remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

Highlighted

Re: remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

MrDWilson
Regular

It has been put in! I have this on my desktop app and on my iOS app now! Good job guys, appreciate it.

screenshot.294.jpg

sophiesensation

It's ridiculous to me that there's no way to remove stuff from your listening history. I hope this new button works well because someone got into my account a few weeks ago and listened to a bunch of stuff I'm not into at all and now it's all over my Discover stuff. I asked the Spotify help people and they said I just have to keep listening to music and use the new "remove" button. We'll see how well that works...

adamgw

On the desktop app, go to Recently Played, you can remove items there. Not sure if it has any effect, but worth a shot!

DML71
Gig Goer

'Dislike' option not showing on my phone (iOS).

DML71
Gig Goer

@MrDWilson wrote:

It has been put in! I have this on my desktop app and on my iOS app now! Good job guys, appreciate it.

Checked on my desktop app amd the like/dislike option is now there. Still not available on iOS for me.  Must be in testing for a select number of users.

But on a happier note the artists shown reflect my recent listening much better than previously.  I'm hoping that once the like/dislike is on my mobile I'll be able to tailor it further. 

Vinylaria
Casual Listener

Like/Dislike available also in the Linux desktop player, really nice to see the support. 

MetalRayzor
It's nice that the option is there but I have to parse through my Release Radar and Discover lists every time to find all the garbage that Spotify adds every week. The worst came tonight when I got an email with an artist that is the polar opposite of anything I listen too, the same one showed up on the Discover list on my home page and the first song in my release radar. It is clear that Spotify is actively spamming long time paying members to promote anyone who pays them regardless of how much time we spend curating our own tastes.
SUGGESTED POSTS