Announcements

revert to older version?

Highlighted

revert to older version?

Music Fan

any way to revert to previous version (2 versions ago) for desktop OSX???

this new update is absolutely horrendous. The worst one in Spotify history. I'm on the latest one now (1.1.33.569), there was one update yesterday but it didn't change anything. So really I need to go back two versions.

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: revert to older version?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @das187, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

Once the Spotify app gets updated to the latest version, there isn't a way to revert back to the old version. Also, new versions of the Spotify app ensure that issues are fixed and that you're rocking the latest features!

There is more info about why the app changes here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

HAHAHA rocking latest features?? You mean LACKING all the features? OP you were probably selected to be part of their ridiculous desktop A/B testing they're doing right now. Keep digging around the community and you find nothing but complaints about it for months now for "lucky" ones who got opted into this without our consent despite being premium members. Don't bother installing an older version because it is linked to your account. The only way you can get around it is by creating a new account and pray that one isn't being tested.

Highlighted

Music Fan
what kind of moron thought it would be a good idea to randomly test the most extreme things on people and not give them a choice? i swear these tech companies have all gone mad. the problem is they're bored and just do things for the sake of doing them. this way they can justify improvements and progress but they're not making things better they're just bored little nerds tinkering with something good and change for the sake of change. stagnation in many cases isn't lack of action on a micro level, but lack of action on a macro level (ie blockbuster/netflix)

take google maps, it was literally perfect like 5 years ago all they've been doing is adding nonsense bells and whistles that make the functionality of the app terrible and don't change any paradigm or major functionality.

whatever, ranting aside, is there a way to get out of this experiment? if i delete my account and reopen one, can i transfer my account history and playlsits? i have thousands of liked songs and albums and tons of playlists i've made and follow. i'd hate to lose all that, but this new app is so terrible i'm almost tempted to do that or just cancel altogether out of sheer protest and principle.
Highlighted

Hey folks,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the recent changes that are being tested on the desktop app. Our team heard your voice and we'll make sure that we cover your concerns as we speak about these changes internally.

For now, we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design or submit a new idea for any particular feature you'd like to see return in the new app design.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tried my shot at creating a new account after being Spotify premium in that profile for years because I couldn't take this UI anymore, but the new account (this one) already has this new "update" that lacks all the features why being a premium client is worth it. For anyone thinking about creating a new account, just don't go into it with too much hope.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Why did you change one of the most basis functions? The ability of the user to change the order of the songs? UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Probably reason to cancel my subscription!

Highlighted

Hey there @music_datum

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your feedback.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the changes in the Spotify update.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

As @Xenia mentioned in here reply above - we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design or submit a new idea for any particular feature you'd like to see return in the new app design.

If you have any question we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

PeterModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS