remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

Highlighted

Re: remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

karro4real
Regular

Or at least - add a "Dislike" button to the "Release radar" list.

I usually start the list and leave it in the background, so, whenever David Guetta plays his newest _choon_ to me, I've technically "listened" to it even if only for 10 seconds, and Spotify decides that I'm a diehard fan :(

xmyownrivalx
Casual Listener

Why not just have everyone have their own spotify account? Then there will be no mixed songs.

Chrutidagoya
Casual Listener
well, you give your phone to someone because he wants to show you a song, and BAMMM! it's on your account. I didn't know that before.

My solution was canceling the account. No more spotify in my household since a couple months now.

Fu** Spotify!!!

Blutoman70

Ok. My first post included the word "**bleep**" so I should have used **bleep**. **bleep** is a donkey from the English language, Webster's, Oxford, and Cambridge dictionaries from what I see and my comment would have been light using donkey as a desCription of having to listen to James Taylor and being able to block his "artistry or laziness" and following the lazy **bleep** music writing that shouldn't be played other than the one hit to lift (but anybody could cover it and it will hit the Mark). So is there a way to ensure I don't have to run and skip when my phone is playing Spotify at another's home and just by chance good 'Ole Jimmy Taylor comes up to my shame? Please let me know. And update your 'bad word' database because who's the donkey here

k7n4n5t3w4rt
Casual Listener

Oh dear God. A friend helpfully told my Google Home in my kitchen to play a particular album of acoustic guitar songs. Now Spotify thinks I LOVE acoustic guitar and "hey Google, play some music" ALWAYS starts some dreadful middle of the road acoustic nightmare. Then, Google misheard me when I asked for a particular playlist and now I have some random hip hop deep soul thing in my daily mix. And apparently, IT WILL BE THIS WAY FOREVER. I seriously don't think I can wait for the fix. This just broke Spotify for me.

k7n4n5t3w4rt
Casual Listener

Hey, there's a   🚫 button next to the track in my Daily Mix with "Don't play artist..." as an option!

Vinylaria
Casual Listener

The idea of just leaving it to Spotify's algorithms to 'learn' (poster #2 or such) is remarkable, since Spotify's algorithms didn't detect that certain artists are not played anymore (as described in several comments here) nor does it make any use of the fact that certain artists are always skipped when they come up in the Release Radar, after having played them once, and only partially. The algorithm that predicts what I like musically is yet to be developed. 

thebritgirl

Amazing that people have been complaining about this for years and yet, Spotify does nothing…

My temporary solution is that I start the release radar / weekly mixtape and then go to "Queue" and manually delete everything by Sia (I'm sorry I listened to one of her albums once or twice three years ago!) and other artists I don't want there.

Another suggestion: Please give us the option to completely ban remixes from all personalized playlists. I don't listen to electronic music and I have no interest in hearing any of my fave artists remixed, thank you very much! I manually delete these, too.

slhck
Casual Listener

It's baffling to me how such a feature couldn't be implemented until now. And considering the remarkable accuracy of Discover Weekly predictions, the Release Radar falls short of the “AI magic” that Spotify otherwise makes use of. It seriously does not consider songs or artists not being played.

“My suggestion would be to continue listening to your music taste over and over, and Spotify's algorithms will detect you're no longer interested in your mother's music taste. As such, will stop them from appearing in your Discover Weekly/Release Radar”

The above is simply not the case. I haven't listened to some bands for over four years! Someone had used my account at the time to listen to some songs from some crappy pop punk bands — I wish I would never see these being suggested to me again.

DML71
Gig Goer

maddening isn't it. 

ironically i saw drake being pushed last weekend, he still crops up in my playlist due to an ex listening to him 4/5 years ago.  How I would love a block button to block him and all the other r&b artists associated with him.

SUGGESTED POSTS