remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

buzztee
Casual Listener

recently my mothers iPad broke and I gave her mine until she git her new one. During that time she used Spotify Premium on my iPad and listened to a whole bunch of horrible music (read: music that´s not even close to what I like) and this totally messed up my Discover weekly playlists, Release Radar also a full daily playlist. Is there a way to manually remove the unwanted artists and songs she listened to so my Spotify account is not scaring me anymore when after a DnB song suddenly German Schlager kicks in?

I already went through the  followed artists lists etc....

25 Replies

Re: remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

ItsJamesJ
Community Legend

Hey!

Unfortunately, there currently is no way of doing this.

My suggestion would be to continue listening to your music taste over and over, and Spotify's algorithms will detect you're no longer interested in your mother's music taste. As such, will stop them from appearing in your Discover Weekly/Release Radar.

Hope this helps :)

- James

buzztee
Casual Listener

That´s what I figured. Found a whole bunch of similar complaints here in the forums and all over the internet and the option to either ban artists, delete songs from history or reset a daily mix in general should definitely be offered.

Kinda disappointing when such an awesome feature like the daily mixes, discover weekls etc. is messed up. Degrades my Spotify experience a lot....

ItsJamesJ
Community Legend

Sorry to hear that :(

Unfortunately, that's not an option right now.

This Idea may be what you're after, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Add-like-or-dislike-button-to-per...

If you vote on it, it's got more chances of being implemented :)

- James

DML71
Gig Goer

Well in two years of not listening to certain artists they still creep up relentlessly. How hard is a dislike button to implement?

djshw

The problem with this technique is that it is a vicious circle.  If you use Release Radar, these artists will play and you will hear them and they'll be added back into the mix.  So, you have to take a break from many of the great song picking algorithms Spotify offers.  Which is really the only reason to chose Spotify over any other service.

My niece listened to pentatonix on my account like 3 years ago and I've suffered ever since.

familyscowcroft

Yes, I too had my son use our Spotify Account which we upgraded to a family account and now we keep getting Thrash Metal interspersed with Italian guitar and Chopin!!! Not ideal at all. I too have been listening to my music for a long time now and it still happens...! 

Come on Spotify, pull your "Like and Not Like" thumbs out

Highlighted

EssKayKay
Casual Listener

I too am receiving songs (primarily on my Release Radar) that I have no interest in. Here’s what happened in my case:

There was one song I was particularly interested in and had listened to a few times – Stars & Scars by Point Blank circa 1977. The problem is Point Blank (a Southern rock band) disbanded 1984. However there now is a Hip-Hop band with the same name. Henceforth, I am now continually getting these nonsense songs with their constant swearing, use of the N-word, sexual content, etc. of which I have no use for. To add to this quandary is I do not know which songs/groups are Hip-Hop genre. So, as I progress through the Release Radar song list I inadvertently open up songs of extreme displeasure, which in order causes Spotify to assume this is music of my pleasure and slams me with more of this garbage.

PLEASE SPOTIFY – YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS….

MrDWilson
Regular

Have this exact same problem. It is a vicious loop which is growing within my release radar now, with multiple artists I hate slipping in, being played when I listen to the playlist at work, and appearing again next week. All I would like is a 'block artist', as I tend to get specific artists rather than genres, like Eminem, Ed Sheeran, Snoop Dog, all of which I have 0 interest in listening to.

Chrutidagoya
Casual Listener

Arrgh, me too, some death metal is beeing played again and again. I can't stand it, but can't remove it either.
I just cancelled my account, and I guess I will have to change the provider too (amazon? ) or make me a complete new account, new email address, credit-card number?  **bleep**, what a bull**bleep**....

SUGGESTED POSTS