue and this week spotify was updated to v1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 - I no longer have problems with spotify 

arjanvl
Music Fan

v1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 still issues...

caffeineTX
Casual Listener
  1. Country: United States 
  2. Device model: Desktop PC: Dell Precision Tower 3430
  3. Device OS and version: Windows 10 Pro
  4. Spotify app version: 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows Store version) [I have also tried using the regular desktop app, i tried this version as an attempt to troubleshoot]
  5. Which of the above troubleshooting steps you tried: Installed/Uninstalled latest version off the website, installed windows store app, tried doing multiple things through command line and changing playback devices, restarted Steam, unplugged my printer cable, sacrificed a small lamb.
  6. (Optional) Your Internet Service Provider (ISP): AT&T

wnplpg
Casual Listener

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts - looks like Sophos might indeed be the problem.

In the end, I was so frustrated that I actually contacted Spotify via Chat (when I could eventually find it!) and the lovely Tatiana fixed everything. It took a fair while to get it done, but all good now.

DaanZ
Casual Listener

device model: Apple iMac 27" 5K retina, late 2015

Spotify app: 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17

troubleshooting: tried everything suggested (re-installing, loggin out and in, removing cache, etc.)

I only have this problem at the office. Like some others here we also have a Sophos in our network which has been updated to the latest UTM version last Wednesday. Unfortunately that didn't solve the issue. A colleague of mine has the same problem. He is on a Windows 10 machine with the latest version of the Spotify app installed.

UPDATE - problem solved (on the Sophos side)

Our systemengineer has made a list of domains that are allowed to stream. Sophos returns an error on domains that do not comply to a certain "range". Check the posts from @volleimer @DavidGOnBowen and @arjanvl for more details.

pedopan

i'm getting the same message.

1. Country - Philippines
  2. Device model - HP 280 G4 MT Business PC
  3. Device OS and version - Windows 10 Pro
  4. Spotify app version - 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17
  5. Which of the above troubleshooting steps you tried - All
  6. (Optional) Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)

bbfish

My Mac updated to 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904 a few minutes ago and now (so far) it's playing songs without the 'can't play this right now' error I've had the last few weeks.

DavidGOnBowen
Regular

@DaanZ 

Thanks - sounds interesting. Can you post the list?

David

vvieramt

Having the same issue for the past few weeks. What's up Spotify????

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting computer, other devices work (phone - Android), tried Windows 7 and 10. Please help! I am paying for Preminum subscription.

vmgm
Regular

@DaanZ wrote:

device model: Apple iMac 27" 5K retina, late 2015

Spotify app: 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17

troubleshooting: tried everything suggested (re-installing, loggin out and in, removing cache, etc.)

I only have this problem at the office. Like some others here we also have a Sophos in our network which has been updated to the latest UTM version last Wednesday. Unfortunately that didn't solve the issue. A colleague of mine has the same problem. He is on a Windows 10 machine with the latest version of the Spotify app installed.

UPDATE - problem solved (on the Sophos side)

Our systemengineer has made a list of domains that are allowed to stream. Sophos returns an error on domains that do not comply to a certain "range". Check the posts from @volleimer @DavidGOnBowen and @arjanvl for more details.

Hi,

What do you do on the Sophos UTM???

Thanks.

SUGGESTED POSTS